Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 61261 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Pathetic

United States

#57761 Dec 8, 2013
Polonia wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter what you want to say against Corpus Christi, it is not fair to say anything about the liturgy. You do not find much better anywhere not even at the Latin Masses anymore since nobody knows what they are doing in Latin or English in the new or the old. If you have a problem whith your old friends too bad for you but don't take it out on the priests. Fancy clothes? Hardly, Fancy Language? with a Polish accent? Fancy music? Do you prefer guitar?
You should learn some Polish , it might make you a better Catholic.
Perhaps the current Polish priests can give us all a lesson on how not to get caught being criminal. Face it all of you that tried blurting out your pathetic defense for 1 priest who tried molesting a young kid at 14 and then outright lied and had people try to pay off the former bishop to cover it up!! Where is he now? Hey Dupa where is your article now as sole!!! Everyone now what's what you're all about and when you walk in public get ready to hear from everyone what you truly are you piece of garbage. That goes for everyone from that child molestors church. You're now marked. We can't wait to see you in public. After all you said on here regarding innocent people is now going to fuc k you up your as shole. You better run the other way if you see us because we will shout and point you out to everyone what you truly are.
Mary of Magdela

Marilla, NY

#57762 Dec 8, 2013
Pardon me for being so uninformed. Is Corpus Christi the Church on the East Side that was probably lovely years ago before all the parishioners ran for the burbs? If it is, I believe I toured it with a confirmation group about 10 years ago. It was lovely but decaying.
Relics

Niagara Falls, NY

#57763 Dec 10, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>I have no idea. Is it the casino church? Is it the former Holy Trinity in the Falls? What is it? My guess is, it is the later and it was paid for with ill-gotten gains and that I should have just a wee bit M O R E charity and empathy and forgive he-who-embezzles-from-me just one stinking more time. Well, don't they say 'Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me'? I have things that I would like to (have)own and today would be a good day to (have)own them or the charity that I am desperately trying to conjure up in my captive little mind might turn just 'a wee bit' ugly.
In other words, today is a good day for finalizing everything....not tomorrow, not the next day. Today.
Yes, it the famous Dr. Burzynski and his enormous savings that he left for the Casino Church in the Falls. Where is that money now? Invested in a summer villa? Or what? Where is it?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57764 Dec 10, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Dey shood be to heve dat singing preest- Hanzelm. He wast goot, und goot to look it at.
It be better dare den.
Anybuddy be to seeing dat preest Hanzelm? He is goot to look it at.
I dunt be to tink he be sexing wit the girl .
he wast trickt.
anon

New York, NY

#57766 Dec 10, 2013
I have nothing to add. Finished. Done. Complete. Move on.
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#57768 Dec 11, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Anybuddy be to seeing dat preest Hanzelm? He is goot to look it at.
I dunt be to tink he be sexing wit the girl .
he wast trickt.
Exactly how was Anzelm "trickt?" He is a big boy,no? And a priest who is supposed to know right from wrong, no?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57769 Dec 11, 2013
Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly how was Anzelm "trickt?" He is a big boy,no? And a priest who is supposed to know right from wrong, no?
Stella telt me dat Hanzelm is tata now for too. A gurl ant a boy.
Shee also tell me dat he is be sellin da kars at the kar stor on da grannd eyeland be da hooge sale stor. Day say it all be hooge dere on da TeeVee. i tinkt he trickt too tymes.
Mary of Magdela

Marilla, NY

#57770 Dec 11, 2013
Well, well, well! Look who is Time's Person of the Year. The Rat ship has sailed!
Ratings

Newark, NJ

#57771 Dec 11, 2013
I fondly remember the days when "Eyewitness News" was #1 in the ratings. The other stations didn't even come close. Today? Ch. 7 lingers in the ratings basement while Ch. 4 and Ch 2 battle it out. How the mighty have fallen. Weinstein, Azar, and Jolls are surely missed.
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#57772 Dec 11, 2013
The New York Province of the Society of Jesus will ease to exist o July 31, 2015. It will be merged into a larger province.
POPE

