Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York. Full Story
Anon

Vienna, VA

#60395 Aug 20, 2014
Pride wrote:
Yes all the Buffalonians can be very proud of having a war torn city without having a war like Warsaw did. At least Warsaw rebuilt. What have the Buffalonians accomplished in the last 100 years. You don't even know how to keep what your grandparents built with no money and no College education. What is surprising is how could all those good people produce so many idiots like you that are now the leaders in the community.
I saw a huge construction crane at CC. Thank God, it is not a swinging wracking ball.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#60396 Aug 20, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw a huge construction crane at CC. Thank God, it is not a swinging wracking ball.
My family and I are not parishoners but we certainly enjoyed ourselves at this years dozynki festival. We brought several friends with us and enjoyed the tour of the church too. The cupola is down for repairs and it was a once in a lifetime opportunity to see it up close and take photos as it is a piece of history. The band, food and beer were fantastic in our opinion. The Polish Cafe was immaculate and a nice place to get away from loud activity and relax with a coffee and dessert. We found everyone to be friendly and working hard to make it enjoyable. Hats off to Corpus Christi and we hope the festival continues for years to come. If you are a negative person you will only look at the negative. There is so much good stuff out there now go find it!
Anon

Vienna, VA

#60397 Aug 20, 2014
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
My family and I are not parishoners but we certainly enjoyed ourselves at this years dozynki festival. We brought several friends with us and enjoyed the tour of the church too. The cupola is down for repairs and it was a once in a lifetime opportunity to see it up close and take photos as it is a piece of history. The band, food and beer were fantastic in our opinion. The Polish Cafe was immaculate and a nice place to get away from loud activity and relax with a coffee and dessert. We found everyone to be friendly and working hard to make it enjoyable. Hats off to Corpus Christi and we hope the festival continues for years to come. If you are a negative person you will only look at the negative. There is so much good stuff out there now go find it!
I got there late and there was no more kaszanka, so a had three beers!
Hawaii Joe

Lancaster, NY

#60398 Aug 20, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I got there late and there was no more kaszanka, so a had three beers!
You are quite the lush. Aloha!!!
msgrbadski

West Milford, NJ

#60399 Aug 20, 2014
What is the story on Art Smith and Sicari?
Anon

Vienna, VA

#60400 Aug 20, 2014
Hawaii Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
You are quite the lush. Aloha!!!
E Ola Mau Ka 'Olelo Hawai'i!
Annon

Buffalo, NY

#60403 Aug 21, 2014
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Are the priests still having sexual relations with parishioners there?
Interesting

Buffalo, NY

#60404 Aug 21, 2014
msgrbadski wrote:
What is the story on Art Smith and Sicari?
They're names both begin with the letter "s".
Anon

Vienna, VA

#60405 Aug 21, 2014
In February, the Archdiocese of Chicago suspended Rev. Joseph Wilk for “substantiated reports” of sexual misconduct. This week the priest was declared to be “in good standing”. Apparently, the credible abuse report evaporated in thin air. So is the good name of a Catholic priest.
Evangelization

Buffalo, NY

#60406 Aug 21, 2014
Annon wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps it was creative attempts at evangelization in the central city.
Anon

Vienna, VA

#60407 Aug 21, 2014
SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE - The Communist Government has approved the building of 380 (Orthodox) churches in the Greater Moscow area. Two churches and a convent will also be remodeled inside the Kremlin.

Since: Aug 14

Location hidden

#60408 Aug 21, 2014
Interesting conversation here folks...Good fantasy. Why are you so invested in other people's lives - don't you have any of your own? Suggestion for you,,,,go into fiction writing, many of you would make a mint! I am proud to worship with several of these priests - since I have no parish of my own, I know many of these priests are good, caring, faithful men who you choose to slander. Priests need support - not condemntation for things that only happen in YOUR minds. Even if you are not Catholic or are angry that your church closed...how would you feel if someone said these things about you - or someone you loved. Each of these men have friends and family who love them - they don't deserve this, any more than the priest's do. Many of these priests are also very loved by the people they serve.
I pity you and will be praying for our priests. There are many good priests in this diocese....go look for them and you will find them ministering to others and using their gifts for the betterment of man to the Glory of God. I hope someday you will see that again.

Since: Aug 14

Location hidden

#60409 Aug 21, 2014
I find it interesting that this the above is being listed as my "first" post...since I posted a few days ago in support of our priests. I guess it got removed. Is that your prejudice against priests showing? I guess I should expect this post to get removed to because you only want to tear people down.

No matter, I stand with the good, decent, caring priests of our diocese...and always will.
msgrbadski

West Milford, NJ

#60410 Aug 22, 2014
National Catholic Reporter has an interesting article on what happens to neighborhoods when Catholic schools close. When Pat Ippolito had to close St. James around 1984, the whole Bailey- Kensington neighborhood, went under and has still never recovered. We can expect repeats as more and more schools go under the ax.
msgrbadski

West Milford, NJ

#60411 Aug 22, 2014
Addendum: In the early 1960's, when a bank in the Bailey-Kensington area was moving its deposits. etc. it was decided to do this early Sunday morning., because everyone was in church, and the move could be made almost unnoticed. The BK area was largely, German and Polish Roman Catholic, some Italian and Irish families, plus a splattering of Lutherans. It was one of the safest neighborhoods in the city, Now, it is one of the most dangerous. School beget families, which beget good neighborhoods.
A nunny Mouse

Buffalo, NY

#60412 Aug 22, 2014
msgrbadski wrote:
National Catholic Reporter has an interesting article on what happens to neighborhoods when Catholic schools close. When Pat Ippolito had to close St. James around 1984, the whole Bailey- Kensington neighborhood, went under and has still never recovered. We can expect repeats as more and more schools go under the ax.
Msgr Badski please provide a link. Thanks.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#60413 Aug 22, 2014
Annon wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should we care?
msgrbadski

West Milford, NJ

#60414 Aug 22, 2014
A nunny Mouse wrote:
<quoted text> Msgr Badski please provide a link. Thanks.
Just check the website for thr National Catholic Reporter
they got the article from Religious News Service.
A nunny Mouse

Buffalo, NY

#60415 Aug 22, 2014
msgrbadski wrote:
<quoted text> Just check the website for thr National Catholic Reporter
they got the article from Religious News Service.
Sorry, I don't know what to type into the search terms. I've already tried different things like Ippolito and stuff. Any key words or phrases would be helpful. Thanks.
msgrbadski

West Milford, NJ

#60416 Aug 22, 2014
A nunny Mouse wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry, I don't know what to type into the search terms. I've already tried different things like Ippolito and stuff. Any key words or phrases would be helpful. Thanks.
Go to Google and enters the word, National Catholic Reporter

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newfoundland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where can you find a good prostitute in St. Joh... (Dec '06) Jan 23 raiden 79
Victim's family calm this time as accused murde... Jan 14 Andrew 1
Man accused in brutal sex assault in Prince Alb... Jan 13 Bullies everywhere 1
Harper, premier urged to protect Gros Morne Jan 12 persons too 1
Youth begins trial for couple's murder Jan 12 news and forums 1
St. John's United to host Hymns for Haiti (Jan '10) Jan 11 Benson 2
Bay St. George YMCA member sees years and years... Jan 10 NFLD 1
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:35 am PST