Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 62441 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

L argent

Buffalo, NY

#58011 Jan 24, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>This is not bravo. Some other schools shall close next year as well.
If they can manage their own school, what's the problem ? Dear St. Francis , please get some tools and fix the brain and spirit of the Diocese of Buffalo. Where is the money going?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#58012 Jan 24, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>This is not bravo. Some other schools shall close next year as well.
If they can manage financially, they should all fight to stay open.
ANN

Buffalo, NY

#58013 Jan 24, 2014
Mary of Magdala wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear you and I understand. However, why was this battle not fought 20 years ago. I have been to St. Ann's on a Holy Thursday with a Church group, mostly our Confirmation students. It was more than 10 years ago and, no offense, the outside was a horror. If the parishioners had banded together, they would not have needed Diocesan approval to clean up and put things back together on a volunteer basis. I have never known the diocese to interfere with volunteers. If it meant that much, with all due respect, you would have taken it upon yourselves to fix it. FYI, OLV has its own money, always has, and seems like, it always will. I suppose we can thank Fr. Baker for that one.
Who are you and what are you and what do you have against St. Ann's and why are you repeating all this garbage put out by the diocese that isn't true. You are the only one who repeats it even though you know you don't believe it unless you are a total idiot, a lackey lass , clergy, a mason or just a gossippy old woman. You yourself should look at yourself..
In 1992 the same people were harrassing us with the no vision 2000 which they shoved down our throats. Has anything improved since then. The same dull, lackluster, destructive, hopeless plans .
There are simply too many issues to bring up here that you obviously know very little about, so just continue to write about the gays. It's the only topic any of you understand or care about.
Concerned

United States

#58014 Jan 24, 2014
Amherst Annie wrote:
Yes, more church and school closings now? All while priests spend parish money owning their private homes and having fun! Family visiting discovered my neighbor , their pastor (Father David Glassmire, Ascension Parish, Batavia, described in this blog as "Same Sex Leaning") living in our plush Amherst neigborhood. Why do parish funds support the rectory as well as his private pad in Amherst? Neighbors see boys frequneting his residence regularly and we didnt know that was the home of a Catholic priest. Is this why schools and parishes are closing due to lack of funds? Another "bad" priest? Hopefully not, the DOB cannot afford more legal expenses all while churches and scholls close!
Soooo Sad!!! Those poor people of Batavia!!! Why does he keep a "Pad" so far away from his parishioners?? Do the people of Batavia Know? Soooo Sad!!
Concerned

Buffalo, NY

#58015 Jan 24, 2014
Amherst Annie wrote:
Yes, more church and school closings now? All while priests spend parish money owning their private homes and having fun! Family visiting discovered my neighbor , their pastor (Father David Glassmire, Ascension Parish, Batavia, described in this blog as "Same Sex Leaning") living in our plush Amherst neigborhood. Why do parish funds support the rectory as well as his private pad in Amherst? Neighbors see boys frequneting his residence regularly and we didnt know that was the home of a Catholic priest. Is this why schools and parishes are closing due to lack of funds? Another "bad" priest? Hopefully not, the DOB cannot afford more legal expenses all while churches and scholls close!
Sooo Sad!!! Do the poor people of Batavia know Fr. David Glassmire keeps a "Pad" so far away from his poor people in Batavia? Sooo Sad!! The people of his Batavia parish deserve to know this!!!
Devlin

Buffalo, NY

#58016 Jan 24, 2014
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Sooo Sad!!! Do the poor people of Batavia know Fr. David Glassmire keeps a "Pad" so far away from his poor people in Batavia? Sooo Sad!! The people of his Batavia parish deserve to know this!!!
Agreed!!! What does the Bishop think????
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58017 Jan 24, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
If they can manage financially, they should all fight to stay open.
No school should remain open if it is not financially sustainable.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58018 Jan 24, 2014
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Fr. Glassmire did the best job in Batavia. Other priests should follow him in his footsteps instead of living in their own small fiefdoms and close more church buildings which are not financially sustainable.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58019 Jan 24, 2014
Anon wrote:
Homosexual priests are going to Toronto gay bathhouses
Are you one of them?
Anonymous

