Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York. Full Story
Center Street

Niagara Falls, NY

#58916 Mar 15, 2014
Where is Fr. Zuffoletto now living? We miss him a lot! However, the new pastor is also very nice.
Center Street

Niagara Falls, NY

#58917 Mar 15, 2014
Our school remained open for another year. Good!
KnightsofColumbu s

Niagara Falls, NY

#58918 Mar 15, 2014
Questions wrote:
<quoted text>
Fr. Michael left a debt of around $400,000. How was it that that kind of financial mismanagement was allowed to happen over a period of several years? Why didn't the diocese step in when such financial improprieties where happening over several years? All Fr. Michael did was blame the deacon for all the financial problems our parish was having. Was Fr. stealing the money to support his alcohol problem or his many vacations or his home? Also, why were there so many families listed as belonging to the parish and now the new pastor lists about half as many. Did all those people leave or did Fr. Michael seriously inflate the numbers to make himself look good? Well Judge Judy, what is the verdict???
Fr. Mike was a great priest. We Knights met at his place without any problem until this new priest arrived. Doors were locked, and we were practically kicked out. Most of us left even his parish, and went to other parishes.This new priest lost number of people due to his personality behavior. Let him pay off that debt from his own pocket!
Former Parishioner

Niagara Falls, NY

#58919 Mar 15, 2014
Questions wrote:
<quoted text>
Fr. Michael left a debt of around $400,000. How was it that that kind of financial mismanagement was allowed to happen over a period of several years? Why didn't the diocese step in when such financial improprieties where happening over several years? All Fr. Michael did was blame the deacon for all the financial problems our parish was having. Was Fr. stealing the money to support his alcohol problem or his many vacations or his home? Also, why were there so many families listed as belonging to the parish and now the new pastor lists about half as many. Did all those people leave or did Fr. Michael seriously inflate the numbers to make himself look good? Well Judge Judy, what is the verdict???
Fr. Mike is not an alcoholic. He did not steal any money! Fr. Mike was a very dedicated priest. With this new one, there is a questions, and big one! He is a mystery to many of us who left the parish.
Polonia

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#58920 Mar 15, 2014
KnightsofColumbus wrote:
<quoted text>Fr. Mike was a great priest. We Knights met at his place without any problem until this new priest arrived. Doors were locked, and we were practically kicked out. Most of us left even his parish, and went to other parishes.This new priest lost number of people due to his personality behavior. Let him pay off that debt from his own pocket!
And priests from Poland will save the Catholic Church.
Knights of Columbus

Buffalo, NY

#58921 Mar 15, 2014
KnightsofColumbus wrote:
<quoted text>Fr. Mike was a great priest. We Knights met at his place without any problem until this new priest arrived. Doors were locked, and we were practically kicked out. Most of us left even his parish, and went to other parishes.This new priest lost number of people due to his personality behavior. Let him pay off that debt from his own pocket!
Most Knights of Columbus groups are nothing more than drinking gatherings. No wonder why they were always welcomed with Fr. Michael. I can't help but think of the skits on Saturday Night Live depicting all the guys getting together and drinking at their Knights of Columbus meetings. Funny, but true! I think Fr. Jacek is doing everything he can to stabilize the finances of the parish. God knows it will take time since $400,000 is a lot of money.
Anonymous

United States

#58922 Mar 15, 2014
Polonia wrote:
<quoted text> And priests from Poland will save the Catholic Church.
and make the Catholic church Polish
like the Irish priests made it Irish
Service

Lancaster, NY

#58923 Mar 15, 2014
Anyone having a Saint Patricks Day hut party I should know about..Let me know what I can bring.
Knights of Columbus

Niagara Falls, NY

#58924 Mar 15, 2014
Knights of Columbus wrote:
<quoted text>
Most Knights of Columbus groups are nothing more than drinking gatherings. No wonder why they were always welcomed with Fr. Michael. I can't help but think of the skits on Saturday Night Live depicting all the guys getting together and drinking at their Knights of Columbus meetings. Funny, but true! I think Fr. Jacek is doing everything he can to stabilize the finances of the parish. God knows it will take time since $400,000 is a lot of money.
Fr. Michael was a fine priest. We loved him all! While this Jacek created more problems than he can swallow it, He will never pay that debt since number of people deserted his parish. Good luck!
Knights of Columbus

Niagara Falls, NY

#58925 Mar 15, 2014
Service wrote:
Anyone having a Saint Patricks Day hut party I should know about..Let me know what I can bring.
you can bring some green Irish balls!
Knights of Columbus

Niagara Falls, NY

#58926 Mar 15, 2014
Polonia wrote:
<quoted text> And priests from Poland will save the Catholic Church.
really?
Anon

North Tonawanda, NY

#58927 Mar 15, 2014
<quoted text>Fr. Michael was a fine priest. We loved him all! While this Jacek created more problems than he can swallow it, He will never pay that debt since number of people deserted his parish. Good luck!
he already paid off this debt- how about that?st Mary is debt free because of him and his administration!
Knights of Columbus

Niagara Falls, NY

#58928 Mar 15, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>he already paid off this debt- how about that?st Mary is debt free because of him and his administration!
is that another lie? manipulation of public? what is it?
Anon

North Tonawanda, NY

#58930 Mar 15, 2014
<quoted text> is that another lie? manipulation of public? what is it?
no, paid it off a year ago, it's not a lie or manipulation just good administration
Msgr

Tampa, FL

#58931 Mar 15, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>no, paid it off a year ago, it's not a lie or manipulation just good administration
If this is true, Jacek should be made a monsignor by Pope Francis with a special dispensation for being younger than 65.
Knights of Columbus

Niagara Falls, NY

#58932 Mar 15, 2014
Msgr wrote:
<quoted text>
If this is true, Jacek should be made a monsignor by Pope Francis with a special dispensation for being younger than 65.
we will all flock to Rome for his monsignori title. when is it? give me the date!
Knights of Columbus

Niagara Falls, NY

#58933 Mar 15, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>no, paid it off a year ago, it's not a lie or manipulation just good administration
paid off by another lie!
Justsayin

Lancaster, NY

#58934 Mar 15, 2014
<quoted text>we will all flock to Rome for his monsignori title. when is it? give me the date!
Why dont we just all flock to the falls to see you and Service go over it in a barrel.You will both fit seeing that you are one in the same.
Knights of Columbus

Niagara Falls, NY

#58935 Mar 15, 2014
Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>Why dont we just all flock to the falls to see you and Service go over it in a barrel.You will both fit seeing that you are one in the same.
you can go to Rome in a barrel over the Atlantic to become 'famous'.
Igor

Lancaster, NY

#58936 Mar 15, 2014
Pray for Ukraine vote

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newfoundland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Facts on candidates for leadership of Newfoundl... Sep 10 birds of some fea... 1
Faith groups gather in Oakville to promote peace Sep 8 good luck 1
Where can you find a good prostitute in St. Joh... (Dec '06) Sep 8 Alex 66
Swinger Groups Sep 8 Curious Couple 1
Lung Cancer Smoke Screen (Jun '09) Aug 31 meverett 29
Time to move on from feud with Harper and MacKa... Aug '14 Mac 1
Reiko Okamoto Organ Concert, August 14, 2014, 7... Aug '14 Switches 8
•••

Newfoundland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••