Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 59967 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

PRO PAPA

Buffalo, NY

#60343 Aug 1, 2014
PAPA wrote:
<quoted text>
The Pope is going to Philly next year. Could he swing by Buffalo? It's poorer than Philadelphia.
He can give the Worst Bishop of the USA award. There are a lot in the running for that.
St_Swithin

United States

#60344 Aug 3, 2014
msgrbadski wrote:
<quoted text> It is widely perceived that esp. in the Northeast part of the United states. bishops are the managers of decline. Buffalo is no exception. Some of the problems did not start in the chancery, but in the pews, esp. with poor religious education, after Vatican II.
Much of the cuurent religious education "faith formation" is in the hands of my generation (baby boomers) with their watered down Catholic lite philosophy. Perhaps when a new generation takes over, things may change, And, no, I am not an EWTN traditionalist...just (I hope) a realist.
msgrbadski

West Milford, NJ

#60345 Aug 3, 2014
Check out CNN's we story on the lifestyles of some our Archbishops. 10 of them have mansions worth well over a million dollars. And Malone's mansions is worth 11 million.
msgrbadski

West Milford, NJ

#60346 Aug 3, 2014
Insider information that I have on one of the Archdioceses indicates that it is rolling in cash from the recent sales of closed school and church and is actually looking forward to increasing is cash reserves and holding through future sales of ecclesiastical properties. My question -- where is the money going?
Mass Mob at St Tommies

Buffalo, NY

#60347 Aug 4, 2014
The Mass Mob went to St. Thomas Of Aquinas yesterday. Mass Mob is a great idea where they pick a church to attend and tell everybody to attend that mass. It's jam packed! They provide a boost and awareness for whatever parish they attend for that day. The increase in the collection plate for that day is what the pastors look for. Fat Jimmy (Judge) is of course no different. Moreso even! He put out his best silverware, so to speak, for this mass! He had food out on tables for people and all of his choirs combined to let people see their best! The only problem is when they might go back, they won't get fed, Jimmy doesn't celebrate mass there to often and their will be a portion of the big choir at that mass. Well, at least he could make a payment on his place in Canada!
msgrbadski

West Milford, NJ

#60348 Aug 6, 2014
Mass Mob at St Tommies wrote:
The Mass Mob went to St. Thomas Of Aquinas yesterday. Mass Mob is a great idea where they pick a church to attend and tell everybody to attend that mass. It's jam packed! They provide a boost and awareness for whatever parish they attend for that day. The increase in the collection plate for that day is what the pastors look for. Fat Jimmy (Judge) is of course no different. Moreso even! He put out his best silverware, so to speak, for this mass! He had food out on tables for people and all of his choirs combined to let people see their best! The only problem is when they might go back, they won't get fed, Jimmy doesn't celebrate mass there to often and their will be a portion of the big choir at that mass. Well, at least he could make a payment on his place in Canada!
what the Diocese of Buffalo needs is something more than "mass mobs", These are just ephemeral publicity stunts. What the DOBB needs os more permanence and commitment so that these parishes can survive. Recent statistics on Baptisms and First communions are not very encouraging, either long term or short term.
Prince of Pine Ridge

Buffalo, NY

#60349 Aug 7, 2014
The Prince of Pine Ridge a/k/a The Pine Ridge Rapist was out with his fag hag lady friend today. He parked his car in her driveway and then the two drove off together in her car. What is the reason for them getting together? Does his employer know he was out on work time? I wonder what they talked about? Mmmm........could it be things aren't going well for them? Remember I asked them if they knew who they were messing with and I think now they know or maybe they haven't. When things come out I think they will lose an important ally.
msgrbadski

West Milford, NJ

#60350 Aug 7, 2014
Prince of Pine Ridge wrote:
The Prince of Pine Ridge a/k/a The Pine Ridge Rapist was out with his fag hag lady friend today. He parked his car in her driveway and then the two drove off together in her car. What is the reason for them getting together? Does his employer know he was out on work time? I wonder what they talked about? Mmmm........could it be things aren't going well for them? Remember I asked them if they knew who they were messing with and I think now they know or maybe they haven't. When things come out I think they will lose an important ally.
Who is the prince of Pine of Pine Ridge.?
msgrbadski

