Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 59832 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58738 Mar 4, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>This is the church and this is the steeple. Open the doors and see all the people.
You mean at St. Ann's! Almost totally empty of people.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58739 Mar 4, 2014
Mary of Magdala wrote:
Tom Yots, executive director of PBN, leveraged his long time relationship with the spokesman of the Diocese, Kevin Keenan to discuss saving the church.“We’re at this point because Tom picked up the phone and got in touch with me,” said Keenan,“Tom got in touch with me last Wednesday and the following day we had a meeting with the Bishop to discuss pursing reuse options.”
Where exactly do you people fit in to this equation? Hey you, with the fake name, I have just as much right to post as you do. Remember that.
Tom Yots is only creating more problems instead of helping the diocese with his socalled 'preservation committee.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58740 Mar 4, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right. The Church is the people. That’s why my uncle used to say,“I only go to church when there are no priests and no people.”
Really? Is that how some get excited about 'divine mercy' experience with mythical flavor by running all around the world?
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58741 Mar 4, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Fr. Anzelm used to say that.
Too bad, now the Church looks like a war zone. Can't anyone clean up from that fire in the front of the Rectory, and Can't anyone clean up in the Church. It is bad enough the neighbors take poor care of their property, but thy should set an example. Oh that's right, open the doors and see no people. How sad things have turned out for Corpus Christi.
They do not care about the neighborhood, or the liturgy, and they have bad music. The Church is ice cold inside and it is no wonder no one goes there anymore.
So, his 'divine prophesy' did not save Corpus Christi Church! He should have gone on 'divine pilgrimage' to learn more about his inner life!
anonymous

Lancaster, NY

#58742 Mar 4, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>Is that a 'dirty' word? What does it mean? Can you give some explanation, please!
You can watch it on You Tube or read the story online with your computer. You know ,that worldly possesion the Pope wants yoiu to part with.
anonymous

Lancaster, NY

#58743 Mar 4, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>Place a call and we can see it!
Maybe you will give up posting on this forum for Lent.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58744 Mar 4, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you will give up posting on this forum for Lent.
you personally need many instruction during Lent.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58745 Mar 4, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>You can watch it on You Tube or read the story online with your computer. You know ,that worldly possesion the Pope wants yoiu to part with.
I personally have no worldly possessions. My bank account is very meager.
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#58746 Mar 4, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>So, his 'divine prophesy' did not save Corpus Christi Church! He should have gone on 'divine pilgrimage' to learn more about his inner life!
At the time Fr. Anzelm saved Corpus Christi, Now it is failing big time. I really think the people in charge are their own worst enemies.
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

#58747 Mar 4, 2014
Congratulations. Bishop Malone is the proud owner of a Labrador.
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

#58748 Mar 4, 2014
A Prayer for Lent from the Byzantine tradition.(Prayer of St. Ephrem) "O Lord and Master of my life grant that I not be infected with the spirit of slothfulness and inquisitiveness and vain talking. Grant, instead, to me your servant, the spirit of purity and humility, of patience and brotherly love O Lord and King grant me grace of being aware of my sins, and not thinking evil of those of my brethren, for You are blessed, now and ever, and forever. Amen." (recited through out Lent in the Byzantine Catholic and Eastern Orthodox churches.) Ephrem seems to have been a Nestorian, what we would today call a Chaldean or Assyrian.
Service Me

Buffalo, NY

#58749 Mar 4, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>There is no envy at all, but rather, following what Pope Francis is saying to all: sell your properties and give it to the poor! That bother you enormously since you cannot extricate yourself from material possession. You are entrenched in it 100% per cent .Follow the Pope!
If you really are following what Pope Francis is saying, then sell your computer, and give the money to the poor.
Service

Buffalo, NY

#58750 Mar 4, 2014
Some of you might already know this, but I am a lunatic.
You might say that I'm not right in the head.
They say that the first step is admitting it.
Service

Buffalo, NY

#58751 Mar 4, 2014
I like to tell people what to do, but I don't do it myself.
Service

Buffalo, NY

#58752 Mar 4, 2014
I spew things off of the top of my head, but have no knowledge of what I'm talking about.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58753 Mar 4, 2014
Service wrote:
I spew things off of the top of my head, but have no knowledge of what I'm talking about.
That is exactly what you are doing, sir!
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58754 Mar 4, 2014
Service wrote:
Some of you might already know this, but I am a lunatic.
You might say that I'm not right in the head.
They say that the first step is admitting it.
You act like Putin, pretending to be crazy!
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58755 Mar 4, 2014
Service Me wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really are following what Pope Francis is saying, then sell your computer, and give the money to the poor.
We need a computer to teach you how to manage moneys and possessions!
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58756 Mar 4, 2014
MsgrBadski wrote:
Congratulations. Bishop Malone is the proud owner of a Labrador.
That Labrador does not like Ryszard, but he likes the Bishop and Litwin.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58757 Mar 4, 2014
Service wrote:
I like to tell people what to do, but I don't do it myself.
you need a dog and many birds.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newfoundland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Faroese man charged in air rage case (Jun '10) Jul 1 YoyoMoFo 2
News Red Deer accommodating growing Filipino community Jun 30 Phillip Eans 1
News Winnipeg's parks -- spring into them (Apr '13) Jun 24 JUSTIN TRUDEAU 9
News St. John's United to host Hymns for Haiti (Jan '10) Jun 21 now Nepal 3
News RCMP 'inept, outdated,' Cummins says (Nov '11) Jun 17 Mike 5
News Hamilton, Thunder Bay had most hate crime in Ca... Jun 10 Medewiwin 1
Where can you find a good prostitute in St. Joh... (Dec '06) Jun 6 Solo 111
More from around the web