Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 62239 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Innovation

Niagara Falls, NY

#59023 Mar 18, 2014
Mary of Magdala wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not believe I knew him but I have friends that are sad about his death. Are we missing something?
you are missing a lot! he was a very nice priest.
Anon

North Tonawanda, NY

#59024 Mar 18, 2014
Innovation wrote:
<quoted text> will he be joined by Fr. Glassmire, Fr. Corbin, and Fr. J. Mazur to this famous Krakow pilgrimage?
you think Mazur is gay too?
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#59025 Mar 18, 2014
Massar's obituary appeared in the Buffalo News after it had been pointed on this site that no obituary had yet appeared. I don't believe that is a co-incidence. 795 does watch what is being written on this blog.
Mary of Magdala

Marilla, NY

#59026 Mar 18, 2014
Innovation wrote:
<quoted text>you are missing a lot! he was a very nice priest.
I have come to understand that. However, I have something to say. Ready? The idea that people can come back at someone 7 years later after they screwed,(yes, THEY) everything up is offensive to me. I am not stupid nor am I naïve. I know more than most. To blame one person for 50 years of mismanagement is easy. This is especially true if they were part of the demise. You act like you own the joint. You spend money like drunken sailors. You don't contribute. Then you blame the priest? Then you get up in Church and whine? Not on my watch. As my Jewish friends say with their fingers, "Toi. Toi"
Mary of Magdala

Marilla, NY

#59027 Mar 18, 2014
MsgrBadski wrote:
Massar's obituary appeared in the Buffalo News after it had been pointed on this site that no obituary had yet appeared. I don't believe that is a co-incidence. 795 does watch what is being written on this blog.
Oh dear friend. This is Buffalo. Not the New York Times. It takes time. Nothing nefarious here.
Anonymous

United States

#59028 Mar 18, 2014
Poverty yes, poverty no … At the end of the papal retreat on the hills near Rome, the president of the Polish Episcopal Conference, Archbishop Pozna&#324; Stanis&#322;aw G&#261;decki, said that the bus used for transportation of the Pope and his entourage was “not a school bus” and the expenditures for security, lodging, etc. were not…Franciscan.
Jumping to Conclusions

Buffalo, NY

#59029 Mar 19, 2014
MsgrBadski wrote:
<quoted text> The only list is what appears on bishopaccountability. There are about 15 names that some people where able to get from Court documents. The diocese admits that here are closer to 65 or so names, but will not divulge them. This has led to rumors about Msgrs Whitney and Berg, and now Massar. some one should set the record straight/(Whitney and Berg were "retired" at the same time as Wood and a few others. who were removed for abuse.)
Father: you seem to jump to conclusions. Now that you know that Massar is indeed "in good standing," why don't you just relax. Its Lent. Time to go easy on your fellow priests. Stop fixating yourself on sex!
Funny

Buffalo, NY

#59030 Mar 19, 2014
twentysevenyears wrote:
<quoted text>I surmise one must be 50 years a priest in order for the leprechaun to see you off.
This was the funniest thing I've seen on here in months! I'm still laughing!!!
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#59031 Mar 19, 2014
What is all the skuttlebut I am hearing about The Pastor at St. Stan's, Buffalo?
Some of what is going around is not so nice.
Is he in trouble?
Really

Buffalo, NY

#59032 Mar 19, 2014
Who is he f*****g this time? Isn't that why he left his diocese in Poland?
Something New

Niagara Falls, NY

#59034 Mar 19, 2014
anonymous wrote:
What is all the skuttlebut I am hearing about The Pastor at St. Stan's, Buffalo?
Some of what is going around is not so nice.
Is he in trouble?
Is he involved with sex or money?
Something New

Niagara Falls, NY

#59035 Mar 19, 2014
Really wrote:
Who is he f*****g this time? Isn't that why he left his diocese in Poland?
Remember all those Colombian Seminarians!
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#59036 Mar 19, 2014
Something New wrote:
<quoted text>Is he involved with sex or money?
Maybe O. Ted is involved with both.
Ask the G's
Or better yet, just go to Corpus Christi, I am sure they will have a hay day with it.
They love talking about people, and eliminating people, and bowling and piwo! And they love cold church buildings, and bad liturgy, and poor music. WOW!
They will surely know everything about it.
Saint Joseph

