Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 61265 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58318 Feb 13, 2014
St Anns Fan wrote:
Service:
Have you read the decree? Sure, the diocese is appealing the decision but the odds of successfully overturning the ruling are against them. In the mean time, St. Ann's Church and Shrine is NOT reduced to profane use and must continue as the worship site it was intended to be. There is merely a small handful of persons who want it demolished, and they all work in the same office.
Are you going to pay all the monthly bills for that empty of people church?
Emslie

Liverpool, NY

#58319 Feb 13, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>Are you going to pay all the monthly bills for that empty of people church?
We have been paying the bills for that church for the past 127 years, dear friend, and will continue to do so. While a ponderance of Christ's words in Matthew 18:20 should clear up some of your misguided thoughts, the picture found at this web address can speak clearly to your "empty church" remark: http://saintannbuffalo.org/...
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#58320 Feb 13, 2014
What is the story on St. Gerard's?
Anonandonandon

Lancaster, NY

#58321 Feb 13, 2014
MsgrBadski wrote:
What is the story on St. Gerard's?
The church is still sitting at the corner of Bailey and East Delevan waiting for the trucks to arrive and bring it to Georgia.
Anonymous

United States

#58322 Feb 13, 2014
Anonandonandon wrote:
<quoted text>St. Gerard's is still sitting at the corner of Bailey and East Delevan waiting for the trucks to arrive and bring it to Georgia.
The can lift it a put on wheels...
Birds of a Feather

Buffalo, NY

#58323 Feb 13, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>Are you going to pay all the monthly bills for that empty of people church?
As long as it isn't you why do you care? You sound like you have an elevated sense of self worth but a very low sense of community service. What kind of bird are you?
Anon

Lancaster, NY

#58324 Feb 13, 2014
Birds of a Feather wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as it isn't you why do you care? You sound like you have an elevated sense of self worth but a very low sense of community service. What kind of bird are you?
Let me tell you about service. This service is so cheap he would'nt pay a dime just to see the sun shine.
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#58325 Feb 13, 2014
Bring back Fr. Chalupka and everything will bee good again
Completely nuts

Lancaster, NY

#58326 Feb 13, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>Let me tell you about service. This service is so cheap he would'nt pay a dime just to see the sun shine.
He is also one of the bishops pawns.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58327 Feb 13, 2014
Birds of a Feather wrote:
<quoted text>
What community service are you talking about? Keeping open almost empty buildings like St. Ann wit 50 parishioners!?
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58328 Feb 13, 2014
Completely nuts wrote:
<quoted text> He is also one of the bishops pawns.
Bishop needs our support. Period!
Completely nuts

Lancaster, NY

#58329 Feb 13, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>Bishop needs our support. Period!
Why? You have not answered that question as the bishop's pawn..
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58330 Feb 14, 2014
Completely nuts wrote:
<quoted text>Why? You have not answered that question as the bishop's pawn..
Call me on the phone, and I can give you all the detailed answers you like to have. Your curiosity will be satisfied!
Concerned

Selkirk, NY

#58331 Feb 14, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>Call me on the phone, and I can give you all the detailed answers you like to have. Your curiosity will be satisfied!
What is your contact information?
ANON

Buffalo, NY

#58332 Feb 14, 2014
Completely nuts wrote:
<quoted text>Why? You have not answered that question as the bishop's pawn..
No matter what happens in the future we have all the answers we need. If our shepherds and pastors don't obey anybody why should they be obeyed? There is no ryme or reason for their decision making. They lead with three words, sit, stay, heel.
Twenty Twenty

Buffalo, NY

#58333 Feb 14, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>Bishop needs our support. Period!
Since vision 2000, they have been going down a blind ally. What has all their great planning accomplished except destruction, loss of parishioners, loss of souls, low morale , bankrupt diocese , distrust and disrespect for Catholics and the Catholic church. If you don't believe me , look at the statistics. Maybe we would support them more if they would really listen once in a while instead of just listening to their overpayed lackeys.
( How is that new evangelizing committe doing?)
observation

Buffalo, NY

#58334 Feb 14, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>What community service are you talking about? Keeping open almost empty buildings like St. Ann wit 50 parishioners!?
You know very well that there are a lot of people who care about St. Ann. In 150 years, you can make a few good friends. I can't imagine that only fifty would be able to make that much noise around the world. If it is only 50 they should be congratulated and awarded. Maybe even you could learn something from them. Is there any church overflowing downtown? I see the protestant churches are under a lot of restoration in the city. Do they know something the catholics don't ?
observation

Buffalo, NY

#58335 Feb 14, 2014
Nobody has answered the questions , how much does demolition cost and who is supposed to pay for it. I do not want my money going for demolition unless it's for demolishing all the ugly churches built after l960 by the no taste, no style , self centered , spoiled generation that hasn't died off yet.
Return

Buffalo, NY

#58336 Feb 14, 2014
anonymous wrote:
Bring back Fr. Chalupka and everything will bee good again
Also bring back Bialkowski. I think Dunkirk Dupa would want him to abuse her.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58337 Feb 14, 2014
observation wrote:
<quoted text>
You know very well that there are a lot of people who care about St. Ann. In 150 years, you can make a few good friends. I can't imagine that only fifty would be able to make that much noise around the world. If it is only 50 they should be congratulated and awarded. Maybe even you could learn something from them. Is there any church overflowing downtown? I see the protestant churches are under a lot of restoration in the city. Do they know something the catholics don't ?
Your past does not count. Only the present!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newfoundland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cell tower badly needed: Rogers (Jul '14) Aug 4 billion dollar claim 6
Thinking of moving to Newfoundland - help and a... (Jan '07) Jul '16 Very-Tired 86
News Youth arrested on assault and weapons charges i... Jul '16 Pearl 1
News Anti-government activist fired for criticizing ... Jul '16 NFLD 1
News CODCO's Greg Malone to be recognized by ACTRA (Sep '15) Jun '16 Dying Smoker 2
JUSTIN TRUDEAU ! Already a World Statesman ! (Nov '15) Jun '16 Dying Smoker 2
News Moose beating remains a mystery (Aug '09) Jun '16 Dying Smoker 2
More from around the web