Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 61882 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#59690 Apr 17, 2014
Dyngus Dan wrote:
When does Grosz get his own Diocese?
Never, He is over the age limit. Hard to get a diocese over 67-68. Rome likes bishops to have a" reign" of at least 8 years. Too bad, I always thought he had some excellent qualities.
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#59691 Apr 17, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
One and the same. What do you know?
I am glad this has come up again. The Greek and Antiochiam ,Orthodox rejected him for ordination. He "reverted" to Catholicism and was ordained by bishop Isidor Borecky of Toronto, who would ordain almost anyone. Muth was shifted out of the Eparchy of Toronto, to the Eparchy of Van Nuys, now known as the Eparchy of Phoenix, There, he was also implicated in some scandal, and was sent to the Eparchy of Parma, where he created another scandal. The late Archbishop Basil Schott removed him from the ministry on medical grounds, which, I suspect, means he can still present himself as a priest, since officially the grounds were not sexual. There is a sealed summary judgment, with prejudice against Two persons who probably know a lot about case is bishop Kurt Burnette of Passaic and current Archbishop of Pittsburg, William Skurla. The Eparchy of Parma had to pay a $300.000 to settle a case against Muth, although as I understand it, the case happened in a Latin rite parish. There is info about him on bishopaccountability.org and pokrov.org . My suggestion is that one of the eparchies involved hold a canonical trail and then depose him on sexual grounds. That would settle the matter, but not for Muth, who always find some excuse for bouncing back.
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#59692 Apr 17, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
On Dyngus Day. I still like to go to St. Stan's . Is it on the to be demolished list yet?
Give it time, give it time. The demolition crews will eventually get there. Poor Msgr Gabalski must be turning in his grave. Another sign of the mistreatment of Buffalo Polonia.
Hope

Niagara Falls, NY

#59693 Apr 17, 2014
MsgrBadski wrote:
<quoted text> Never, He is over the age limit. Hard to get a diocese over 67-68. Rome likes bishops to have a" reign" of at least 8 years. Too bad, I always thought he had some excellent qualities.
Never late! He might be a late bloomer for the episcopacy! Anything is possible! Just hope against hope!
John

Buffalo, NY

#59694 Apr 17, 2014
Hope wrote:
<quoted text>Never late! He might be a late bloomer for the episcopacy! Anything is possible! Just hope against hope!
Would he take his boyfriend with him to his new diocese - the one he hired as a gardener at St. Stans and paid $50 an hour? Isn't that the same one who worked out with him in the beautiful gym of the third floor of the rectory at St. Stans? Isn't that the same young man who goes out with him to restaurants as well as shopping at Wegmans? Is this young man being groomed for bigger and better things? Will he be able to still please him should he ever get his own diocese?
anonymous

North Tonawanda, NY

#59695 Apr 17, 2014
Kindness is weakness
Anonymous wrote:
priest screaming at the media during the 2.5 hr. HOly Thursday Mass at Corpus Christi. What has happened to this place?
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#59696 Apr 17, 2014
I did some research on the Internet. Stephen Muth is still presenting himself as a priest and saying that all charges against him had been dropped, he appears rather defensive, which lots of people are now wise to him. The Byzantine Catholic metropolitan Church of Pittsburg needs to do more.
Hope

Niagara Falls, NY

#59697 Apr 17, 2014
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Would he take his boyfriend with him to his new diocese - the one he hired as a gardener at St. Stans and paid $50 an hour? Isn't that the same one who worked out with him in the beautiful gym of the third floor of the rectory at St. Stans? Isn't that the same young man who goes out with him to restaurants as well as shopping at Wegmans? Is this young man being groomed for bigger and better things? Will he be able to still please him should he ever get his own diocese?
Is this a fact or a fiction?
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#59698 Apr 17, 2014
Hope wrote:
<quoted text>Is this a fact or a fiction?
Of course its fact. Are we still talking about the bishop with the stubby little fingers? You know what they say about the length of fingers!
Dyngus Dan

Newark, NJ

#59699 Apr 17, 2014
Which Dyngus Day venue will Bishop Malone visit. Some how I have the feeling he is a real fan of Lenny Gomulka and Chicago Push. I am sure he like Polka Family too.
Hope

