Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

Full story: WGRZ Buffalo

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.
Comments
55,681 - 55,700 of 58,541 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

not you wrote:
im sure it was not you!<quoted text>
That's a fact Jack, I mean TED. I know how the people who organized it work and what's really important to them.
whos jack or ted

North Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a fact Jack, I mean TED. I know how the people who organized it work and what's really important to them.
and what is that, o please tell us..
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

SAVE ST. ANNíS Ė It is not a historic, Catholic and East Side building. It is a piece of our Buffalo identity. We still own it. The money needed to demolish it and secure a parking lot is enough to keep it going for more longer than people might be lead to believe.
lol

Chelmsford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
SAVE ST. ANNíS Ė It is not a historic, Catholic and East Side building. It is a piece of our Buffalo identity. We still own it. The money needed to demolish it and secure a parking lot is enough to keep it going for more longer than people might be lead to believe.
Close up shop!
anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

The actual St Ann parish was a prolife stronghold for generations. Their position on prolife was more important than their building. The actual St Ann parishioners would never have sought support from proabortion newspapers or proabortion politicians. They would have tried to convert those reporters, not seek their guidance and support. If they were invited to speak to proabortion city council members, they would have used the opportunity to affirm prolife, and traditional marriage, if that were under attack.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
Some people think that St. Annís Church should be demolished. Let them keep their opinion! We want our opinion to be tested through the wisdom and generosity of a lay committee which is committed to evangelization by treasuring our past. Once a beautiful building is go, it is gone forever. Buffalo has already shed too many tears for nothing.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

anon wrote:
The actual St Ann parish was a prolife stronghold for generations. Their position on prolife was more important than their building. The actual St Ann parishioners would never have sought support from proabortion newspapers or proabortion politicians. They would have tried to convert those reporters, not seek their guidance and support. If they were invited to speak to proabortion city council members, they would have used the opportunity to affirm prolife, and traditional marriage, if that were under attack.
The people of St. Ann's have been treated rotten by their leaders and shepherds just like a lot of other good parishioners throughout the diocese. Don't give me that baloney. There are a lot of clergy and other administrators who support gay marriage, married priests , the homosexual life style and women priests. They are doing just fine in the diocese. You are going to blame the faithful at St. Ann who have been thrown out because of a false report and the vindictiveness of Bishop Kmienic? And now this Bishop still won't leave the people alone. There are no good arguments for ripping apart St. Ann's no matter how you try. Too bad the devil won't come up with 1 million dollars. He would be easier to work with. You are all sickening. Let me get the Barf Bag.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
The people of St. Ann's have been treated rotten by their leaders and shepherds just like a lot of other good parishioners throughout the diocese. Don't give me that baloney. There are a lot of clergy and other administrators who support gay marriage, married priests , the homosexual life style and women priests. They are doing just fine in the diocese. You are going to blame the faithful at St. Ann who have been thrown out because of a false report and the vindictiveness of Bishop Kmienic? And now this Bishop still won't leave the people alone. There are no good arguments for ripping apart St. Ann's no matter how you try. Too bad the devil won't come up with 1 million dollars. He would be easier to work with. You are all sickening. Let me get the Barf Bag.
The Buffalo Preservation Board has recognized 7 out of 9 good reasons to save St. Annís.
Apparently, the Diocese does not seem to find any. Somethingís wrong in rotten in the state of Denmark.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely correct - many good parishioners throughout the diocese were treated like garbage by the DOB . We were strung along with empty promises, lied to, manipulated and at the end had the doors to our parish shut down. So we know what you are going through right now. You're right - they are all sickening!
Who Are You

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

[Who are you?? The Balling Company?? A profiteering stooge for years for the Diocese of Buffalo . We will never believe you..You can be sure of that. And all of you in the Diocese , you can be sure that whenever you talk to anybody anywhere you will never be certain that they believe you. Everybody knows you are not to be trusted and never to be believed. The cones on Broadway are really really laughable. Truly lame. Get rid of them as soon as you can. You are obtructing
traffic. Especially the drug dealers coming back from the suburbs.
ANON

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

anon wrote:
Prolife and traditional marriage were not on the agenda. Only demolition of St. Ann. Which would be a travesty and it makes us wonder why it should be a fight at all!. The only thing on the agenda was the LANDMARKING of St. Ann. If it met the criteria or not. The real question is why does it take the non catholics to appreciate the value and meaning of St Ann to the entire area>
It should have never been built in the first place. It's always the clergy gouging money out of the dummy faithful 100 years ago just as today. Too Bad.
anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