Niagara Falls, NY

#59037 Mar 19, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe O. Ted is involved with both.
Ask the G's
Or better yet, just go to Corpus Christi, I am sure they will have a hay day with it.
They love talking about people, and eliminating people, and bowling and piwo! And they love cold church buildings, and bad liturgy, and poor music. WOW!
They will surely know everything about it.
The 'vestal virginal' Pauiline Fathers should follow St. Paul instead following their own emotions.
anon

Lancaster, NY

#59038 Mar 19, 2014
Saint Joseph wrote:
<quoted text> The 'vestal virginal' Pauiline Fathers should follow St. Paul instead following their own emotions.
I disagree Ivan.
Good

Niagara Falls, NY

#59039 Mar 19, 2014
Funny wrote:
<quoted text>
This was the funniest thing I've seen on here in months! I'm still laughing!!!
continue laughing!
Good

Niagara Falls, NY

#59040 Mar 19, 2014
MsgrBadski wrote:
No death notice for Dick Massar??? One Northeastern Archdiocese has just published guidelines for the funerals of credibly accused abuser priests. No announcement, The burial must take in a parish where the accused priest has never served. They are to be buried in vestments, with the usual honors accorded to priests At first sight, it would appear that Massar's funeral, wherever it takes place, falls within the guidelines. Is this part of a broader national policy among Catholic bishops? Massar an abuser? I am no saying that at all, What I am saying is that this is more fallout rom the DOB's refusal to enter an open and honest discussion on the identities of the abusers. Who is to blame? Mansell and Cunningham. I will pray fro Richard's soul, I remember his exemplary service along with that of Speilman and Wood. Around 65 or so abusers in the DOB and only 15 have been identified,largely through sources outside the diocesan administration. Can anyone clear up this mystery?
Read The Buffalo News!
Good

Niagara Falls, NY

#59041 Mar 19, 2014
Godsays mansays wrote:
<quoted text>You are all nuts on this forum.No wonder the catholic church is imploding.
really?
Saint Stan

Niagara Falls, NY

#59042 Mar 19, 2014
Monsignor Gammarelli wrote:
Eddie Grosz is celebrating a Mass for the deceased Polisg clergy at St Stan's on Sunday Nov. 18 at 3:00pm. All the Polish priests will be there to concelebrate. It would be grand if people would be there in force, especially the Polish people, to demand answers from their priests regarding why they did NOTHING to help the closing of parishes and ask them how they could remain silent company men! They'll all be in one place folks, and anyone with a backbone should be there to ask the tough questions and see how they can lie to your face! This Journey is exposing the truth about the clergy and sad as it is, they don't give a royal darn about the people as long as they live like Polish princes in their self made kingdoms and in their little castles!
Round the troops, folks, and carpe diem! Seize the day! You'll not have another opportunity like this!
sure, no more opportunities!
Saint Stan

Niagara Falls, NY

#59043 Mar 19, 2014
Pater Noster wrote:
What massive destruction. Beautiful churches will be lost to future generations! The patrimony of the diocese is being dismantled and sold off. Flourishing churches that have spent hundreds of thousands of dolalrs in the last few years are being closed! St. Mary's and Trinity in the Falls have been allowed to spend hundreds of thousands at each parish on renovation! The diocese allowed and approved these major expenditures and now they close these parishes? Something is terribly wrong in the Chancery! "Why sit we here idle?"
did they close them now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newfoundland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Community activities, meetings (Jul '09) Apr 21 Grandparent in Mi... 5
Thinking of moving to Newfoundland - help and a... (Jan '07) Apr 14 mella 89
News Food for Life distributes to eight Halton Hills... (Sep '15) Mar 31 bureaucratic-eh 3
News Drinking water workshop today in Gander Mar 29 need xpensive fil... 1
News Carbonear, Spaniard's Bay groups receive federa... Mar 29 Danny Williams 1
News O'Leary says Atlantic provinces rely too heavil... Mar 29 Ben 1
News St. John's rejects Kilbride seniors building (Nov '10) Mar 29 Ben 2
More from around the web