Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 62725 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

anon

Eden, NY

#60303 Jul 20, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>seriously? He actually brought this up in his bulletin? "The lady doth protest too much, methinks"
I've never even met the man or seen him or a photo of him so get over yourself Ted. "ME" DOES think that you have a grudge against him and anyone else who took the offer to save themselves when you decided to go down with the ship. Of course, you and others like you never thought the ship would go down. You thought you were entitled to do anything and everything because, after all, YOU are YOU!!! Better luck next time.
anon

Eden, NY

#60304 Jul 20, 2014
BTW, in his bulletin he never made reference to the nasty things that you said about him. My guess is that he thought it was a parishioner (as you identified yourself) who didn't like that he wasn't there 24-7 (and she didn't know where he was) and decided to start rumors. You've all been there and you know it.
anon

Eden, NY

#60305 Jul 20, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>seriously? He actually brought this up in his bulletin? "The lady doth protest too much, methinks"
"The lady" as you call me, made an offer of full forgiveness for any offender who would tell what he knew to the police. I feel that Fr. Glassmire must have done that (or you wouldn't be so angry with him) and I feel a responsibility to see that he (and the other forgiven) get the forgiveness that I promised them. That is the end of the story. I would so much like this to be over but you, of course, hope it will go on forever so you don't have to 'pay your dues'. It would probably benefit my wish for closure if I would say to the police, yeah, Glassmire is all that, go get him but I have to live with myself despite your efforts otherwise.
anon

Eden, NY

#60306 Jul 20, 2014
That brings me to this: When I made my offer of full forgiveness to any offender who would step forward and tell the police what they knew that could help, the police let me make that offer. Nowhere did I read that the offer would hold as long as the forgiven had no skeletons in his closet. If that had been the case, nobody would have come forward. I consider full forgiveness, just that. The police need to let that be the final word on this. Forgiven means forgiven. Just because somebody is now saying that priest isn't worthy of forgiveness, doesn't make it so. I decide who is worthy of forgiveness (in this case). Whoever took me up on that offer IS forgiven. Let him be and get this OVER WITH!!!! The accuser is stalling for time. Don't play his game. It is MY time and I deserve to have it returned to me NOW!
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#60307 Jul 20, 2014
msgrbadski wrote:
New York is closing a large number of parishes, come September. Buffalo won't be far behind/
Read where Germans are leaving the Catholic Church. Stats state 178,805 formally left in 2013, compared with 118,335 the previous year. Are there statistics on the amount of people who have left the church in the last decade due to loss of confidence and credibility?
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#60308 Jul 21, 2014
Sun Bulletin wrote:
<quoted text>
Read last Sunday's Bulletin from Ascension Parish. Father Dave Glassmire reprimands parishioners for questioning why he is never in Batavia, blaming the military. He is never in Batavia because he lives in Amherst, and has a steady boyfriend. He tells parishioners to "Call him with concerns about his behavior". Will he be in Amherst, will his Boyfriend screen the call?
Why don't you help the poor, or visit the lonely, or volunteer somewhere, You need help.
Spend you time helping others instead of wasting it on this.
Glassmire is a good man, leave him alone.
Anon

West Falls, NY

#60309 Jul 21, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you help the poor, or visit the lonely, or volunteer somewhere, You need help.
Spend you time helping others instead of wasting it on this.
Glassmire is a good man, leave him alone.
Those looking for revenge get on this blog and try to destroy the people they hate. Why would I believe the idiots on this blog? If they are stalkers that means they're sick and can't be trusted.. Please don't tell them to help or volunteer anywhere all they will do is cause trouble for some other unsuspecting organization. Psychos that are so evil can't even be helped by doctors or pills. They should be locked up somewhere and just let them howl at the moon.
Gimme Money

West Falls, NY

#60310 Jul 21, 2014
Anon wrote:
While we are on the subject of inappropriate behavior of clergy let us discuss abuse or rape of women. There was a time when women and children were sent to a priest for counseling. Psychotherapists and CSW counselors were not available. These were vulnerable people. How often were these people violated? Are there records of complaints of rape by priests? How much has the DOB paid out to these victims.
Why should the DOB pay anything? Where are the court cases? Why is money the first thing that these poor victims want? There are people getting raped and killed everyday. Who pays them? They don't even get a change of clothes.
msgrbadski

