Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 62472 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58458 Feb 20, 2014
To be a monsignor you have to be 65 years old .Good! Finally, justice is the same for all! No more these flying monsignors in 'red robes'.
Anon

North Tonawanda, NY

#58459 Feb 20, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>Is that the reason that middleage priest installed a new swimming pool by the lake in order to cool off himself from temptations?
he looks tempting in his new grown beard...
Smart Pastor

New York, NY

#58460 Feb 20, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>To keep open those schools that are already 'expiring' is wasting of time and money.
Service, you seem to be defending the Bishop on every point. Do you know something we don't know? If this is the right decision then why not give details? It is an insult to all those involved to just say, "because I said so". Surely, at least one individual, who is representing the schools would understand how to decipher the information to the point of explanation to the many out there that are hurting right now. It should be a "civil right" to know what is going on. Don't you agree? Fortunately, for the DOB, they know through past experience and data which percentage will leave as a result. They will have the rest to continue. It's really a sad day for the rest of us Catholics in the DOB (:
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#58461 Feb 20, 2014
Smart Pastor wrote:
<quoted text> Service, you seem to be defending the Bishop on every point. Do you know something we don't know? If this is the right decision then why not give details? It is an insult to all those involved to just say, "because I said so". Surely, at least one individual, who is representing the schools would understand how to decipher the information to the point of explanation to the many out there that are hurting right now. It should be a "civil right" to know what is going on. Don't you agree? Fortunately, for the DOB, they know through past experience and data which percentage will leave as a result. They will have the rest to continue. It's really a sad day for the rest of us Catholics in the DOB (:
Is this what is called good business practices? All CEO s would have been definitely fired by now. There is no business that could survive getting rid of faithful customers in the hope of getting new ones.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58462 Feb 20, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>he looks tempting in his new grown beard...
who in the world would be enticed by his beard? it looks like a mouse coming out of a flour bag!
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58463 Feb 20, 2014
Smart Pastor wrote:
<quoted text> Service, you seem to be defending the Bishop on every point. Do you know something we don't know? If this is the right decision then why not give details? It is an insult to all those involved to just say, "because I said so". Surely, at least one individual, who is representing the schools would understand how to decipher the information to the point of explanation to the many out there that are hurting right now. It should be a "civil right" to know what is going on. Don't you agree? Fortunately, for the DOB, they know through past experience and data which percentage will leave as a result. They will have the rest to continue. It's really a sad day for the rest of us Catholics in the DOB (:
The Bishop explained very clearly why he is closing those 10 schools. What else do you need?
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58464 Feb 20, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this what is called good business practices? All CEO s would have been definitely fired by now. There is no business that could survive getting rid of faithful customers in the hope of getting new ones.
You are on the wrong tracks!
Anon

North Tonawanda, NY

#58465 Feb 20, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>who in the world would be enticed by his beard? it looks like a mouse coming out of a flour bag!
It's sexy..
Mary of Magdala

Marilla, NY

#58466 Feb 20, 2014
Service......I figured it out. Glad to know you are well, however, you are as wordy as ever and TYPO'S! Someone needs a red pen! LOL!
Beer

Lancaster, NY

#58467 Feb 20, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>The Bishop explained very clearly why he is closing those 10 schools. What else do you need?
More bullcrap from the bishops pawn.
anonymous

Lancaster, NY

#58468 Feb 20, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>who in the world would be enticed by his beard? it looks like a mouse coming out of a flour bag!
It is called a prison pus*y if you comprehend.
Smart Pastor

New York, NY

#58469 Feb 20, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>The Bishop explained very clearly why he is closing those 10 schools. What else do you need?
Clear? That's not what people are saying. People are walking away needing specifics. Also, the reasons why one building that is in need of lots of finances gets to stay open as is when a neighboring building doesn't need it. Wouldn't it make good business sense to use something you already have? A building that is newer and doesn't need any investing in instead of throwing it away for something old that you'll need to invest in? Many many questions need to be answered. That's the "more that I (we) want."
Smart Pastor

New York, NY

#58470 Feb 20, 2014
Oops. I meant NEED!
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58471 Feb 21, 2014
Smart Pastor wrote:
<quoted text> Clear? That's not what people are saying. People are walking away needing specifics. Also, the reasons why one building that is in need of lots of finances gets to stay open as is when a neighboring building doesn't need it. Wouldn't it make good business sense to use something you already have? A building that is newer and doesn't need any investing in instead of throwing it away for something old that you'll need to invest in? Many many questions need to be answered. That's the "more that I (we) want."
All questions are already answered by the Bishop. What else do you need?
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58472 Feb 21, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>It is called a prison pus*y if you comprehend.
this is extremely enigmatic, to say the least.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58473 Feb 21, 2014
Beer wrote:
<quoted text>More bullcrap from the bishops pawn.
Bishop needs to e obeyed by his priests! Period!
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58474 Feb 21, 2014
Obedience is the key word for the priests! To be obedient, is what is required!
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#58475 Feb 21, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>It's sexy..
I think Anzelm was sexy, why did he choose that nasty girl. Oh well, I am sure is on to bigger and better chicks these days.
I wonder if he still feels sexy?
Sexy on the picnic table???? Or in his fancy blue sports car???????
anonymous

Lancaster, NY

#58476 Feb 21, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>Bishop needs to e obeyed by his priests! Period!
Your bishop suffers from an arrogant, isolated mentality disorder Period!
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58477 Feb 21, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Your bishop suffers from an arrogant, isolated mentality disorder Period!
you are vey wrong in this assessment!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newfoundland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Food for Life distributes to eight Halton Hills... (Sep '15) Aug 7 organic eh 4
News St. John's volunteer, activist Susan Shriner pa... Jul 25 Donna Barrett 1
News Woodland council to talk about a sanctuary city... Jul '17 spytheweb 2
Thinking of moving to Newfoundland - help and a... (Jan '07) Jul '17 anbmarks 90
News The meaning of reconciliation: 'We're not anywh... Jul '17 Marked BonerCowSki 3
News As a Newfoundlander born in 1952, I learned a g... Jul '17 Shoe Polish Sheldon 3
News Activist vying for non-binary birth certificate... Jun '17 TerriB1 1
More from around the web