Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York. Full Story
FrFloydBarberCOM DS

Lancaster, NY

#58937 Mar 15, 2014
Where does the monies from the lawn fetes , bazzars, dinners, bingos,raffles and church picnics go. Does it end up in the hands of the HUT owners.
Beautul Article

Buffalo, NY

#58938 Mar 15, 2014
I would like to share this article for those who have an interest in promoting the positive happenings in our diocese. This story is of great credit to Father Michael Burzynski and the people of his parish. The parish has been flourishing with excitement since the relic shrine has been dedicated. There has been a growth in the parish thanks to the intercessions from Mary and the saints associated with these many relics.

http://exploringtheburnedoverdistrict.com/st-...
Mazzecone

Niagara Falls, NY

#58939 Mar 16, 2014
FrFloydBarberCOMDS wrote:
Where does the monies from the lawn fetes , bazzars, dinners, bingos,raffles and church picnics go. Does it end up in the hands of the HUT owners.
no comment?
Mazzecone

Niagara Falls, NY

#58940 Mar 16, 2014
Beautul Article wrote:
I would like to share this article for those who have an interest in promoting the positive happenings in our diocese. This story is of great credit to Father Michael Burzynski and the people of his parish. The parish has been flourishing with excitement since the relic shrine has been dedicated. There has been a growth in the parish thanks to the intercessions from Mary and the saints associated with these many relics.
http://exploringtheburnedoverdistrict.com/st-...
very nice! congratulations!
Mazzecone

Niagara Falls, NY

#58941 Mar 16, 2014
Msgr wrote:
<quoted text>
If this is true, Jacek should be made a monsignor by Pope Francis with a special dispensation for being younger than 65.
he already looks like being 65
Anonymous

United States

#58942 Mar 16, 2014
Funerals wrote:
<quoted text>
Some priests may do a song and dance and be well worth it when charging more for a funeral. Others may find it necessary to charge more because they own a home, and unlike living in a rectory on the parish dole, find they have to pay property tax, school tax; not to mention the cost of food and liquor is not cheap. Some priests of the DOB just steal it from their parish. And no, they don't go to confession or confess to embezzling their church. Others like Voorhees have arranged it for the parish to foot the bill for living expenses - and with the bishop's blessing, mind you! Here you have a perfectly fine rectory and the man doesn't live in it, but charges the parish an additional fee so that it covers his home in Orchard Park.
When the diocese does enforce its “Best Practices”, it approves the “Woorhees Practices”. Some priests have been removed for just being suspected of sexual abuse, while embezzlers have been promoted.
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

#58943 Mar 16, 2014
Weldgen had to take early retirement aft financial improprieties at his parish.(And where is the stellar priest's secretary today?)
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

#58944 Mar 16, 2014
Actually, being gay in the DOB presbyterate will probably merit you a promotion or at least preferential treatment.
Judge Judy

Niagara Falls, NY

#58945 Mar 16, 2014
MsgrBadski wrote:
Weldgen had to take early retirement aft financial improprieties at his parish.(And where is the stellar priest's secretary today?)
she must be hiding with him in his winter hut in Wheatfield.
Amherst Annie

Lancaster, NY

#58946 Mar 16, 2014
Oh well...Father David Glassmire's partying at his Amherst pad continues tonite....St. Patty's day party and the "Boytoy" as the first to arrive....and he will most likely spend the night. I thought the bishop was aware of this priest continuing a gay relationship with his "Boy Toy"....is the bishop allowing him to maintain a gay relationship and continue as a priest in Batavia? Poor parishioners of Batavia and poor Amherst neighbors. And i was just asked today to increase my Catholic Charities donation...Why so Fr. Dave can have more fun with his "Boy Toy"?
Judge Judy

Niagara Falls, NY

#58947 Mar 16, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
When the diocese does enforce its “Best Practices”, it approves the “Woorhees Practices”. Some priests have been removed for just being suspected of sexual abuse, while embezzlers have been promoted.
do you have any concrete evidence for your claim?
Judge Judy

Niagara Falls, NY

#58948 Mar 16, 2014
MsgrBadski wrote:
Actually, being gay in the DOB presbyterate will probably merit you a promotion or at least preferential treatment.
do you have any proof for this?
Info

Niagara Falls, NY

#58949 Mar 16, 2014
Cardinal George is seriously ill.
Info

Niagara Falls, NY

#58950 Mar 16, 2014
Archb. Neustadt is cleared of sexual problems.
Info

Niagara Falls, NY

#58951 Mar 16, 2014
What is going on about the St. Bernadette's School and the Bishop?
Info

Niagara Falls, NY

#58952 Mar 16, 2014
Nobody visited Fr. Massar from the Chancery before he died on March 14, 2014 in South Buffalo Mercy Hospital.
Info

Niagara Falls, NY

#58953 Mar 16, 2014
Amherst Annie wrote:
Oh well...Father David Glassmire's partying at his Amherst pad continues tonite....St. Patty's day party and the "Boytoy" as the first to arrive....and he will most likely spend the night. I thought the bishop was aware of this priest continuing a gay relationship with his "Boy Toy"....is the bishop allowing him to maintain a gay relationship and continue as a priest in Batavia? Poor parishioners of Batavia and poor Amherst neighbors. And i was just asked today to increase my Catholic Charities donation...Why so Fr. Dave can have more fun with his "Boy Toy"?
what is this all about?
Anonymous

United States

#58954 Mar 16, 2014
Info wrote:
Now SNAP says that from the beginning they thought there was nothing to it.
anon

Lancaster, NY

#58955 Mar 16, 2014
Amherst Annie wrote:
Were you at at the Kings-gate party. Interesting what goes on.
Bald Guy

Lancaster, NY

#58956 Mar 16, 2014
Info wrote:
Info=Service=Ivan

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newfoundland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where can you find a good prostitute in St. Joh... (Dec '06) Oct 21 hardon22 67
Outdoor education: ELA could find niche as high... Oct 20 convenient for BI... 1
2nd potato in Atlantic Canada with metal object... Oct 16 HUB 2
Episcopal parishes on Staten Island to hold mem... Oct 15 RevKen 1
New mural a point of pride in North End Oct 3 chugs are POS 7
First national study sheds new light on sex wor... Sep '14 Canada Big High S... 2
Town signs Community Covenant-first in Ontario,... Sep '14 Conception Bay So... 2

Newfoundland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE