Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York. Full Story
ANON

Buffalo, NY

#58717 Mar 2, 2014
Saint Ann wrote:
I too have worked with Saint Anns people. Not a good scene at all. Why would they let the church fall a part and only wait to the last minute to do anything about it!
What exactly is falling apart? Where are the second third and fourth estimates on the building repairs? We know how the diocese follows its own best practices policy. What is the cost of demolition? Who is supposed to pay it? Who paid for St. Barbara's demolition?
Power

Buffalo, NY

#58718 Mar 2, 2014
Mary of Magdala wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! They want a hand out. Period. If the Church is in bad shape, it is not the fault of the Diocese, it is the fault of the people. I hate to bring this up but does not the word Church mean people? I guess they did not get the memo.
Sorry Mary but whoever you are , you're a fool and a fraud not even good enough to live up to your name, because the ladies of the night are usually honest. If the church means people why are they being abused by the ones that are supposed to help them, and I'm not just talking about St. Ann.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#58719 Mar 2, 2014
Cashapaloozza wrote:
<quoted text>When the DOB tells us it's not about the money. Guess what!. It's all about the money.!
It's ALWAYS about the money!
Mary of Magdala

Buffalo, NY

#58720 Mar 2, 2014
Power wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Mary but whoever you are , you're a fool and a fraud not even good enough to live up to your name, because the ladies of the night are usually honest. If the church means people why are they being abused by the ones that are supposed to help them, and I'm not just talking about St. Ann.
First, Mary of Magdala was NOT a lady of the night.
Second, If you knew anything about the Church, you would know the people are the Church.(duh...8th Grade Religion)
Third, The Church is what you make of it. I will never believe anything else. Does it need tweaking? Sure. Is it perfect? No. However, a building is not as important as the people that believe.
Fourth, If you are not a kid, you should know better.
Finally, Who are you to tell me, if I may be so rude?
Emslie

Buffalo, NY

#58721 Mar 2, 2014
Mary of Magdala wrote:
Tom Yots, executive director of PBN, leveraged his long time relationship with the spokesman of the Diocese, Kevin Keenan to discuss saving the church.“We’re at this point because Tom picked up the phone and got in touch with me,” said Keenan,“Tom got in touch with me last Wednesday and the following day we had a meeting with the Bishop to discuss pursing reuse options.”
Where exactly do you people fit in to this equation? Hey you, with the fake name, I have just as much right to post as you do. Remember that.
So, Keenan can resolve matters over the phone with the PBN but not the parishioners? What a joke. The number for St. Ann's is listed in the phone book if he ever wants to talk, I'm sure they'd oblige.

Mary, would you please provide a canonically legal reason which the bishop can cite for wanting to close St. Ann's??
Parishioner

Niagara Falls, NY

#58722 Mar 2, 2014
Disservice wrote:
<quoted text>Service, you are doing a great disservice to the Bishop by gossiping and muddying the waters of his term of service.
That is exactly what you are you doing with your most snicky comments.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58723 Mar 2, 2014
Disservice wrote:
<quoted text>Service, you are doing a great disservice to the Bishop by gossiping and muddying the waters of his term of service.
Give me a call so we can find the right answers if you are so 'smart!' You crook! Go and have a bath in you swimming pool! Put another wooden fence around your summer hut so nobody can see anything what is going on!
Muse

Buffalo, NY

#58724 Mar 3, 2014
Saint Ann wrote:
I too have worked with Saint Anns people. Not a good scene at all. Why would they let the church fall a part and only wait to the last minute to do anything about it!
Try all you want but you can not use St. Ann to win one for the Bishop's team because they lost the game years ago and they know that nobody believes them even if people pretend.They have all been with us too long But Oh Baby!! DO they ever hate to say good bye and they DO they ever hate to go . But they most righteously should and do us all a big favor.
Anonymous

United States

#58725 Mar 3, 2014
Mary of Magdala wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Church is in bad shape, it is not the fault of the Diocese, it is the fault of the people. I hate to bring this up but does not the word Church mean people? I guess they did not get the memo.
You are right. The Church is the people. That’s why my uncle used to say,“I only go to church when there are no priests and no people.”
anonymous