The actual St. Ann parish was prolife. Its agenda was totally opposed to the agenda of the current Buffalo News. Abortion is not on the "intended" agenda of the "save St Ann" committee but abortion IS on the agenda of the media, which wants to undermine the Catholic Church, the stronghold of prolife. That's why reporters and editors who themselves never go to any church, are fanatic supporters of anyone who opposes the Catholic Church.(Prolifers seldom get letters to the editor printed, and never get positive coverage of their activities.)
Perhaps abortion isn't on YOUR mind, but consider how other people exploit your committee.
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

anon wrote:
The actual St. Ann parish was prolife. Its agenda was totally opposed to the agenda of the current Buffalo News. Abortion is not on the "intended" agenda of the "save St Ann" committee but abortion IS on the agenda of the media, which wants to undermine the Catholic Church, the stronghold of prolife. That's why reporters and editors who themselves never go to any church, are fanatic supporters of anyone who opposes the Catholic Church.(Prolifers seldom get letters to the editor printed, and never get positive coverage of their activities.)
Perhaps abortion isn't on YOUR mind, but consider how other people exploit your committee.
FINALLY!!!! Something that delights me!!!! Don't be stingy.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

LONG STAND ST. ANNíS - Bernini built the Four Rivers fountain in Piazza Navona in Rome, topping it with a huge obelisk. At first, Romans were skirting around, afraid it would collapse At any moment. Bernini also ridiculed Borromini by sculpting a self-portrait in the fountain as he is protected himself from the falling church built by his rival. After 4 centuries, the obelisk and the church are still standing Ö.
Grace

Niagara Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

Observer wrote:
The Divine Mercy Conference was poorly attended. It was apparently a 'divine fisco'.A lady from West Seneca reported about it.
You have your facts wrong!!! Great job Father Jacek
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Grace wrote:
<quoted text>
You have your facts wrong!!! Great job Father Jacek
Who cares? No one.
anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

I HAVE heard that the cost of living in The Big Apple is quite pricey but a million dollars???????
No good ever comes from ill-gotten gains.
anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

You should have done your homework. I knew for certain that it wasn't our current Bishop.
anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

By the way, it is no longer a secret. I have QUITE the listening audience.
anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

NEW YORK ó The song "Little Tin Box" is from the 1959 musical "Fiorello." Jerry Bock and Iwrote the music and lyrics respectively. It satirized the testimony of various corrupt officials in the administration of New York Mayor James J. Walker, in the early 1930s. One man was asked where he got the money to pay for certain things he could not possibly have afforded on his salary. His answer: "The money came from a little tin box my wife kept on the kitchen shelf."
Any resemblance to Oliver L. North's recent testimony--he said he was able to buy a $7,000 horse for his daughter and an $8,000 car for himself from pocket change he had collected in a "little tin box"--is purely coincidental, and absolutely fascinating.

JUDGE: Mister "X," may we ask you a question?
It's amazing, is it not, that the city pays you slightly less
than 50 bucks a week, yet you've purchased a private yacht?
WITNESS: I am positive Your Honor must be joking. Any working man can do what I have done.
For a month or two I simply gave up smoking and I put my extra pennies one by one
into a Little Tin Box, a Little Tin Box that a little tin key unlocks.
There is nothing unorthodox about a Little Tin Box.
In a Little Tin Box, a Little Tin Box that a little tin key unlocks,
there is honor and purity, lots of security, in a Little Tin Box.
JUDGE: Mister "Y," we've been told you don't feel well, and we know you've lost your
voice, but we wonder how you managed,

on the salary you make, to acquire a new Rolls Royce.
WITNESS: You're implying I'm a crook and I say no sir!
There is nothing in my past I care to hide.
I've been taking empty bottles to the grocer, and each nickel that I got was put aside
into a Little Tin Box, a Little Tin Box that a little tin key unlocks.
In a Little Tin Box, a Little Tin Box there's a cushion for life's rude shocks.
There is faith, hope and charity, hard-won prosperity, in a Little Tin Box.
JUDGE: Mister "Z," you're a junior official, and your income's rather low
yet, you've kept a dozen women in the very best hotels.
Would you kindly explain, how so?
WITNESS: I can see Your Honor doesn't pull his punches and it looks a trifle fishy, I'll admit,
but for one whole week I went without my lunches and it mounted up, Your Honor, bit by bit.
It's just a Little Tin Box, a Little Tin Box that a little tin key unlocks.
In a Little Tin Box, a Little Tin Box all a-glitter with blue-chip stocks,
there is something delectable, almost respectable, in a Little Tin Box!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Newfoundland Discussions

Search the Newfoundland Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Where can you find a good prostitute in St. Joh... (Dec '06) Jul 22 newfie 57
ATV park takes riders through forgotten coal mi... (Oct '10) Jul 19 fandango 30
What's happening in Halton Hills on Canada Day Jul 14 2 killed in crash 2
Cell tower badly needed: Rogers Jul 14 Response to Rogers 3
The search for mental health in a pill Jun 29 STARTS WITH VACCINES 6
We asked: What does being Canadian mean to you?... Jun 27 better than Liberty 1
Widow still waiting for chopper safety change Jun '14 Survey says 1
•••
•••