Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 62094 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#58943 Mar 16, 2014
Weldgen had to take early retirement aft financial improprieties at his parish.(And where is the stellar priest's secretary today?)
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#58944 Mar 16, 2014
Actually, being gay in the DOB presbyterate will probably merit you a promotion or at least preferential treatment.
Judge Judy

Niagara Falls, NY

#58945 Mar 16, 2014
MsgrBadski wrote:
Weldgen had to take early retirement aft financial improprieties at his parish.(And where is the stellar priest's secretary today?)
she must be hiding with him in his winter hut in Wheatfield.
Amherst Annie

Buffalo, NY

#58946 Mar 16, 2014
Oh well...Father David Glassmire's partying at his Amherst pad continues tonite....St. Patty's day party and the "Boytoy" as the first to arrive....and he will most likely spend the night. I thought the bishop was aware of this priest continuing a gay relationship with his "Boy Toy"....is the bishop allowing him to maintain a gay relationship and continue as a priest in Batavia? Poor parishioners of Batavia and poor Amherst neighbors. And i was just asked today to increase my Catholic Charities donation...Why so Fr. Dave can have more fun with his "Boy Toy"?
Judge Judy

Niagara Falls, NY

#58947 Mar 16, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
When the diocese does enforce its “Best Practices”, it approves the “Woorhees Practices”. Some priests have been removed for just being suspected of sexual abuse, while embezzlers have been promoted.
do you have any concrete evidence for your claim?
Judge Judy

Niagara Falls, NY

#58948 Mar 16, 2014
MsgrBadski wrote:
Actually, being gay in the DOB presbyterate will probably merit you a promotion or at least preferential treatment.
do you have any proof for this?
Info

Niagara Falls, NY

#58949 Mar 16, 2014
Cardinal George is seriously ill.
Info

Niagara Falls, NY

#58950 Mar 16, 2014
Archb. Neustadt is cleared of sexual problems.
Info

Niagara Falls, NY

#58951 Mar 16, 2014
What is going on about the St. Bernadette's School and the Bishop?
Info

Niagara Falls, NY

#58952 Mar 16, 2014
Nobody visited Fr. Massar from the Chancery before he died on March 14, 2014 in South Buffalo Mercy Hospital.
Info

Niagara Falls, NY

#58953 Mar 16, 2014
Amherst Annie wrote:
Oh well...Father David Glassmire's partying at his Amherst pad continues tonite....St. Patty's day party and the "Boytoy" as the first to arrive....and he will most likely spend the night. I thought the bishop was aware of this priest continuing a gay relationship with his "Boy Toy"....is the bishop allowing him to maintain a gay relationship and continue as a priest in Batavia? Poor parishioners of Batavia and poor Amherst neighbors. And i was just asked today to increase my Catholic Charities donation...Why so Fr. Dave can have more fun with his "Boy Toy"?
what is this all about?
Anonymous

United States

#58954 Mar 16, 2014
Info wrote:
Now SNAP says that from the beginning they thought there was nothing to it.
anon

Lancaster, NY

#58955 Mar 16, 2014
Amherst Annie wrote:
Were you at at the Kings-gate party. Interesting what goes on.
Bald Guy

Lancaster, NY

#58956 Mar 16, 2014
Info wrote:
Info=Service=Ivan
Anonymous

United States

#58957 Mar 16, 2014
Judge Judy wrote:
<quoted text> do you have any concrete evidence for your claim?
Ask the chancery
Anom

Buffalo, NY

#58958 Mar 16, 2014
MsgrBadski wrote:
<quoted text> Msgr. Gallivan is one of the hardest working priests in the diocese of Buffalo and definitely deserves a vacation. Art smith has really been treated harshly and unjustly by several individuals. He deserves better. I hope he gets well soon.
Msgr. Gallivan was filling in at a parish in Fla. while a priest was out ill..
Macri

Niagara Falls, NY

#58959 Mar 17, 2014
How much does a priest charge a funeral mass?
Macri

Niagara Falls, NY

#58960 Mar 17, 2014
St. Patrick is waiting everyone today for his celebration.
Macri

Niagara Falls, NY

#58961 Mar 17, 2014
After closings 10 schools, will the bishop close additional churches in some areas of the diocese?
Macri

Niagara Falls, NY

#58962 Mar 17, 2014
Amherst Annie wrote:
What is this all about?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newfoundland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trudeau to watch Canadian 9/11-inspired musical... Mar 16 what Fluffy doing... 1
News Gander council aiming to ban Christmas advertis... Mar 8 where will it end 3 2
News Gander council aiming to ban Christmas advertis... Mar 8 where will it end 2 1
News In the wake of declining stock, Gillett urges n... Mar 7 we the little pee... 1
News The Thursday news briefing: An at-a-glance surv... Mar 3 Dateless LAVAL Po... 2
News St. John's United to host Hymns for Haiti (Jan '10) Feb 28 do they know 4
News Projects promoting safe and caring schools thro... Feb 25 Atlantic 2016 1
More from around the web