Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 62723 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#58578 Feb 24, 2014
Smart Pastor wrote:
<quoted text> I really hope so. Those priests really care about their parishioners and know the eventual outcome and the future of the church in general. They're probably being pressured by their parish also. I'm hearing die hard old timer Catholics say they are going to leave the faith. At the very least give no money. I really wish the Bishop could admit to mistakes if their were any. If their weren't then explain himself. I think this go around is affecting people big time. The reason is that the last closing Kmiec did was closer to the mark. Although not with some surprises. This round isn't making any sense. Go Council Of Priests!!!!
Does Sister Destructo still control the Council?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#58579 Feb 24, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Does Sister Destructo still control the Council?
What will she do if she can no longer close churches?
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58580 Feb 24, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
What will she do if she can no longer close churches?
She will supervise you and your work.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58581 Feb 24, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Does Sister Destructo still control the Council?
She is not controlling the Council, but only advising the Council.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58582 Feb 24, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text> So you don't like the idea of a neutral person overseeing the spending of parish money? That will be about a 20 minute drive to Youngstown each Mass.
'neutral person'? you must be kidding!
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58583 Feb 24, 2014
Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.buffalonews.com/life-arts/religion...
Our pastor may have said Vatican, but I thought he said the pope too. Not positive, because there's no instant replay, but the message was clear: Bishop Malone is not closing churches. The precedent has been set with the Vatican ruling in favor of St. Ann's and the bishop is a quick learner
This case with St. Ann is not yet definitive!
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58584 Feb 24, 2014
Anom wrote:
<quoted text>You are sick. Why can't a priest own a piece of property. Would you like to live in a rectory where people work and other people come in and out all day. Where are you going to live when you retire?
follow the Pope you sicko!
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58585 Feb 24, 2014
Anom wrote:
<quoted text> Go to the dmv and tell us how many of these cars. I bet there are not four priest with these cars.
really?
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58586 Feb 24, 2014
Anom wrote:
<quoted text> So a priest goes to Disney, why so you care?
how many times does someone have to visit Disney? Is that a 'pilgrimage site'?
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58587 Feb 24, 2014
St Ann will eventually close anyway! Mark my words!
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58588 Feb 24, 2014
Will Paul Seil going to appeal to Rome his case? Is he planning to open a personal kitchen in the Vatican with his specialities? What about his diet?
Anonymous

United States

#58589 Feb 24, 2014
Service wrote:
St Ann will eventually close anyway! Mark my words!
And years later Buffalonians will regret it, just as they are now regretting the demolition of many landmarks. Mark my words!
Mary of Magdala

Marilla, NY

#58590 Feb 24, 2014
"But the Vatican’s Congregation for the Clergy, in a recent ruling on an appeal by St. Ann parishioners, has made it clear that repairs of up to $12 million are not a good enough reason for the building to be demolished or converted into something other than a Catholic church." (BN)
Hope you all have a ton of money somewhere. It says nothing about the diocese helping or even getting involved. You need to pay closer attention to Vatican speak!
anonymous

Lancaster, NY

#58591 Feb 24, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>follow the Pope you sicko!
Follow the Commandments you jealous fool. Worry about your poor soul and not how someones owning a house is eating at your pitiful self.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#58592 Feb 24, 2014
Mary of Magdala wrote:
"But the Vatican’s Congregation for the Clergy, in a recent ruling on an appeal by St. Ann parishioners, has made it clear that repairs of up to $12 million are not a good enough reason for the building to be demolished or converted into something other than a Catholic church." (BN)
Hope you all have a ton of money somewhere. It says nothing about the diocese helping or even getting involved. You need to pay closer attention to Vatican speak!
Say What ?.. Only a fool would believe those numbers from diocesan insiders. Only fools believe anything the diocese says anyway. Nessary repairs may be done in stages , like one hip replacement at a time but if you are too old you don't need any hips at all. Give the people a chance , if they fail you will all be happy so whats your problem . You are all too lazy to work on a difficult problem so what's it to you.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#58593 Feb 24, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
And years later Buffalonians will regret it, just as they are now regretting the demolition of many landmarks. Mark my words!
Most of the Buffalonians of today are too dumb and tasteless to appreciate anything of great beauty that was built for them in the past. Look at what they have built in the past 50 years. Any famous church architect worthy of mention? So people are restoring the old stuff before it's all gone . When they stop building all the new apartments and lofts in the city maybe one or two people will go to a Catholic church. WHAT IS that evangelization committee doing? Trying to get somebody through the door so they can be thrown out the window?
Canon

Buffalo, NY

#58594 Feb 24, 2014
Service wrote:
text>Is Fr. Seil going to be suspended for his disobedience and word changing in Bishop's letter? What is going on with this disobedient priest?
To disagree is not the same as disobey. He needs a lawyer if he is harrassed and or coerced into something.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58595 Feb 24, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Follow the Commandments you jealous fool. Worry about your poor soul and not how someones owning a house is eating at your pitiful self.
you are a jealous fool, sir!
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58596 Feb 24, 2014
Canon wrote:
<quoted text>
To disagree is not the same as disobey. He needs a lawyer if he is harrassed and or coerced into something.
Seil needs suspension!
Gay Ministry

Buffalo, NY

#58597 Feb 24, 2014
Word is out that Fr. Leon is starting a ministry at St. Greg's for rich suburban gays.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newfoundland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thinking of moving to Newfoundland - help and a... (Jan '07) Nov 12 Anonymous 91
News Toronto ranked 10th best city for women in Cana... Nov '17 Love Machine 3
News N.L. man gets life sentence for murder in Ontario Oct '17 NFLD 1
News Newfoundland to allow switch to gender-neutral ... Sep '17 Capt Craig 1
News DeJaynes ~ Jenssen (Jun '13) Sep '17 FindItDennis 5
News Food for Life distributes to eight Halton Hills... (Sep '15) Aug '17 organic eh 4
News St. John's volunteer, activist Susan Shriner pa... Jul '17 Donna Barrett 1
More from around the web