Buffalo, NY

#57774 Dec 12, 2013
MsgrBadski wrote:
The New York Province of the Society of Jesus will ease to exist o July 31, 2015. It will be merged into a larger province.
They should go back and take care of St. Ann's . The best that anybody has ever built in this diocese, diocesan or religiouds order. Call the Pope so that he can do something for a very deserving area instead of worrying about everything except what his people care about.
POPE

Buffalo, NY

#57775 Dec 12, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Stella telt me dat Hanzelm is tata now for too. A gurl ant a boy.
Shee also tell me dat he is be sellin da kars at the kar stor on da grannd eyeland be da hooge sale stor. Day say it all be hooge dere on da TeeVee. i tinkt he trickt too tymes.
Lots things hoooge in this Buffalo.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57776 Dec 13, 2013
POPE wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots things hoooge in this Buffalo.
No, i am to be meening Hanzelm is de seller for da hooge kars four da guy hoo sell da hooge kars on da grayand eyeland. May B you to meen is Hanzelm hoooge? I dunt kno. Kathee wood be the knower.
really

Buffalo, NY

#57777 Dec 15, 2013
MsgrBadski wrote:
<quoted text> Yes. consider the fate of Immaculate heart of Mary on Edison Street. It met all the stipulation of JF& G, yet was still closed. the parishioners really struggled to keep it open and look what happened. Now, many of them have just abandoned the church. a few struggle to get to St. Aloysius.
St. Bonaventure Church in West Seneca never had a chance. There was no reason to close the Parish other than the Pastor and Woman Religious who was working for him wanted it closed. If a parishioner asked what was going on with the merger they would answer, "we are still going downtown" leading people to believe that they were trying to save the Parish when in fact they were making their plans to close. The most well attended Masses were shifted to the other Parish which made it look as though there was low attendance at St. Bonaventure. The parishioners contributed generously, the building were in good shape and there were things happening in the Parish. Mergered with St. Williams. Can't even use the hall for older or disabled persons as it is on the lower level with no rest rooms.
ANON

Buffalo, NY

#57778 Dec 16, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>
St. Bonaventure Church in West Seneca never had a chance. There was no reason to close the Parish other than the Pastor and Woman Religious who was working for him wanted it closed. If a parishioner asked what was going on with the merger they would answer, "we are still going downtown" leading people to believe that they were trying to save the Parish when in fact they were making their plans to close. The most well attended Masses were shifted to the other Parish which made it look as though there was low attendance at St. Bonaventure. The parishioners contributed generously, the building were in good shape and there were things happening in the Parish. Mergered with St. Williams. Can't even use the hall for older or disabled persons as it is on the lower level with no rest rooms.
Just plain no good. Never believe anything they say. They want to fool the people ALL the timer not just some of the time. That goes for all of them starting with the Bishop.
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#57779 Dec 17, 2013
Where are Philip Pecararo andTed Kruczinski?
yukkagal

Pittsburgh, PA

#57780 Dec 17, 2013
youtube.com/watch... …… Close them evil places
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57781 Dec 17, 2013
ANON wrote:
<quoted text>
Just plain no good. Never believe anything they say. They want to fool the people ALL the timer not just some of the time. That goes for all of them starting with the Bishop.
Amen.
Mary of Magdela

Marilla, NY

#57782 Dec 17, 2013
Burke - out Wuerl- in Interesting switch!
anon

Toronto, Canada

#57783 Dec 17, 2013
RIP Fr. Bob Vogt and Fr. Bob (Tony) Struzynski OFM. Thanks for your ministry!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newfoundland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cell tower badly needed: Rogers (Jul '14) Aug 4 billion dollar claim 6
Thinking of moving to Newfoundland - help and a... (Jan '07) Jul '16 Very-Tired 86
News Youth arrested on assault and weapons charges i... Jul '16 Pearl 1
News Anti-government activist fired for criticizing ... Jul '16 NFLD 1
News CODCO's Greg Malone to be recognized by ACTRA (Sep '15) Jun '16 Dying Smoker 2
JUSTIN TRUDEAU ! Already a World Statesman ! (Nov '15) Jun '16 Dying Smoker 2
News Moose beating remains a mystery (Aug '09) Jun '16 Dying Smoker 2
More from around the web