Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 59913 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#57906 Jan 17, 2014
Discreet Pete wrote:
<quoted text>Just one and remember that you shalt live by the Ten Commandments.Especially the Tenth Commandment.
Let all priests sell their 'lovenests' by the lakes and give to the poor as suggested by Pope Francis.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#57907 Jan 17, 2014
The Kavorka wrote:
<quoted text>Bishop Phoney should not burden the taxpayers with his legislative missives.
Bishop Malone is realistic, and knows well how to manage the problem situations pertaining to the schools across the Diocese. Next will be: closing financially unviable semiempty churches across the Diocese. That will give him some extra priests to put them in places which are in greater need than those where they are know.
Mary of Magdala

Buffalo, NY

#57908 Jan 17, 2014
The one thing that really bugs me: Since when is Church. "the building"?
Kookies

Buffalo, NY

#57909 Jan 17, 2014
Service wrote:
<quoted text>Bishop Malone is realistic, and knows well how to manage the problem situations pertaining to the schools across the Diocese. Next will be: closing financially unviable semiempty churches across the Diocese. That will give him some extra priests to put them in places which are in greater need than those where they are know.
The priests are the reason the churches are empty especially the ones trained by kooks who are now in charge of the church.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#57910 Jan 17, 2014
Mary of Magdala wrote:
Since somebody built Stone-henge. Put a stole around the rocks and go worship there.
Mary of Magdala

Buffalo, NY

#57911 Jan 17, 2014
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Since somebody built Stone-henge. Put a stole around the rocks and go worship there.
Cute, but I will not let you deter me from the truth. The Church is not nor ever has been a building. The Church is the group of people that come together ANYWHERE to give praise and glory to Our Lord.
Mary of Magdala

Buffalo, NY

#57912 Jan 17, 2014
Kookies wrote:
<quoted text>
The priests are the reason the churches are empty especially the ones trained by kooks who are now in charge of the church.
You are incorrect. The priest should not have anything to do with it. Your relationship with Our Lord should be more important. It is easy to blame someone else because you did not try.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#57913 Jan 17, 2014
Mary of Magdala wrote:
<quoted text>
You are incorrect. The priest should not have anything to do with it. Your relationship with Our Lord should be more important. It is easy to blame someone else because you did not try.
Dear Mary
You sound more protestant than Catholic. You should join them. No wonder the faithful are confused.
Anonymous

United States

#57914 Jan 18, 2014
Mary of Magdala wrote:
One thing bothers me too. Since when a family is the house?
Let us knock down all old, inefficient and half empty houses.
Service

Niagara Falls, NY

#57915 Jan 18, 2014
Pope Francis is asking all brother priests to sell their summer huts and villas, and give to the poor. What about the lake houses?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57916 Jan 18, 2014
LaSalle wrote:
<quoted text>St.John della Salle should merge with Prince of Peace. St. Stannislaus should merge with St. Joseph. Mount Carmel should close down and go to St. Joseph.St. Mary's should become an oratory.
Padre, you seem to have forgotten St Theresa's combining with some parish. Do you have a hidden agenda?
Mary of Magdala

Buffalo, NY

#57918 Jan 18, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing bothers me too. Since when a family is the house?
Let us knock down all old, inefficient and half empty houses.
Habla espanol? Parlez vois francais? You certainly do not speak English.
LaSalle

Niagara Falls, NY

#57919 Jan 18, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Padre, you seem to have forgotten St Theresa's combining with some parish. Do you have a hidden agenda?
There is a need of one parish in the East: Prince of Peace;one in the South:St. Joseph; and one in the North:St. Theresa. Is that clear for your agenda?

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#57920 Jan 18, 2014
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57921 Jan 18, 2014
LaSalle wrote:
<quoted text> There is a need of one parish in the East: Prince of Peace;one in the South:St. Joseph; and one in the North:St. Theresa. Is that clear for your agenda?
St Peters is North! Now its clear.
Gregory the Great

Buffalo, NY

#57922 Jan 18, 2014
I heard Slubecky was offered St. Gregory the Great and turned it down.
LaSalle

Niagara Falls, NY

#57923 Jan 19, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>St Peters is North! Now its clear.
St. Peters is in Lewiston not in the Falls, you smarty Alex! People from North are not going to travel to Lewiston. Milewise, it's too far.62
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57924 Jan 19, 2014
LaSalle wrote:
<quoted text>St. Peters is in Lewiston not in the Falls, you smarty Alex! People from North are not going to travel to Lewiston. Milewise, it's too far.62
Yeah that half a mile is like the distance to the moon! That is exactly my point, those two parishes are too close together. If you look at it, Sty Theresa is even closer than 1/2 mile to the Lewiston boundary. Also in USA it's Smart-alek..
LaSalle

Niagara Falls, NY

#57925 Jan 19, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah that half a mile is like the distance to the moon! That is exactly my point, those two parishes are too close together. If you look at it, Sty Theresa is even closer than 1/2 mile to the Lewiston boundary. Also in USA it's Smart-alek..
You need to close Mount Carmel and St. Stanislaus, and keep open only St. Joseph with St Mary as oratory. They are only few blocks away from each other. No need for 4 churches in that area of Niagara Falls so close to each other. Those people can easily fit into Prince of Peace. St. Joseph, and St. Theresa. Period!
LaSalle

Niagara Falls, NY

#57926 Jan 19, 2014
St. John de la Salle should merge with Prince of Peace. The sooner the better!No need for so many buildings!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newfoundland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Red Deer accommodating growing Filipino community 6 hr Heydrich 4
News Faroese man charged in air rage case (Jun '10) Jul '15 YoyoMoFo 2
News Winnipeg's parks -- spring into them (Apr '13) Jun '15 JUSTIN TRUDEAU 9
News St. John's United to host Hymns for Haiti (Jan '10) Jun '15 now Nepal 3
News RCMP 'inept, outdated,' Cummins says (Nov '11) Jun '15 Mike 5
News Hamilton, Thunder Bay had most hate crime in Ca... Jun '15 Medewiwin 1
News Pot is no risk-free high for teens with develop... Jun '15 HumanSpirit 1
More from around the web