Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

Oct 14, 2007 Read more: WGRZ Buffalo 59,522
The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York. Read more
Anon

North Tonawanda, NY

#58029 Jan 25, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>Are you one of them?
no. I just have sex with them
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58030 Jan 25, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>no. I just have sex with them
just fulfilling the function.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58031 Jan 25, 2014
Anyone planning a 'divine pilgrimage' to Rome, Italy this year?
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58032 Jan 25, 2014
Which parish in the diocese is a 'Cinderella parish'?
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58033 Jan 25, 2014
Elma Annunciation School, Orchard Park St. Bernadette School, and Tonawanda St. Francis of Assisi School are protesting Bishop's decision to close those schools, and other in June 2014. I hope that his priests are going to support the Bishop in these difficult times.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#58034 Jan 25, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>If you are the faithful Catholic, why don't you send your son to the priesthood? So, the sinking Titanic will stay afloat.
Because he's not gay.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58035 Jan 25, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he's not gay.
how do you know that he is not gay?
Anon

New Britain, CT

#58036 Jan 25, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>how do you know that he is not gay?
if he isn't he will be after the seminary
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58037 Jan 25, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>if he isn't he will be after the seminary
Is that possible?
annon

Hamburg, NY

#58038 Jan 25, 2014
Service wrote:
Elma Annunciation School, Orchard Park St. Bernadette School, and Tonawanda St. Francis of Assisi School are protesting Bishop's decision to close those schools, and other in June 2014. I hope that his priests are going to support the Bishop in these difficult times.
Add St. Mary of the lake school as well that is going to protest
Anon

North Tonawanda, NY

#58039 Jan 25, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>Is that possible?
indeed
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#58040 Jan 26, 2014
annon wrote:
<quoted text>
Add St. Mary of the lake school as well that is going to protest
I would like to know why it is not till now that I am seeing commercials on the television about Catholic Schools. Where have they been up till now???? Why are they on now when 10 schools are slated to close? I this a little too late??? What has happened to all the monies collected for media and the purposes of bringing Christ and our Catholic Faith to the public (actually the whole world) through media, radio, and television??????? Has this money been wisely spent over the years???? Maybe it would have been good to see something on television, Youtube etc. all along while Buffalo has been going through this difficult time with students and families wanting to transfer out of failing schools. Are people aware that there are other options for schooling??? Should we have been doing this before now when we have to close schools??????
What is going on in our diocese??
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58041 Jan 26, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to know why it is not till now that I am seeing commercials on the television about Catholic Schools. Where have they been up till now???? Why are they on now when 10 schools are slated to close? I this a little too late??? What has happened to all the monies collected for media and the purposes of bringing Christ and our Catholic Faith to the public (actually the whole world) through media, radio, and television??????? Has this money been wisely spent over the years???? Maybe it would have been good to see something on television, Youtube etc. all along while Buffalo has been going through this difficult time with students and families wanting to transfer out of failing schools. Are people aware that there are other options for schooling??? Should we have been doing this before now when we have to close schools??????
What is going on in our diocese??
Diocese of Buffalo is not the only one that is closing some schools. Other dioceses already closed their financially unsustainable schools as well as churches. More will come in due time!
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58042 Jan 26, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>indeed
you are wrong in this, sir!
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58043 Jan 26, 2014
Pope Francis is asking all priests to sell their private properties and give the money to the poor. No more Ransomvile Runches, and Summer Huts by the lakes.
Anon

North Tonawanda, NY

#58044 Jan 26, 2014
Service wrote:
Pope Francis is asking all priests to sell their private properties and give the money to the poor. No more Ransomvile Runches, and Summer Huts by the lakes.
and mansions on Oakland place
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58045 Jan 26, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>and mansions on Oakland place
Oakland Place belongs to the Diocese. It is not a private possession of a bishop. Summer Huts by the lakes are private possessions of some priests, and Pope Francis wants them to sell that and give to the poor.
Irritated

Attica, NY

#58046 Jan 26, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>Diocese of Buffalo is not the only one that is closing some schools. Other dioceses already closed their financially unsustainable schools as well as churches. More will come in due time!
Service- since you appear to be all-knowing, particularly in subject matter involving the joyful forced suppression and closure of our parishes and schools, would you please enlighten us with your definition of " financially unsustainable"? Are these parishes and schools operating in the red? Or, are they still in the black thanks to their benefactors?
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58047 Jan 26, 2014
Irritated wrote:
<quoted text>
Service- since you appear to be all-knowing, particularly in subject matter involving the joyful forced suppression and closure of our parishes and schools, would you please enlighten us with your definition of " financially unsustainable"? Are these parishes and schools operating in the red? Or, are they still in the black thanks to their benefactors?
Your curiosity can be satisfied very easily. Call the Chancery, and request the financial report, and you will see it for yourself.
St Ann Fan

Albany, NY

#58048 Jan 26, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>Oakland Place belongs to the Diocese. It is not a private possession of a bishop. Summer Huts by the lakes are private possessions of some priests, and Pope Francis wants them to sell that and give to the poor.
The diocese needs to sell Oakland place, and give the proceeds to the poor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newfoundland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Statistics Canada report says Quebec city of Sa... 51 min Watchers 1
Where can you find a good prostitute in St. Joh... (Dec '06) Sun joker 102
News Military living allowance in Goose Bay too low,... Apr 15 Agenda 21 1
News IOC cites low iron ore prices as it lays off 15... Apr 9 past price driven up 1
News Tee it up for charity (May '08) Mar 29 some give no rece... 4
News Ken Dryden's futuristic classroom a cross-Canad... Mar 29 know and see 1
News Lung Cancer Smoke Screen (Jun '09) Mar 25 Schmones 33
More from around the web