Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 61135 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Simonovic

Lancaster, NY

#59408 Mar 31, 2014
Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>you are very wrong in your critical assessment of the local bishop!
Those who don't know their history are condemned to repeat it.
Dollars and Sense

Buffalo, NY

#59409 Mar 31, 2014
edu wrote:
<quoted text>The Vatican does not belong in the banking business. Period.
Does the Diocese of Buffalo belong in the financial business? Doesn't everyone say the church should be run like a business? What kind of business are you talking about? whatever doesn't make a profit gets closed or demolished. What about insurance , retirement , and investment funds and collecting taxes from all the parishes and merging everybody's money into one body of Christ. What do have to say about that you flunky.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#59410 Mar 31, 2014
Revenge wrote:
<quoted text>
When I think of what has happened to some priests in this diocese who disagreed wih 795 Main St ON ANY SUBJECT, I fear for Fr. Seil. They are going to go after him with all their ammunition. The priests should have some human rights and it should not be so difficult or expensive for them. How can the church sound off on economic and social justice when it still treats people worse than the inquisition. There are many ways to kill people and they seem to know them all.
We will be watching to see what happens to him. I will be willing to offer help if he wants it
This diocese is un-American. Why not let the people pay for their own schools and repair their own churches if they want to.
Dialing For Dollars

Newark, NJ

#59411 Mar 31, 2014
I used to wait by the phone for Nolan to call my number...six from the bottom, three from the top. Now that was reality TV. The good old days at 1430 Main Street. Johnny and Jimmy were a great duo too...Rocketship 7 was another gem, but I will save that for another post.
edu

Lancaster, NY

#59412 Mar 31, 2014
Banks wrote:
<quoted text>who are you, sir?
I am Mihailo. Who are you sir?
Brilliant

Buffalo, NY

#59413 Mar 31, 2014
Provoking wrote:
<quoted text> he should get what he asked for!
Is everybody in Niagara Falls stuck on stupid?
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#59414 Mar 31, 2014
Banks wrote:
<quoted text>who are you, sir?
Another know it all who thinks the Diocese of Buffalo is the only one who needs money. The Diocese should start its own credit union or charter its own bank, it only takes about 20 million dollars, then we could all borrow from it , pay back wit h interest instead of borrowing and doing business with other banks.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#59415 Mar 31, 2014
Revenge wrote:
<quoted text>
When I think of what has happened to some priests in this diocese who disagreed wih 795 Main St ON ANY SUBJECT, I fear for Fr. Seil. They are going to go after him with all their ammunition. The priests should have some human rights and it should not be so difficult or expensive for them. How can the church sound off on economic and social justice when it still treats people worse than the inquisition. There are many ways to kill people and they seem to know them all.
I hope they bite him right in his fat azz!!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous

United States

#59416 Mar 31, 2014
edu wrote:
Should the Vatican, the dioceses and the religious orders keep their money under the mattress or give it unscrupulous stockholders? The IOR was never a bank but a trust fund for the savings of Dioceses and religious orders throughout the world. The new Vatican bank is called APSA (Administration of the Patrimony of the Apostolic See). Recently, out of 21 thousands accounts, about 1 thousand private investors have been excluded in order to assure traceability of international transactions (which the Vatican did before many American, British, German and even Italian banks).
Food

Niagara Falls, NY

#59417 Mar 31, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope they bite him right in his fat azz!!!!!!!!!!
they will get a good 'delicacy' from his fat rearend.
anon

Lancaster, NY

#59418 Mar 31, 2014
Food wrote:
<quoted text>they will get a good 'delicacy' from his fat rearend.
And you and the bishop will be the first in line to eat it Ivan.
Food

Niagara Falls, NY

#59419 Mar 31, 2014
anon wrote:
<quoted text>And you and the bishop will be the first in line to eat it Ivan.
you will be marching first in line since you know everything.
Banks

Niagara Falls, NY

#59420 Mar 31, 2014
edu wrote:
neither do you with your stupid comments!
Return

Niagara Falls, NY

#59421 Mar 31, 2014
Amherst Annie wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Boy Toy" is NOT a priest. Father David Glassmires boyfriend is in fact decades younger than Fr. Dave, a kid, not a priest.! Last Thursday, Fri, Sat. I saw him at Fr. Daves(my neighbor) house all night long...I went to bed and the "BoyToy" still didn't leave. This weekend Fr. Daves "Pad" was rather quiet....is he actually spending some time at Ascension Parish in Batavia like he should? The Batavian should research this since the DOB is ignoring it! A Catholic priest and his open "Boy Toy"....real Catholic!
Are the Amherst Annie back your your 'proven comments'?
Return

Niagara Falls, NY

#59422 Mar 31, 2014
should read with her 'proven comments'.
anon

Lancaster, NY

#59423 Mar 31, 2014
Food wrote:
<quoted text>you will be marching first in line since you know everything.
I know Ivan loves to eat it .Admit it.Free yourself. Enjoy the spoils of your misery.
Detective

Niagara Falls, NY

#59424 Mar 31, 2014
The Lancaster Leech can be detected by the Police Detective very easily right to his computer to uncover his 'hidden identity'.
Food

Niagara Falls, NY

#59425 Mar 31, 2014
anon wrote:
<quoted text>I know Ivan loves to eat it .Admit it.Free yourself. Enjoy the spoils of your misery.
you are full of hatred. keep your misery for yourself!
Just From Press

Niagara Falls, NY

#59426 Mar 31, 2014
The WNYC just published the best explanation of closing 10 schools in June.Pages 8 and 9 give the most detailed information about the whole process of closing those schools.
Opinion

Niagara Falls, NY

#59427 Mar 31, 2014
Petrus wrote:
Like any political group or large corporation, the DOB will always find it critical to protect its image. Much like the Communist Parties of yesteryear, it would rather destroy the single individual or single parish rather than allow someone to rock the boat by not being submissive to the party line or party boss. How far removed we must be from the intention of Our Savior. I can hardly believe that this is what Christ had in mind when he established a Church for the salvation of all, if indeed he really intended to establish a "Church.". Roman Catholicism became so institutionalized following Gregory the Great and the fall of the Roman Empire, that it no longer resembles what it was supposed to be: a community of love. This is what Christ intended - I believe - not an institution to divest her followers of money for the purpose of influence, power and wealth. Malone - knowingly or unknowingly - is so removed from his flock - that he can only see himself as a person of power and not a shepherd of souls. The outcome is a leader divested of compassion, mercy, prudence and often times common sense.
Ask the Lancaster Leech for his devious opinion!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newfoundland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thinking of moving to Newfoundland - help and a... (Jan '07) Jun 30 Quidi Vidi kid 85
News CODCO's Greg Malone to be recognized by ACTRA (Sep '15) Jun 25 Dying Smoker 2
JUSTIN TRUDEAU ! Already a World Statesman ! (Nov '15) Jun 25 Dying Smoker 2
News Moose beating remains a mystery (Aug '09) Jun 25 Dying Smoker 2
News Letter: Most-used libraries among those slated ... May '16 wabush-mines-clos... 1
News Ryan Snoddon: May 24th weekend is looking prett... May '16 Mother Nature 1
News Grant Tapper: charged with sexually assaulting ... (Aug '08) May '16 Sinja 65
More from around the web