Lancaster, NY

#58726 Mar 3, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right. The Church is the people. That’s why my uncle used to say,“I only go to church when there are no priests and no people.”
This is the church and this is the steeple. Open the doors and see all the people.
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#58727 Mar 3, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>This is the church and this is the steeple. Open the doors and see all the people.
Fr. Anzelm used to say that.
Too bad, now the Church looks like a war zone. Can't anyone clean up from that fire in the front of the Rectory, and Can't anyone clean up in the Church. It is bad enough the neighbors take poor care of their property, but thy should set an example. Oh that's right, open the doors and see no people. How sad things have turned out for Corpus Christi.
They do not care about the neighborhood, or the liturgy, and they have bad music. The Church is ice cold inside and it is no wonder no one goes there anymore.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#58728 Mar 3, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Fr. Anzelm used to say that.
Too bad, now the Church looks like a war zone. Can't anyone clean up from that fire in the front of the Rectory, and Can't anyone clean up in the Church. It is bad enough the neighbors take poor care of their property, but thy should set an example. Oh that's right, open the doors and see no people. How sad things have turned out for Corpus Christi.
They do not care about the neighborhood, or the liturgy, and they have bad music. The Church is ice cold inside and it is no wonder no one goes there anymore.
Should we hope and pray that you might experience a fire in the middle of the coldest winter and wait for insurances and contractors to see how long it takes. I think you should care about the neighborhood since you are so brilliant you could improve immediately. Are you on the evangelization committee or the demolition committee?
Disservice

Lancaster, NY

#58729 Mar 3, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>Give me a call so we can find the right answers if you are so 'smart!' You crook! Go and have a bath in you swimming pool! Put another wooden fence around your summer hut so nobody can see anything what is going on!
You have HUT ENVY.Get over it. Period!
anonymoose

Lancaster, NY

#58730 Mar 3, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>Give me a call so we can find the right answers if you are so 'smart!' You crook! Go and have a bath in you swimming pool! Put another wooden fence around your summer hut so nobody can see anything what is going on!
Did you get your back washed at the spa.? Did you enjoy it ?
Disservice

Lancaster, NY

#58732 Mar 3, 2014
Parishioner wrote:
<quoted text>That is exactly what you are you doing with your most snicky comments.
You must be Service secretary because the post is from the same address.
anonymous

Lancaster, NY

#58733 Mar 3, 2014
The Pope said a bad word today. Cazzo. OMG LMAO.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58734 Mar 4, 2014
Disservice wrote:
<quoted text>You have HUT ENVY.Get over it. Period!
There is no envy at all, but rather, following what Pope Francis is saying to all: sell your properties and give it to the poor! That bother you enormously since you cannot extricate yourself from material possession. You are entrenched in it 100% per cent .Follow the Pope!
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58735 Mar 4, 2014
Disservice wrote:
<quoted text>You must be Service secretary because the post is from the same address.
Place a call and we can see it!
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58736 Mar 4, 2014
anonymoose wrote:
<quoted text>Did you get your back washed at the spa.? Did you enjoy it ?
I have no spa. Only 'rich middleage priest' has a spa which is unused in winter months .I take shower in my house!
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58737 Mar 4, 2014
anonymous wrote:
The Pope said a bad word today. Cazzo. OMG LMAO.
Is that a 'dirty' word? What does it mean? Can you give some explanation, please!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newfoundland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ice conditions in Cabot Strait worst in three d... 22 hr more 1
Acton Public Library Presents Key Chain Collect... 22 hr meanwhile 1
Where can you find a good prostitute in St. Joh... (Dec '06) Feb 23 Jumah 83
Land & Sea archival extra: Five Islands 1984 Feb 17 freethinkradio do... 1
Lung Cancer Smoke Screen (Jun '09) Feb 10 sakshi11 30
Supplement industry under fire Feb 9 dot 1
Bus carrying children flips on wet highway in c... Feb 8 take care out there 1
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:28 am PST