Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

Full story: WGRZ Buffalo

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.
Comments
56,801 - 56,820 of 58,544 Comments Last updated 17 hrs ago
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

Smart Pastor wrote:
<quoted text> I really hope so. Those priests really care about their parishioners and know the eventual outcome and the future of the church in general. They're probably being pressured by their parish also. I'm hearing die hard old timer Catholics say they are going to leave the faith. At the very least give no money. I really wish the Bishop could admit to mistakes if their were any. If their weren't then explain himself. I think this go around is affecting people big time. The reason is that the last closing Kmiec did was closer to the mark. Although not with some surprises. This round isn't making any sense. Go Council Of Priests!!!!
Council of Priests is ONLY a consultative/advisory body, and nothing else!
Anom

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

Service wrote:
anyone going soon to Disneyland in Florida? for 'spiritual revitalization'?
So a priest goes to Disney, why so you care?
Anom

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Service wrote:
<quoted text>The pope has a popemobile, The bishop has a bishopmobile. Why cant a hard working priest enjoy the spoils of life and drive a Lexus, BMW, Mercedes or Cadillac.
Go to the dmv and tell us how many of these cars. I bet there are not four priest with these cars.
Anom

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

Service wrote:
<quoted text>number of priests have their cottages by the lakes:Erie and Ontario. what is you obsession with?some have apartments, and some condos, even in Florida as you can read on these blogs. I do not need any invitation by anyone, sir!
You are sick. Why can't a priest own a piece of property. Would you like to live in a rectory where people work and other people come in and out all day. Where are you going to live when you retire?
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Watson wrote:
<quoted text>
There WAS a 7-paragraph letter from the Bishop in our bulletin today, but it contained no mention of the Holy Father forbidding further church closings. Where did Fr. hear this??
http://www.buffalonews.com/life-arts/religion...
Our pastor may have said Vatican, but I thought he said the pope too. Not positive, because there's no instant replay, but the message was clear: Bishop Malone is not closing churches. The precedent has been set with the Vatican ruling in favor of St. Ann's and the bishop is a quick learner
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2014

Service wrote:
<quoted text>This is a wishful hoping for you, sir!
So you don't like the idea of a neutral person overseeing the spending of parish money? That will be about a 20 minute drive to Youngstown each Mass.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2014

Smart Pastor wrote:
<quoted text> I really hope so. Those priests really care about their parishioners and know the eventual outcome and the future of the church in general. They're probably being pressured by their parish also. I'm hearing die hard old timer Catholics say they are going to leave the faith. At the very least give no money. I really wish the Bishop could admit to mistakes if their were any. If their weren't then explain himself. I think this go around is affecting people big time. The reason is that the last closing Kmiec did was closer to the mark. Although not with some surprises. This round isn't making any sense. Go Council Of Priests!!!!
Does Sister Destructo still control the Council?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2014

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Does Sister Destructo still control the Council?
What will she do if she can no longer close churches?
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2014

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
What will she do if she can no longer close churches?
She will supervise you and your work.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2014

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Does Sister Destructo still control the Council?
She is not controlling the Council, but only advising the Council.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2014

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text> So you don't like the idea of a neutral person overseeing the spending of parish money? That will be about a 20 minute drive to Youngstown each Mass.
'neutral person'? you must be kidding!
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2014

Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.buffalonews.com/life-arts/religion...
Our pastor may have said Vatican, but I thought he said the pope too. Not positive, because there's no instant replay, but the message was clear: Bishop Malone is not closing churches. The precedent has been set with the Vatican ruling in favor of St. Ann's and the bishop is a quick learner
This case with St. Ann is not yet definitive!
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2014

Judged:

Anom wrote:
<quoted text>You are sick. Why can't a priest own a piece of property. Would you like to live in a rectory where people work and other people come in and out all day. Where are you going to live when you retire?
follow the Pope you sicko!
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2014

Anom wrote:
<quoted text> Go to the dmv and tell us how many of these cars. I bet there are not four priest with these cars.
really?
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2014

Judged:

Anom wrote:
<quoted text> So a priest goes to Disney, why so you care?
how many times does someone have to visit Disney? Is that a 'pilgrimage site'?
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2014

Judged:

St Ann will eventually close anyway! Mark my words!
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2014

Judged:

Will Paul Seil going to appeal to Rome his case? Is he planning to open a personal kitchen in the Vatican with his specialities? What about his diet?
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2014

Judged:

Service wrote:
St Ann will eventually close anyway! Mark my words!
And years later Buffalonians will regret it, just as they are now regretting the demolition of many landmarks. Mark my words!
Mary of Magdala

Lancaster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2014

Judged:

"But the Vaticanís Congregation for the Clergy, in a recent ruling on an appeal by St. Ann parishioners, has made it clear that repairs of up to $12 million are not a good enough reason for the building to be demolished or converted into something other than a Catholic church." (BN)
Hope you all have a ton of money somewhere. It says nothing about the diocese helping or even getting involved. You need to pay closer attention to Vatican speak!
anonymous

Lancaster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2014

Judged:

Service wrote:
<quoted text>follow the Pope you sicko!
Follow the Commandments you jealous fool. Worry about your poor soul and not how someones owning a house is eating at your pitiful self.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Newfoundland Discussions

Search the Newfoundland Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Where can you find a good prostitute in St. Joh... (Dec '06) Jul 22 newfie 57
ATV park takes riders through forgotten coal mi... (Oct '10) Jul 19 fandango 30
What's happening in Halton Hills on Canada Day Jul 14 2 killed in crash 2
Cell tower badly needed: Rogers Jul 14 Response to Rogers 3
The search for mental health in a pill Jun 29 STARTS WITH VACCINES 6
We asked: What does being Canadian mean to you?... Jun '14 better than Liberty 1
Widow still waiting for chopper safety change Jun '14 Survey says 1
•••
•••