United States

#58020 Jan 24, 2014
Since the DOB started closing churches 30 years ago to stoke the Spirit, there have been only smoldering ashes. Where are the vibrant faith communities, the meaningful homilies, the vocations?
A whole generation has been spiritually lost in the sink whole of indifference while our spiritual leaders are rearranging the chairs (churches, schools, priests) on the sinking Titanic. And the band plays on.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58021 Jan 24, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
Since the DOB started closing churches 30 years ago to stoke the Spirit, there have been only smoldering ashes. Where are the vibrant faith communities, the meaningful homilies, the vocations?
A whole generation has been spiritually lost in the sink whole of indifference while our spiritual leaders are rearranging the chairs (churches, schools, priests) on the sinking Titanic. And the band plays on.
If you are the faithful Catholic, why don't you send your son to the priesthood? So, the sinking Titanic will stay afloat.
Mary of Magdala

Marilla, NY

#58022 Jan 24, 2014
ANN wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you and what are you and what do you have against St. Ann's and why are you repeating all this garbage put out by the diocese that isn't true. You are the only one who repeats it even though you know you don't believe it unless you are a total idiot, a lackey lass , clergy, a mason or just a gossippy old woman. You yourself should look at yourself..
In 1992 the same people were harrassing us with the no vision 2000 which they shoved down our throats. Has anything improved since then. The same dull, lackluster, destructive, hopeless plans .
There are simply too many issues to bring up here that you obviously know very little about, so just continue to write about the gays. It's the only topic any of you understand or care about.
I am sorry for your pain. I have gone on to inquire from others who are more connected to that neighborhood. It is over. You have said it yourself, 20 years ago, the place was done. Time to step back and proceed in another direction.
anonymous

Lancaster, NY

#58023 Jan 24, 2014
Service wrote:
Who is planning a 'divine' pilgrimage to the Eternal City this year?
Who cares!! You sure area nosey one .
anonymous

Lancaster, NY

#58024 Jan 24, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>Are you assisting them with a candle? Is that factual? Or you simply presume that they go to Toronto bathouses? Whom did you see there? Names please!
Well now. I think you were there so you should know the details.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58025 Jan 24, 2014
Pope Francis is asking all priests to sell heir private houses and huts and give that money to the poor.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58026 Jan 24, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Well now. I think you were there so you should know the details.
Are you speaking for yourself?
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58027 Jan 25, 2014
Pope Francis is asking all priests to sell their private 'hideout places' and give to the poor.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58028 Jan 25, 2014
Mary of Magdala wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry for your pain. I have gone on to inquire from others who are more connected to that neighborhood. It is over. You have said it yourself, 20 years ago, the place was done. Time to step back and proceed in another direction.
St Ann is not financially sustainable and should not be used any more. Into that category will fall some other churches around the diocese which should be closed, and those priests could be sent to more demanding parishes across the diocese.
Anon

North Tonawanda, NY

#58029 Jan 25, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>Are you one of them?
no. I just have sex with them
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#58030 Jan 25, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>no. I just have sex with them
just fulfilling the function.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newfoundland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woodland council to talk about a sanctuary city... Jul 13 spytheweb 2
Thinking of moving to Newfoundland - help and a... (Jan '07) Jul 10 anbmarks 90
News The meaning of reconciliation: 'We're not anywh... Jul 7 Marked BonerCowSki 3
News As a Newfoundlander born in 1952, I learned a g... Jul 1 Shoe Polish Sheldon 4
News Activist vying for non-binary birth certificate... Jun '17 TerriB1 1
News Supreme Court Chief Justice Beverley McLachlin ... Jun '17 pretty closed club 1
News The GPS of its time: Surveyor James Cook rememb... Jun '17 Sub hit by while ... 1
More from around the web