Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 61150 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

TheSlought

Lancaster, NY

#60135 Jun 15, 2014
Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard there were two other young "chicks" (as Poblocki would say) after Fr. Anzelm so it was a three-way race. He must have been a very busy man. LOL. Whoever got pregnant first got the ecclesiastical kewpie doll Chalupka. Elementary, my dear Watson. I'm not sure, but I don't think he ever married Miss Preggie. You know the old saying, "Why buy the cow when you're getting the milk for free."
Are you reporting there was at threesome? Interesting.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#60136 Jun 15, 2014
<quoted text>
I heard there were two other young "chicks" (as Poblocki would say) after Fr. Anzelm so it was a three-way race. He must have been a very busy man. LOL. Whoever got pregnant first got the ecclesiastical kewpie doll Chalupka. Elementary, my dear Watson. I'm not sure, but I don't think he ever married Miss Preggie. You know the old saying, "Why buy the cow when you're getting the milk for free."
You are one bitter and sick person. You find fault with everyone, except yourself. You talk about all these priests who destroy Dunkirk (Poblocki, Krysa, Nycz), but I think you are the problem, dear Watson. I have heard some real horrible stories about you from friends of Krysa. You have destroyed the credibility of your parish singlehandedly. You talk bad about Krysa because he put you in your place and you are bitter and will hurt to get your revenge. God Bless and have mercy on you.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#60137 Jun 16, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one bitter and sick person. You find fault with everyone, except yourself. You talk about all these priests who destroy Dunkirk (Poblocki, Krysa, Nycz), but I think you are the problem, dear Watson. I have heard some real horrible stories about you from friends of Krysa. You have destroyed the credibility of your parish singlehandedly. You talk bad about Krysa because he put you in your place and you are bitter and will hurt to get your revenge. God Bless and have mercy on you.
You must have really upset Mrs. Anzelm to make her write this! Maybe he'll marry her now.
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#60138 Jun 16, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I simply tell it like it is.
Anon

Springfield, NJ

#60139 Jun 16, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
C. Krysa's Polish cookbook is great and so iz he.
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#60140 Jun 16, 2014
I see from these comments and judge its that the Krysa-Poblocki-Chalupka fan club is working at full strength. Love that comment that I singlehandedly destroyed the credibility of my own parish. And Chalupka didn't?????? His baby is cooing in the pews and he's up at the altar posturing like JPII. That's not a hypocrite? HE singlehandedly brought down Corpus Christi not the drunken Pauline that beat it back to Poland. All credibility of that church was destroyed by Fr. Anzelm but I suppose you want to shake his hand for that and tell him that's okay because he's only human.
Terzo

Hempstead, NY

#60141 Jun 16, 2014
Who is saying the Latin mass at st Anthony nowadays?
Anon

West Falls, NY

#60142 Jun 16, 2014
I see from these comments and judge its that the Krysa-Poblocki-Chalupka fan club is working at full strength. Love that comment that I singlehandedly destroyed the credibility of my own parish. And Chalupka didn't?????? His baby is cooing in the pews and he's up at the altar posturing like JPII. That's not a hypocrite? HE singlehandedly brought down Corpus Christi not the drunken Pauline that beat it back to Poland. All credibility of that church was destroyed by Fr. Anzelm but I suppose you want to shake his hand for that and tell him that's okay because he's only human.
No priest and no parishioner should be so important that a parish should rise or fall because of them. In fact we are all only human and that isn't saying very much is it? Would you like to look in the mirror and see yourself as others see you? Worse yet as God sees you and loves you anyway? I would not be such a fool as to think the credibility of the Church rests with any human being, priest, bishop or pope, they are only human too. I pray that the Holy Spirit hasn't given up on all of us.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#60143 Jun 16, 2014
<quoted text>
I remember one time after Mass two women, one the mother of Anzelm's baby and another were fighting about a third woman who sort of disappeared shortly after that. It was all about Fr. Anzelm. They were fighting about who was "with" and spending time with him.
It was VERY weird.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#60144 Jun 17, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember one time after Mass two women, one the mother of Anzelm's baby and another were fighting about a third woman who sort of disappeared shortly after that. It was all about Fr. Anzelm. They were fighting about who was "with" and spending time with him.
It was VERY weird.
Girls from Hagen street know how to trick a man, catch a man, and get pregnant with a man.
I guess she knew better than the other two.
It comes in threes