Niagara Falls, NY

#59700 Apr 17, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course its fact. Are we still talking about the bishop with the stubby little fingers? You know what they say about the length of fingers!
Really?
Hope

Niagara Falls, NY

#59701 Apr 17, 2014
Dyngus Dan wrote:
Which Dyngus Day venue will Bishop Malone visit. Some how I have the feeling he is a real fan of Lenny Gomulka and Chicago Push. I am sure he like Polka Family too.
Perhaps, his secretary will take him to a nice Polish Dyngus Day Party! You never know!
Anonymous

United States

#59702 Apr 17, 2014
Tonight and tomorrow I’m visiting all the churches that have been closed or that are going to be demolished. Will you come?
East Side Reporter

Buffalo, NY

#59703 Apr 19, 2014
anonymous wrote:
Kindness is weakness
<quoted text>
they were warm and fuzzy there. Went to visit on Holy Thursday and priest says that he wants to remind everyone that if you do not go to weekly Mass because of your own negligence, you have to be reminded that you are not to take Holy Communion unless you have gone to Confession! Give me a break! What can I tell these priests that do much more than I could ever think of doing! Just a reminder about telling that old pastor what I did when he was doing things that I cannot even think about. That pastor was just so welcoming to us visiting. I could never even think about going there!
Lovejoy Gal

Buffalo, NY

#59704 Apr 19, 2014
Went to St Katherine Drexel and heard that the secretary has left. Seems it was not a happy parting. Anyone hear about that and what is going on there? Monaco is in deep trouble without help from the office. He might even have to show up at the rectory for more than a couple of minutes!
Anno

Buffalo, NY

#59705 Apr 20, 2014
East Side Reporter wrote:
<quoted text> they were warm and fuzzy there. Went to visit on Holy Thursday and priest says that he wants to remind everyone that if you do not go to weekly Mass because of your own negligence, you have to be reminded that you are not to take Holy Communion unless you have gone to Confession! Give me a break! What can I tell these priests that do much more than I could ever think of doing! Just a reminder about telling that old pastor what I did when he was doing things that I cannot even think about. That pastor was just so welcoming to us visiting. I could never even think about going there!
After all the back biting at Corpus Christi, and the eliminating of parishioners that goes on there, why would anyone go there? Bad liturgy and even worse music are also in residence there.
No one is truly warm and fuzzy there.
Niagara Fancy Bakery

East Aurora, NY

#59706 Apr 20, 2014
Happy Easter to all!
Wesolego Alleluja dla wszystkich!
Niech Bog da ci zycie wieczne.
House

Niagara Falls, NY

#59707 Apr 20, 2014
Lovejoy Gal wrote:
Went to St Katherine Drexel and heard that the secretary has left. Seems it was not a happy parting. Anyone hear about that and what is going on there? Monaco is in deep trouble without help from the office. He might even have to show up at the rectory for more than a couple of minutes!
Where does Monaco reside?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#59708 Apr 20, 2014
Niagara Fancy Bakery wrote:
Happy Easter to all!
Wesolego Alleluja dla wszystkich!
Niech Bog da ci zycie wieczne.
Wesolego Alleluja! Smacznego jaka!
Child Molester

Harpursville, NY

#59709 Apr 20, 2014
I miss being able to say mass at 9 am and getting all that money from the panees and being worshipped by my stupid parishioners who thought I was gods gift to Catholicism. I should have never took that altar server to the drive in and tried to suck his dick. Thank god I have stupid lonely post menopausal women who take care of me. Happy Easter everyone!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newfoundland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Three moose appear at Tim Horton's drive-thru, ... Jan 7 not same luck 4 deer 1
News Snowfall warning, special weather statements is... Jan 7 Moose head 4 Timmys 1
News Mount Pearl grocery store employee wins $250,00... Dec 25 hassen benhassen 3
News Quebec and N.L.: Why peace won't come quickly b... Dec '16 Nfld got short st... 1
News Did Trudeau tip his hand on NAFTA? Not while Tr... Nov '16 JUSTIN TRUDEAU ERA 1
News Tar-covered ghost vessel from Canada hits Ireland Nov '16 McCafe 1
News Tar-covered ghost vessel from Canada hits Irela... Nov '16 McCafe 2
More from around the web