Developer dispute in Ogdensburg settled

Developer dispute in Ogdensburg settled

There are 8 comments on the Watertown Daily Times story from Jul 10, 2012, titled Developer dispute in Ogdensburg settled. In it, Watertown Daily Times reports that:

THE CITY OF OGDENSBURG AND PLATTSBURGH DEVELOPER GILBERT J. JONES HAVE SETTLED THEIR DIFFERENCES OVER HIS CONSTRUCTION OF A 480-SQUARE-FO Mr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Watertown Daily Times.

jsovie

Utica, NY

#1 Jul 10, 2012
Mr.Jones should have to follow the rule just like everyone else! If i put up garage with out a permit then I either have to take it down or pay a fine. Same thing goes for renovations to my house. Why should he get any special treatment? As for the movie theater... perhaps he should be asked why the lady who was leasing the theater would renew. He never fixed anythng there. Heat problems in the winter, broken seats, broken equipment,...etc.
Dink

Syracuse, NY

#2 Jul 11, 2012
Glad it all settled...but what a stupid comment at the end by Cosmo. Why rub it in after the fact? You got the guy to go through all the hoops, now you gotta throw his face in it at the end with a big bad "he found out we were serious" quote? screw this town.
what a town

Poughkeepsie, NY

#3 Jul 14, 2012
Who the hell would want to do any type of business in this small minded thinking sorryasstown !!! Good luck on getting your movie theatre back .The way you treated this guy !You deserve everything you get ; the way you Hillbillies treat people there is a joke , your city will never amount to $h&#, keep up the good work sorryberg , you look like fools ...
name changer

Mannsville, NY

#4 Jul 14, 2012
what a town wrote:
Who the hell would want to do any type of business in this small minded thinking sorryasstown !!! Good luck on getting your movie theatre back .The way you treated this guy !You deserve everything you get ; the way you Hillbillies treat people there is a joke , your city will never amount to $h&#, keep up the good work sorryberg , you look like fools ...
As long as you say so NAME CHANGER
whoa

Minoa, NY

#5 Jul 14, 2012
jsovie wrote:
Mr.Jones should have to follow the rule just like everyone else! If i put up garage with out a permit then I either have to take it down or pay a fine. Same thing goes for renovations to my house. Why should he get any special treatment? As for the movie theater... perhaps he should be asked why the lady who was leasing the theater would renew. He never fixed anythng there. Heat problems in the winter, broken seats, broken equipment,...etc.
he booted that lady because she didn't pay her rent. she is now blabbing all that stuff to make him look bad
Name changer

Mannsville, NY

#6 Jul 14, 2012
whoa wrote:
<quoted text>
he booted that lady because she didn't pay her rent. she is now blabbing all that stuff to make him look bad
You got it wrong there name changer, she was HIRED to run the place, she did not lease it. He didn't like that the city made him go by the rules, Then he threw a hissy fit, and closed the place. But that's OK, not to many went there anyways. The place really sucked. I would much rather stay home and watch a movie on my 1,000 watt surround system, it is so much better.
Ogdensturd

Ogden, UT

#7 Jul 15, 2012
If I were Gilbert Jones, I would pull out of Ogdensburg anyway. It is a bad investment. Ogdensburg and Massena are shrinking communities with no culture and negligible amenities. Canton and Potsdam are booming in comparison - go invest in Canton and Potsdam, Gil, and leave Ogdensburg to rot, just like you said.
Misty

Gilboa, NY

#8 Jul 15, 2012
Why does the old man bother with these petty ventures. Take your money and go enjoy the little time you have left.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ogdensburg, Canada Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Would Canadians drive to border towns if new NA... Dec '17 will USA buy pot ... 1
News First Ogdensburg Patriot Run deemed community s... (Apr '17) Apr '17 Know 1
News Ogdensburg plans early for $10 million developm... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Tory 2
News Massenaa s 56 Auto Drive-In opens for 60th year... (May '15) Jun '15 LoveTheDriveInWit... 3
News Lisbon resident Russell Finley will challenge A... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Supervisor 3
News NY settles oil spill claim with ExxonMobil (Nov '13) Nov '13 Jim 1
News More charges pending in case of trash man accus... (Aug '13) Nov '13 jailhousejunky 4