Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 61264 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

anon

New York, NY

#57516 Oct 30, 2013
Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm simply asking for some input on this matter. If that makes me nuts, so be it.
No, I wasn't 'talking' to you. Sorry.
ANON

Buffalo, NY

#57517 Oct 30, 2013
Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm simply asking for some input on this matter. If that makes me nuts, so be it.
Send your mass offerings to the missions around the world. I wouldn't give these locals a dime. The only thing they pray for is to close churches and go on trips.
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#57518 Oct 30, 2013
ANON wrote:
<quoted text>
Send your mass offerings to the missions around the world. I wouldn't give these locals a dime. The only thing they pray for is to close churches and go on trips.
Funny you should mention trips. Our pastor is leaving for his annual group pilgrimage to Europe shortly after All Souls Day.
Churches

United States

#57519 Oct 31, 2013
ANON wrote:
<quoted text>
Send your mass offerings to the missions around the world. I wouldn't give these locals a dime. The only thing they pray for is to close churches and go on trips.
Yes, they should close more churches in Dunkirk, Lackawanna, Buffalo, Batavia, and Niagara Falls, the sooner the better and the bishop will have sufficient extra number of priests which are not needed in almost half-empty churches in those areas.
Churches

United States

#57520 Oct 31, 2013
Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny you should mention trips. Our pastor is leaving for his annual group pilgrimage to Europe shortly after All Souls Day.
All these priest are flocking to Rome, for what? For pilgrimage, or for personal reasons? They even sleep in the same bed on those trips.What goes on under the bedsheets?
Churches

United States

#57521 Oct 31, 2013
Are these priests going to report to the Pope what kind of summer villas they have? Swimmingpool. Wooden fence. And what else?
Churches

United States

#57522 Oct 31, 2013
Where do they get money for those summer villas these priests? From collection? from gas money? from rectory table money? or something else?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57523 Oct 31, 2013
Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny you should mention trips. Our pastor is leaving for his annual group pilgrimage to Europe shortly after All Souls Day.
Another pilgrimage to Italy in Feb. with the famous NF pastor. They love those "pilgrimages" (in other words, free vacations).
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57524 Oct 31, 2013
Happy Halloween!
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#57525 Oct 31, 2013
Churches wrote:
<quoted text>All these priest are flocking to Rome, for what? For pilgrimage, or for personal reasons? They even sleep in the same bed on those trips.What goes on under the bedsheets?
Our pastor is not going with other priests. Each year he drums up a group of people to go somewhere different. Nothing like seeing the world on someone else's dime, I guess. Although doing this every single year seems a tad excessive.
Anonymous

United States

#57526 Oct 31, 2013
Churches wrote:
Where do they get money for those summer villas these priests? From collection? from gas money? from rectory table money? or something else?
No, they only get extra money for living expenses. i.e. good living. Ask Freddy.
Reap what you sow

Lancaster, NY

#57527 Oct 31, 2013
Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
Our pastor is not going with other priests. Each year he drums up a group of people to go somewhere different. Nothing like seeing the world on someone else's dime, I guess. Although doing this every single year seems a tad excessive.
Why don't you organize an event. Your too lazy thats why. Toobad. U 2 R the Kavorka.
Bishop of Limburg

Lancaster, NY

#57528 Oct 31, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they only get extra money for living expenses. i.e. good living. Ask Freddy.
I will spend what I want. when I want. for anything I want. The Luxury Bishop.
ANON

Buffalo, NY

#57529 Oct 31, 2013
Churches wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, they should close more churches in Dunkirk, Lackawanna, Buffalo, Batavia, and Niagara Falls, the sooner the better and the bishop will have sufficient extra number of priests which are not needed in almost half-empty churches in those areas.
Why do you need more priests in the burbs? To do what? They have so much staff they don't know what to do with themselves now.
They should be spreading the Gospel where the Gospel is needed not just be caretakers for the rich. If they are so busy why do they have so much free time. There are plenty of people who need to be taught the faith in Buffalo and Niagara Falls. Two of the poorest cities in all of USA. I would suggest pilgrimages to those poor areas instead of only visiting the casinos and bars.
Secretum

United States

#57530 Nov 1, 2013
ANON wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you need more priests in the burbs? To do what? They have so much staff they don't know what to do with themselves now.
They should be spreading the Gospel where the Gospel is needed not just be caretakers for the rich. If they are so busy why do they have so much free time. There are plenty of people who need to be taught the faith in Buffalo and Niagara Falls. Two of the poorest cities in all of USA. I would suggest pilgrimages to those poor areas instead of only visiting the casinos and bars.
Besides casinos and bars, you forgot the famous summer villas by the lakes which are most of the time 'secret sex houses.'
workers unite

Buffalo, NY

#57531 Nov 1, 2013
Secretum wrote:
<quoted text>Besides casinos and bars, you forgot the famous summer villas by the lakes which are most of the time 'secret sex houses.'
Even sex requires ambition, drive and some effort. Some are too lazy even for that.
Anonymous

United States

#57532 Nov 1, 2013
workers unite wrote:
<quoted text>
Even sex requires ambition, drive and some effort. Some are too lazy even for that.
Are you an expert?
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#57533 Nov 1, 2013
Churches wrote:
<quoted text>All these priest are flocking to Rome, for what? For pilgrimage, or for personal reasons? They even sleep in the same bed on those trips.What goes on under the bedsheets?
Why do you want to know? What business is it of yours?
What goes on in one's bedroom should stay in their bedroom.

Perhaps you would like to join in under those bedsheets?
Take pictures, videos.......?
Are you a voyeur?
anon

North Tonawanda, NY

#57534 Nov 1, 2013
and how would u know what happens in there?
Secretum wrote:
<quoted text>Besides casinos and bars, you forgot the famous summer villas by the lakes which are most of the time 'secret sex houses.'
Secretum

United States

#57535 Nov 1, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they only get extra money for living expenses. i.e. good living. Ask Freddy.
They schedule 7 masses each weekend to make sure that 'cash cow' continues to provide the necessary money for the summer villas and randevous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newfoundland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cell tower badly needed: Rogers (Jul '14) Aug 4 billion dollar claim 6
Thinking of moving to Newfoundland - help and a... (Jan '07) Jul '16 Very-Tired 86
News Youth arrested on assault and weapons charges i... Jul '16 Pearl 1
News Anti-government activist fired for criticizing ... Jul '16 NFLD 1
News CODCO's Greg Malone to be recognized by ACTRA (Sep '15) Jun '16 Dying Smoker 2
JUSTIN TRUDEAU ! Already a World Statesman ! (Nov '15) Jun '16 Dying Smoker 2
News Moose beating remains a mystery (Aug '09) Jun '16 Dying Smoker 2
More from around the web