Greenwich, CT

#60311 Jul 21, 2014
What is the story on Sicari and Art Smith?
ANON

Buffalo, NY

#60313 Jul 22, 2014
msgrbadski wrote:
What is the story on Sicari and Art Smith?
Has anyone on this blog ever heard of the 8 th. commandment?
Anon

Washington, DC

#60314 Jul 22, 2014
ANON wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not go to a catholic school.
anon

Eden, NY

#60315 Jul 22, 2014
Thou shalt not bear false witness against your neighbor....meaning don't tell any lies about anyone else. Out bad blog!!!
News

Buffalo, NY

#60316 Jul 23, 2014
Great letter in the editorial section of the News today about the school closings where the writer states that this was one of the worst decisions ever made by the diocesan hierarchy.
Anon

Washington, DC

#60317 Jul 23, 2014
anon wrote:
Thou shalt not bear false witness against your neighbor....meaning don't tell any lies about anyone else. Out bad blog!!!
Even if true (or you think it is) you can not tell bad things about your neighbor.
If you think he should amend his ways, say it privately to he face, not on this blog.
Anon

Washington, DC

#60318 Jul 23, 2014
TRIDUUM IN HONOR OF ST. ANN - July 24,25,26.
6:45 P.M. Outdoor Rosary at St. Ann Church 651 Broadway/Emslie St.)
7:15 P.M. Mass at SS. Columba-Brigid Church
Let's pray for the reopening and restoration of St. Ann Church & Shrine!
Anon

West Falls, NY

#60319 Jul 23, 2014
ANON wrote:
<quoted text>
The person who repeats evil gossip is just as evil as the one who invents it. We will all be punished for the evil we do.
Defending Wrong

Buffalo, NY

#60320 Jul 23, 2014
Sun Bulletin wrote:
<quoted text>
Read last Sunday's Bulletin from Ascension Parish. Father Dave Glassmire reprimands parishioners for questioning why he is never in Batavia, blaming the military. He is never in Batavia because he lives in Amherst, and has a steady boyfriend. He tells parishioners to "Call him with concerns about his behavior". Will he be in Amherst, will his Boyfriend screen the call?
Why do Fr. Dave Glassmires accomplices feel they have to defend his actions. The truth of the matter is: His home is in Amherst, where he spends the majpority of his time. He has a Boyfriend: And you all know him. He has been named on this blog and throughout the diocese. Go visit Fr. Dave at the rectory in Batavia, you won't find him. Go visit him in Amherst, His boyfirend will answer the door. Stop lying to defend his actions.
Agreed Make a Choice

Buffalo, NY

#60321 Jul 23, 2014
Last time I checked, celibacy was still a vow of ALL priests. Come on Glassmire, make your choice but you cant have both!!! Nothing wrong with either choice!
Still

Buffalo, NY

#60322 Jul 23, 2014
Why hasnt the DOB dealt with Fr. Glassmire yet? Seems to me everyone knows this has been going on for far too long.
Unfortunately

Buffalo, NY

#60323 Jul 23, 2014
News wrote:
Great letter in the editorial section of the News today about the school closings where the writer states that this was one of the worst decisions ever made by the diocesan hierarchy.
Unfortunately, I believe more will follow. Their were MAJOR, MAJOR Blunders made with this round of closings and Malone is not man enough to fix anything. As it sinks in and none of the litigation are won, people who have nothing to lose will say something. i.e. people who don't work in the diocese or have anything to do with Malone! It will come out that he's an embarrassment to WNY. All people can do is vent. He'll probably wait till it dies down and slowly get back into his duties or he'll be on the first Jet to wherever? It's sad for Buffalo. We don't have a spiritual leader who we can support and believe in. He has kicked the children to the curb and most likely set the foundation for taking Catholicism out of WNY.! Sad,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newfoundland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thinking of moving to Newfoundland - help and a... (Jan '07) Nov 12 Anonymous 91
News Toronto ranked 10th best city for women in Cana... Nov '17 Love Machine 3
News N.L. man gets life sentence for murder in Ontario Oct '17 NFLD 1
News Newfoundland to allow switch to gender-neutral ... Sep '17 Capt Craig 1
News DeJaynes ~ Jenssen (Jun '13) Sep '17 FindItDennis 5
News Food for Life distributes to eight Halton Hills... (Sep '15) Aug '17 organic eh 4
News St. John's volunteer, activist Susan Shriner pa... Jul '17 Donna Barrett 1
More from around the web