Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 61261 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58338 Feb 14, 2014
observation wrote:
Nobody has answered the questions , how much does demolition cost and who is supposed to pay for it. I do not want my money going for demolition unless it's for demolishing all the ugly churches built after l960 by the no taste, no style , self centered , spoiled generation that hasn't died off yet.
Don't you see that some areas are vacated by the parishioners, and gone to the suburbs. You cannot keep a church open for 50 people like St. Ann's.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58339 Feb 14, 2014
Twenty Twenty wrote:
<quoted text>
Since vision 2000, they have been going down a blind ally. What has all their great planning accomplished except destruction, loss of parishioners, loss of souls, low morale , bankrupt diocese , distrust and disrespect for Catholics and the Catholic church. If you don't believe me , look at the statistics. Maybe we would support them more if they would really listen once in a while instead of just listening to their overpayed lackeys.
( How is that new evangelizing committe doing?)
Listen to Yots and his socalled Preservation Group that does not help with any money, only empty words.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58340 Feb 14, 2014
ANON wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter what happens in the future we have all the answers we need. If our shepherds and pastors don't obey anybody why should they be obeyed? There is no ryme or reason for their decision making. They lead with three words, sit, stay, heel.
Obey Yots and his socalled Preservation Group that pay only lipservice to the people.Why he does not come with the money for Holy Trinity in the Falls, and other places that he advocated to be proclaimed as 'historical buildings'?
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#58341 Feb 14, 2014
Any word on Art Smith or David Gallivan?
anon

Buffalo, NY

#58342 Feb 14, 2014
Return wrote:
<quoted text>Also bring back Bialkowski. I think Dunkirk Dupa would want him to abuse her.
Some radio guy has called Buffalo Dunce head Town. Can't you people discuss anything except garbage? Are you really so brain dead? That's how the morons in charge win. Has Bialkowski been convicted of anything. I can think of a lot of priests who should be thrown out and are still being tolerated or should I say " protected" Why? Who's afraid of them?
Yes Virginia, even a wolf knows fear.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#58343 Feb 14, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>Bishop needs our support. Period!
Support for what? Decrees for closing schools and parishes? Do you need support for that?

From what we hear, he and his men don't like decrees from above. Why should we like theirs?
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58344 Feb 15, 2014
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Support for what? Decrees for closing schools and parishes? Do you need support for that?
From what we hear, he and his men don't like decrees from above. Why should we like theirs?
Are you ready and willing to pay all the bills for those financially unsustainable churches and schools? Where is the money going to come from?
Emslie

Worcester, MA

#58345 Feb 15, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>Are you ready and willing to pay all the bills for those financially unsustainable churches and schools? Where is the money going to come from?
How many times do we need to answer this question?? Yes, the parents and parishioners of our schools and parishes will pay the bills. The only problem here is the diocese's attempts at forced closures. Holy Father needs to summon all U.S. bishops to Rome, and tell them to KNOCK IT OFF!!
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58346 Feb 15, 2014
Emslie wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times do we need to answer this question?? Yes, the parents and parishioners of our schools and parishes will pay the bills. The only problem here is the diocese's attempts at forced closures. Holy Father needs to summon all U.S. bishops to Rome, and tell them to KNOCK IT OFF!!
Why did parents wait the last minute to speak up?The parish school coffers are totally empty. Where is the money?
Define Coffers

New York, NY

#58347 Feb 15, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>Why did parents wait the last minute to speak up?The parish school coffers are totally empty. Where is the money?
I'm not sure what you mean by coffers. In the case of St. Francis Of Assisi they have $500,000.00 in an educational endowment fund. I would think they would at least stick around until the next round. They would know where they stand and could fight to stay open if that's feasible at the time. So, now the schools that are open will get financial support from the DOB when St. Francis already has their finances in order. Some of those schools that remain open need a lot of money for building repairs and overall maintenance before they can begin to put it toward education. Just doesn't make sense. If you know something in more detail, please share. Thanks
Mary of Magdala

Marilla, NY

#58348 Feb 15, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>Why did parents wait the last minute to speak up?The parish school coffers are totally empty. Where is the money?
They wait because they have no clue what things cost. They wait because they ignored the school and/ or Church for years and thought their $5.00 a week contribution would do the trick. They bullied, they made themselves important, they had their parties, they gave their awards to each other. They never thought about the future, only themselves. The Pastor was their bitch. This is parish life. You play, they pay. If you do not, if you have some semblance of honor, class, and dignity you are either beloved or hated. I have seen both.
Service

Lancaster, NY

#58349 Feb 15, 2014
Service wrote:
The Bishop wants clergy to stop posting on public forums like this and keep our business confined to the mansion.
Anonumous

Buffalo, NY

#58350 Feb 16, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>He is not hiding anything! Stop guessing and projecting things your way!
You sure do flip flop....first you imply he does and then you say he doesn't.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58351 Feb 16, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>The Bishop wants clergy to stop posting on public forums like this and keep our business confined to the mansion.
That is not true. But you are an imposter using the same topix name as mine. Do you have any honesty?
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58352 Feb 16, 2014
Anonumous wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure do flip flop....first you imply he does and then you say he doesn't.
Keep inventing things!
Mary of Magdala

Marilla, NY

#58353 Feb 16, 2014
Are the schools who are continuing to register children for next year charging and receiving the registration fee? If so, will that be refunded when they close anyway or do they need that money to finish out the school year?
Anonymous

United States

#58354 Feb 16, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>Are you ready and willing to pay all the bills for those financially unsustainable churches and schools? Where is the money going to come from?
How many churches that were closed asked the diocese to pay their bills? And don’t forget that some churches were closed because they had a lot of money.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#58355 Feb 16, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you see that some areas are vacated by the parishioners, and gone to the suburbs. You cannot keep a church open for 50 people like St. Ann's.
Don't you believe in the future? Are people investing in the City or Cheektowaga or Kensmore?
Service

Lancaster, NY

#58356 Feb 16, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you believe in the future? Are people investing in the City or Cheektowaga or Kensmore?
Well now. They are definitely not investing in the slums known as Niagara Falls are they?
Service

Lancaster, NY

#58357 Feb 16, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Well now. They are definitely not investing in the slums of Niagara Falls are they?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newfoundland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cell tower badly needed: Rogers (Jul '14) Aug 4 billion dollar claim 6
Thinking of moving to Newfoundland - help and a... (Jan '07) Jul '16 Very-Tired 86
News Youth arrested on assault and weapons charges i... Jul '16 Pearl 1
News Anti-government activist fired for criticizing ... Jul '16 NFLD 1
News CODCO's Greg Malone to be recognized by ACTRA (Sep '15) Jun '16 Dying Smoker 2
JUSTIN TRUDEAU ! Already a World Statesman ! (Nov '15) Jun '16 Dying Smoker 2
News Moose beating remains a mystery (Aug '09) Jun '16 Dying Smoker 2
More from around the web