ATV park takes riders through forgotten coal mining boomtowns

Oct 16, 2010 Read more: Charleston Gazette 30

Woody Duba, general manager of Beaver Coal Co. and developer of Burning Rock's coal heritage tours, shows visitors the entrance to a 1,400-foot ramp that took miners into the former White Mountain Coal Co.

Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bella Loca

United States

#21 Feb 25, 2011
Good job. I can tell that you thought a long time on that explanation.
Sam Slick

Beckley, WV

#22 Mar 8, 2011
Dear Bella Loca. As you read my post. You will be able to tell that I am an avid ATV (4 wheeler) enthusiast and rider. I obey the rules and regulations no matter where I am. I do ride my ATV in the Sophia, Beckley, Raleigh, McDowell, Logan counties to name a few. I bought my ATV in WV a boost to the economy. I bought my trailer to haul my ATV on in WV a boost to the economy. Personal property taxes, license fees,insurance, trail fees, gas, food, extras for my ATV A boost to the economy. Sophia and the whole Beckley area need to take a look at Gilbert Town during the 4 wheeler October Fest and take notice of how much money that is pumped into the economy. They need to take some hints and do the same thing. Hope this enlightens you a little. GOD BLESS. Slick
Mckinney Mtn Rd

Mount Hope, WV

#23 Oct 1, 2013
DebC wrote:
Woody Duba could care less about the people of southern Wv, all he wants to do is fill beaver lands pockets. You can go ride these trails without a guide and see all the same stuff and have more fun doing it. Also 90% of the stuff they are referring to you can get to by car. Another ploy to get more money out of people.

The hell with burning rock. As far as I'm concerned they can go straight to hell and burn.
Miner

Mount Hope, WV

#24 Oct 1, 2013
Mckinney Mtn Rd wrote:
<quoted text>
The hell with burning rock. As far as I'm concerned they can go straight to hell and burn.
I agree having then dumb son of bitches crossing the main road. Maybe a coal truck with wipe a few then of the out. Idiots
local rider

Mount Hope, WV

#25 Oct 3, 2013
Sam Slick wrote:
Dear Bella Loca. As you read my post. You will be able to tell that I am an avid ATV (4 wheeler) enthusiast and rider. I obey the rules and regulations no matter where I am. I do ride my ATV in the Sophia, Beckley, Raleigh, McDowell, Logan counties to name a few. I bought my ATV in WV a boost to the economy. I bought my trailer to haul my ATV on in WV a boost to the economy. Personal property taxes, license fees,insurance, trail fees, gas, food, extras for my ATV A boost to the economy. Sophia and the whole Beckley area need to take a look at Gilbert Town during the 4 wheeler October Fest and take notice of how much money that is pumped into the economy. They need to take some hints and do the same thing. Hope this enlightens you a little. GOD BLESS. Slick
Your what they call coal bucket smart, the thing br money is going to is beaver land, to hell with them and br.
terry

Beckley, WV

#26 Oct 3, 2013
beaver coal and duba are crooks the only thing I ever got at burning rock is flats burning rock sucks
ATV RIDER

Mount Hope, WV

#27 Oct 19, 2013
terry wrote:
beaver coal and duba are crooks the only thing I ever got at burning rock is flats burning rock sucks
I heard Burning Rock has become a gay hangout. Is that true?
New 2 Town

Fayetteville, WV

#28 Jul 13, 2014
Where is a good place to ride? Obviously not burning rock, butmI'm not too interested in paying to ride anyways. I just moved to the beckley/ stanaford area and I haven't been able to find any trails. Someone at work said you could ride from here to charleston and never touch blacktop, I have yet to see it.
tammy

Beckley, WV

#29 Jul 16, 2014
beaver coal and burning rock are crooks
fandango

Oak Hill, WV

#30 Jul 19, 2014
We park our truck and trailer on burning rock property and have never paid. We have been riding these trails for years, even on horses. If they dont like it they can kiss it. That Jeff Pittman is trying to horn in on burning rock. He is the one who said people could ride through Sophia. He holds multiple titles at town hall (multiple pays) and is zoning safety person. He is the reason people ride all the way to go mart on their atv's. He told burning rock people this was ok and they passed it on to their riders.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newfoundland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings ... (Oct '07) 2 hr Dunkirk Connection 59,502
Where can you find a good prostitute in St. Joh... (Dec '06) Apr 15 sal 100
News Military living allowance in Goose Bay too low,... Apr 15 Agenda 21 1
News IOC cites low iron ore prices as it lays off 15... Apr 9 past price driven up 1
News Tee it up for charity (May '08) Mar 29 some give no rece... 4
News Ken Dryden's futuristic classroom a cross-Canad... Mar 29 know and see 1
News Lung Cancer Smoke Screen (Jun '09) Mar 25 Schmones 33
More from around the web