Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 61670 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

New Life

Niagara Falls, NY

#57929 Jan 19, 2014
Fr. Leon Biernat is the new pastor of St. Gregory the Great .
Disillusioned

Hamburg, NY

#57930 Jan 19, 2014
So the Diocese closed OLP school and compounded the loss by taking away the Pastor only days later? No wonder the only priest who was at the big school closing announcement on Wednesday with Bishop Malone was Father Biernat. He had a smile from ear to ear. He is deserting the kids to go where the money is. Quite a feaher in his vestments. Maybe they should have put an interim priest at St. Greg's until OLP is permanently closed down and thought of the kds for a change. Quite an un-Christian thing to do. After all, we can't have the jewel of the Diocese existing without a pastor. We all wonder when this decison was made. Interesting.
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57931 Jan 19, 2014
After the recent concert at Corpus Christi Church I realize they are Poor stewards of the money we donate. What a joke that place is.

They continually ask for more and more money and spend it in a very unwise fashion. Poorly attended concerts, Heating an athletic club that suits just a few, and the list goes on and on.
They do NOTHING for the poor in the neighborhood, and constantly praise their self worth.
Wake Up!
Anon

North Tonawanda, NY

#57932 Jan 20, 2014
New Life wrote:
I Told you it would be another homosexual priest.
anonymous

Lancaster, NY

#57933 Jan 20, 2014
New Life wrote:
OMG!!!!!!!!!!
Disillusioned

Hamburg, NY

#57934 Jan 20, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>OMG!!!!!!!!!!
What does your reaction mean?
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57935 Jan 20, 2014
Downhill is the direction at Corpus Christi.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57936 Jan 20, 2014
New Life wrote:
Some priests are too long in the Falls. They need new pasture to get out of their 'old ways.' Need some 'fresh air'.
Most of the 6 year contracts are expiring this year. Let's see if there will be any changes. What do you think?
What an Article

New York, NY

#57937 Jan 20, 2014
Great Article About the School Closings

http://www.tonawanda-news.com/barbara_tucker/...
Clarify please

New York, NY

#57938 Jan 20, 2014
Gregory the Great wrote:
I heard Slubecky was offered St. Gregory the Great and turned it down.
I thought priests had to apply for a parish. Did he and then he turned it down? I would think he wouldn't want a big parish like that. He's not young anymore.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#57939 Jan 21, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text> I Told you it would be another homosexual priest.
Is Fr. Lean Biernat 'homosexual'? How do you know? Is this another nasty gossip?
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#57940 Jan 21, 2014
Clarify please wrote:
<quoted text> I thought priests had to apply for a parish. Did he and then he turned it down? I would think he wouldn't want a big parish like that. He's not young anymore.
Applications are good only for second class priests. Don't you know that by now?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57941 Jan 21, 2014
What an Article wrote:
Excellent article! The diocese cares about no one except themselves and the RICH parishes. You ask about the endowment fund. What will become of it? I'll give you one guess - DIOCESE. They see money, they want it. We went through the JF&G 6 years ago. What an eye opener. I've never seen such lies, manipulation, greed, two-faced liars as I did with the process of JF&G. It changed my whole attitude about the Diocese and the church in general.

I'm not from the Tonawandas, but my heart goes out to St. Francis and all the families. What a shame! It's heart breaking. But does the diocese care one bit? Absolutely not!
Mary of Magdala

Marilla, NY

#57942 Jan 21, 2014
What an Article wrote:
This article was well written and one could feel Ms. Tucker's honest feelings of sadness and anger. Having said that, the woman's children are long gone. Where it is very understandable that older people are upset about the closings, I don't see or hear very many younger people complaining. It is not the people of Ms. Tucker's generation who could keep the schools open. It is the younger generation and they, for the most part, don't care. They are uninterested in contributing in any way. They do not get involved in the parish, they do not financially contribute, and don't mention the word, volunteer! These are integral parts of keeping a school alive and vibrant. It is a sad reality.
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57943 Jan 21, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>Is Fr. Lean Biernat 'homosexual'? How do you know? Is this another nasty gossip?
Who cares!
People, get over it!!!
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57944 Jan 21, 2014
anonymous wrote:
After the recent concert at Corpus Christi Church I realize they are Poor stewards of the money we donate. What a joke that place is.
They continually ask for more and more money and spend it in a very unwise fashion. Poorly attended concerts, Heating an athletic club that suits just a few, and the list goes on and on.
They do NOTHING for the poor in the neighborhood, and constantly praise their self worth.
Wake Up!
All I know is I met the most arrogant music director ever at Corpus Christi Church.
And, the music was not so good.
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#57945 Jan 21, 2014
Clarify please wrote:
<quoted text> I thought priests had to apply for a parish. Did he and then he turned it down? I would think he wouldn't want a big parish like that. He's not young anymore.
I just don't think Slu-a dub would fit in at a parish like that.. and you're right he is getting older, about the same age as Yetter.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57946 Jan 21, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent article! The diocese cares about no one except themselves and the RICH parishes. You ask about the endowment fund. What will become of it? I'll give you one guess - DIOCESE. They see money, they want it. We went through the JF&G 6 years ago. What an eye opener. I've never seen such lies, manipulation, greed, two-faced liars as I did with the process of JF&G. It changed my whole attitude about the Diocese and the church in general.
I'm not from the Tonawandas, but my heart goes out to St. Francis and all the families. What a shame! It's heart breaking. But does the diocese care one bit? Absolutely not!
Diocesan Motto: Show Me The Money. Bottom line: Money, money, money......... and more money.......

“Dorata's worthless turd”

Since: Mar 09

Buffalo, NY

#57947 Jan 21, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
All I know is I met the most arrogant music director ever at Corpus Christi Church.
And, the music was not so good.
All dat I know it is day half it dem bowlink lanes open.
Dats how I practice it my genuflect.

Some of dem time I can polka dense to a nice bend and drink it Old Krupnik in Parish Hall.
Life can still be it wary good by dat Old Eastsides.
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#57948 Jan 21, 2014
Records on clergy abuse in the Archdiocese of Chicago are now n line. I wonder what w would encounter, if we could ever get similar documents rom the DOB?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newfoundland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Did Trudeau tip his hand on NAFTA? Not while Tr... Nov 19 JUSTIN TRUDEAU ERA 1
News Tar-covered ghost vessel from Canada hits Ireland Nov 15 McCafe 1
News Tar-covered ghost vessel from Canada hits Irela... Nov 15 McCafe 2
Thinking of moving to Newfoundland - help and a... (Jan '07) Nov 10 Lynnette 89
News Young Atlantic Canadians shouldn't have to leav... Nov 7 No Jobs No Cash eh 1
News NAC lands record $5M donation for unique fund t... Sep '16 Hosanna Deerchild... 2
News Events in Newfoundland and Labrador, Ottawa to ... Sep '16 911 sad eh 1
More from around the web