West Milford, NJ

#60351 Aug 7, 2014
Father Frank Chmielewski, pastor at St. Bernards, just passed away.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#60352 Aug 7, 2014
msgrbadski wrote:
<quoted text> Who is the prince of Pine of Pine Ridge.?
'
Bialkowska?
Bialkowska Neighbor Alert

Buffalo, NY

#60353 Aug 7, 2014
I spoke to Jacqueline who told me she unsuspectingly just bought her home and didn't know about the reputation of her new next door neighbor......Bialkowska. She was grateful that we sent her the past newspaper and television articles about him. She did say that she noticed he keeps company with various male companions.???????? We didn't talk directly to Jim and Ann Marie but we sent them the articles to since they have a right to know that the Pine Ridge Rapist has moved to a new location.

P.S. You better explain to your boss why you were visiting the fag hag when you should have been working.
Sick

Buffalo, NY

#60354 Aug 8, 2014
It sure sounds like someone is very sick and in need of counseling.
msgrbadski

West Milford, NJ

#60355 Aug 9, 2014
New Cupola at Corpus Christi. Doesn't look like they are going to close the place soon.
Anon

Vienna, VA

#60356 Aug 9, 2014
msgrbadski wrote:
New Cupola at Corpus Christi. Doesn't look like they are going to close the place soon.
This was not on the map of Sr. Reggie nor of the Priests' Council
who had decided to close this parish and demolish the church.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#60357 Aug 9, 2014
msgrbadski wrote:
They are turning it into a museum, no one goes there except the art and buildings people. They only care about the buildings and not about the people, or the people from the neighborhood.
msgrbadski

West Milford, NJ

#60358 Aug 9, 2014
Read Buffalo News article on Bishop Malone.
Anon

Vienna, VA

#60359 Aug 10, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
They are turning it into a museum, no one goes there except the art and buildings people. They only care about the buildings and not about the people, or the people from the neighborhood.
At least, that's is one church that cares for the arts and the religious buildings!
annon

Hamburg, NY

#60360 Aug 10, 2014
I read the article in the newspaper this morning. The Bishop is simply out of touch with everyone.
St_Swithin

United States

#60361 Aug 10, 2014
msgrbadski wrote:
<quoted text> what the Diocese of Buffalo needs is something more than "mass mobs", These are just ephemeral publicity stunts. What the DOBB needs os more permanence and commitment so that these parishes can survive. Recent statistics on Baptisms and First communions are not very encouraging, either long term or short term.
What the DoB and most other dioceses require are bishops with new ideas. The current group of careerists need to retire to their villas. The we-always-did-it-this-way model is no longer sustainable. And is driving away Parishoners.
Anon

Vienna, VA

#60362 Aug 11, 2014
St_Swithin wrote:
<quoted text>
What the DoB and most other dioceses require are bishops with new ideas. The current group of careerists need to retire to their villas. The we-always-did-it-this-way model is no longer sustainable. And is driving away Parishoners.
The Fife and Drums of our bishops are playing odd tunes.
Their old troops are disbanding or joining other ranks
and there are very few recruits.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newfoundland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News St. John's homeowner wakes up to burglar in bed... Sat The Harpo Agenda ... 1
News Alberta premier won't back away from royalty re... Aug 23 JUSTIN TRUDEAU ERA 1
News Red Deer accommodating growing Filipino community Aug 18 Phillip Eans - Mu... 6
News Margaret Atwood, Lawrence Hill just a sampling ... Aug 17 Rosetta Stoned 1
News Lack of Terry Fox Day hype insulting Aug 17 shinny shinbone 2
News Folk duo touring province Aug 17 Fergus OBYRNE 1
News Manitoba Terry Fox Day honours memory of famed ... Aug 3 August Schellenberg 1
More from around the web