Buffalo, NY

#60145 Jun 17, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Girls from Hagen street know how to trick a man, catch a man, and get pregnant with a man.
I guess she knew better than the other two.
My mother also used to say "it comes in threes." Obviously the girl from Hagen Street won because she was the first to spread her legs or perhaps she kept them open enough times, thus beating out the other two, however, he still refuses to marry her, but he does live with her on Hagen Street. Now why do you think he won't marry her? Is this Anzelm's way of saying "you may be the mother of my baby, but I won't commit the rest of my life to you."
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#60146 Jun 17, 2014
It comes in threes wrote:
<quoted text>
My mother also used to say "it comes in threes." Obviously the girl from Hagen Street won because she was the first to spread her legs or perhaps she kept them open enough times, thus beating out the other two, however, he still refuses to marry her, but he does live with her on Hagen Street. Now why do you think he won't marry her? Is this Anzelm's way of saying "you may be the mother of my baby, but I won't commit the rest of my life to you."
It goes back to the saying about why buy the cow when yer getting the milk for free .Probably not in love with her and never was. Just in heat - and couldn't bring himself to use a condom because it's against his religion. What a great way for such a pious pretending priest to end up. Shacking up with the mother of his illegitimate child and living in sin under HER roof. Sounds like a plan to me. And setting a great example for their little girl on how NOT to lead a moral life. Can't help but wonder if Miss Preggie and child are still members of Poblocki's parish and how he handles this bizarre situation.
Poll Lock

Dunkirk, NY

#60147 Jun 17, 2014
Worst part about all these corrupt Polish priests is that they do nothing to serve the poor and destitute in their parishes. Corpus Christi, Saint Stanislaus, Saint Cashmere should follow the lead of the new pope. Corpus is the worst, they do nothing for the hood. They do not welcome neighborhood outsiders. You should see what happens when a black person enters Corpus. It is like an alien mothership has landed. This is not Jesus' way. The jig is up.
<quoted text>
It goes back to the saying about why buy the cow when yer getting the milk for free .Probably not in love with her and never was. Just in heat - and couldn't bring himself to use a condom because it's against his religion. What a great way for such a pious pretending priest to end up. Shacking up with the mother of his illegitimate child and living in sin under HER roof. Sounds like a plan to me. And setting a great example for their little girl on how NOT to lead a moral life. Can't help but wonder if Miss Preggie and child are still members of Poblocki's parish and how he handles this bizarre situation.
ANON

Springfield, NJ

#60148 Jun 17, 2014
Poll Lock wrote:
Worst part about all these corrupt Polish priests is that they do nothing to serve the poor and destitute in their parishes. Corpus Christi, Saint Stanislaus, Saint Cashmere should follow the lead of the new pope. Corpus is the worst, they do nothing for the hood. They do not welcome neighborhood outsiders. You should see what happens when a black person enters Corpus. It is like an alien mothership has landed. This is not Jesus' way. The jig is up.
<quoted text>
St Cashmere? Good grief.
Anon

North Tonawanda, NY

#60149 Jun 17, 2014
ANON wrote:
<quoted text>
St Cashmere? Good grief.
st. Cashmere? Patron saint of well dressed people? Lol
Anonymous

Washington, DC

#60150 Jun 17, 2014
Poll Lock wrote:
<quoted text>
Why aren't you in the welcoming committee? You can also give a generous donation
earmarked for the poor! Charity begins at home!
ecco

Vine Grove, KY

#60151 Jun 17, 2014
Math Major wrote:
You people are ridiculous and sound like spoiled children.
What is it about a declining population that you don't understand?
If you want to live someplace where churches are being added instead of subtracted, move to Pheonix or Dallas.
These are BUILDINGS!
Material possessions!
Not flesh and blood!
It does not make sense to keep these open and pay to heat them, etc. when the people are not using them in sufficient numbers.
This areas population has declines substantially since 1950, and this problem was ignored for far too long.
The Bishop is being a grown up, and you people are being little spoiled brats!
Grow up!
you should move to Dallas or Phoenix then
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#60152 Jun 17, 2014
Poll Lock wrote:
<quoted text>
Corpus used to have outreach in the neighborhood like food giveaway, bread handout a couple days a week and something like a clothing drive or something for the people in the neighborhood
are they still doing that??
I used to see people (of all race and color) standing in line for food on Saturday mornings.
CKM

Lancaster, NY

#60153 Jun 17, 2014
It comes in threes wrote:
<quoted text>
He really is living the high life on Hagen. There are some very expensive $15,000 houses on the street with a very high crime rate. to go with them. Life is good.
anonymous

Lancaster, NY

#60154 Jun 17, 2014
Poll Lock wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you related to the Falls Prophet named Ivan? Your ramblings are similar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newfoundland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thinking of moving to Newfoundland - help and a... (Jan '07) 3 hr Very-Tired 86
News Youth arrested on assault and weapons charges i... Tue Pearl 1
News Anti-government activist fired for criticizing ... Mon NFLD 1
News CODCO's Greg Malone to be recognized by ACTRA (Sep '15) Jun '16 Dying Smoker 2
JUSTIN TRUDEAU ! Already a World Statesman ! (Nov '15) Jun '16 Dying Smoker 2
News Moose beating remains a mystery (Aug '09) Jun '16 Dying Smoker 2
News Letter: Most-used libraries among those slated ... May '16 wabush-mines-clos... 1
More from around the web