Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 62103 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

looking for Truth

Buffalo, NY

#60176 Jun 21, 2014
On AM Buffalo last week they interviewed Catholic Charities representatives. They said 100% of the money goes to the people who need it. Hm.....I thought someone on this blog back in Kmiec's time said the Bishop takes the first two million for whatever he sees fit. Any truth to that?
Hypos

Buffalo, NY

#60177 Jun 21, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>glassmire will burn for his sodomy
Who are you to judge?
anon

Eden, NY

#60178 Jun 22, 2014
blackmail???
Anonymous

Washington, DC

#60179 Jun 22, 2014
looking for Truth wrote:
On AM Buffalo last week they interviewed Catholic Charities representatives. They said 100% of the money goes to the people who need it. Hm.....I thought someone on this blog back in Kmiec's time said the Bishop takes the first two million for whatever he sees fit. Any truth to that?
Of course, Bishop needs money the most!
Anon

North Tonawanda, NY

#60180 Jun 22, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>glassmire will burn for his sodomy
let's bring marshmallows to toast on the burning Fr glassmire
in the news

Buffalo, NY

#60181 Jun 22, 2014
I read in the Buffalo News today that 300 students are not going to Catholic schools. It's heartbreaking after driving by some of the schools that are closing. I see that those buildings are modern and their is enough land to move the Bills there. Yes, it's an exaggeration , but enough beautifully landscaped area that could be used for lawn fetes or carnivals to raise money for the parish and school like Queen Of Heaven in West Seneca which is a huge money maker! Not to mention having sporting events for Catholic schools. Or to take the overflow of those displaced students and teachers. Oh, well!
msgrbadski

West Milford, NJ

#60182 Jun 22, 2014
If anyone has the "goods" on Glassmire they should notify Bishop Malone.
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#60183 Jun 22, 2014
looking for Truth wrote:
I believe the first $5 million goes to the Bishop's Fund and the bishop uses it any way he wants.That's why I haven't given in years. Rather donate to a canine rescue. The dogs are more in need and much more appreciative.
Leo

Lancaster, NY

#60184 Jun 22, 2014
msgrbadski wrote:
If anyone has the "goods" on Glassmire they should notify Bishop Malone.
Nobody has the goods,so no notification needed. The Bishop can figure it out himself. He was'nt born yesterday.
msgrbadski

West Milford, NJ

#60185 Jun 22, 2014
Leo wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody has the goods,so no notification needed. The Bishop can figure it out himself. He was'nt born yesterday.
What is the name of Glassmire's ""boyfriend"?
The first what

Buffalo, NY

#60186 Jun 22, 2014
Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the first $5 million goes to the Bishop's Fund and the bishop uses it any way he wants.That's why I haven't given in years. Rather donate to a canine rescue. The dogs are more in need and much more appreciative.
Yikes, that is a lot of money! I wish the people knew that. However, I think it would be the end of Catholic Charities if they did..... When people are so needy in Buffalo he get's 5 million!!!.....hm.......
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#60187 Jun 22, 2014
Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
Any clue what he does with that sort of money?
Anon

Newington, CT

#60188 Jun 23, 2014
Leo wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody has the goods,so no notification needed. The Bishop can figure it out himself. He was'nt born yesterday.
Knowing the MO of DOB Politics. Glassmire probably has dirt on other clergy or even Bishop Dick himself that prevents his disciplinary action or removal. Jus sayin
You Will Find Out

Buffalo, NY

#60189 Jun 23, 2014
msgrbadski wrote:
<quoted text> What is the name of Glassmire's ""boyfriend"?
Father Dave Glassmire (Ascension Parish, Batavia) are you bringing your "Boyfriend" to Father Corbin's Anniversary At Templeton Landing 6/29? Or will he be too exhausted from the earlier festivities at your Amherst Pad? You can show him off to the few priests that haven't seen him yet. Looking forward to seeing your "Boytoy"
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#60190 Jun 23, 2014
msgrbadski wrote:
<quoted text> What is the name of Glassmire's ""boyfriend"?
Who cares???
Get a life!
Mary of Magdala

Tonawanda, NY

#60191 Jun 23, 2014
Neither the Catholic nor the Orthodox tradition considers the rule of clerical celibacy to be an unchangeable dogma, but instead as a rule that could be adjusted if the Church thought it appropriate and to which exceptions are admitted.
Don't we think it is time to reconsider this? I do not understand the obsession with priests' sex lives. I have known married priests and a widowed one. There was far less speculation on their sex lives.
Anon

Newington, CT

#60192 Jun 23, 2014
Mary of Magdala wrote:
Neither the Catholic nor the Orthodox tradition considers the rule of clerical celibacy to be an unchangeable dogma, but instead as a rule that could be adjusted if the Church thought it appropriate and to which exceptions are admitted.
Don't we think it is time to reconsider this? I do not understand the obsession with priests' sex lives. I have known married priests and a widowed one. There was far less speculation on their sex lives.
wont help. Church's view on gay sex would still be a huge hindrance . Catholic marriage is still viewed as man/woman. Additionally wouldn't address multiple partners
Anonymous

Washington, DC

#60193 Jun 23, 2014
Card. Dolan is currently overseeing a $175 million restoration of St. Patrick’s cathedral in New York.(It is just a building, right?)
How much money will Bishop Malone spend to restore St. Ann’s and make it an accessible place of worship as the Vatican told him?
Anon

West Falls, NY

#60194 Jun 23, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Any clue what he does with that sort of money?
Pay for demolition and legal fees so he can fight people who want catholic schools and churches to remain open .
msgrbadski

West Milford, NJ

#60195 Jun 23, 2014
What is the story on Art Smith? Total collapse? Nervous breakdown?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newfoundland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trudeau to watch Canadian 9/11-inspired musical... Mar 16 what Fluffy doing... 1
News Gander council aiming to ban Christmas advertis... Mar 8 where will it end 3 2
News Gander council aiming to ban Christmas advertis... Mar 8 where will it end 2 1
News In the wake of declining stock, Gillett urges n... Mar 7 we the little pee... 1
News The Thursday news briefing: An at-a-glance surv... Mar 3 Dateless LAVAL Po... 2
News St. John's United to host Hymns for Haiti (Jan '10) Feb 28 do they know 4
News Projects promoting safe and caring schools thro... Feb 25 Atlantic 2016 1
More from around the web