Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 61062 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

In the Trenches

Paris, France

#57394 Oct 10, 2013
Mary of Magdala wrote:
<quoted text>
C'est un peu exagere.lls sont pauvres, mais fiers.
That's what I remember from my time there - a good amount of West Side pride even with the economic woes. I was there in the mid-90's for a couple of years. Holy Cross was an active place as I recall, though I can't remember the pastor's name. Fr. Rigoli was the pastor at Holy Angels. Both places were welcoming communities, I hope that's still true.
not mike

East Quogue, NY

#57395 Oct 10, 2013
please for the love of me stop it
HELLO O O

Buffalo, NY

#57396 Oct 10, 2013
In the Trenches wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I remember from my time there - a good amount of West Side pride even with the economic woes. I was there in the mid-90's for a couple of years. Holy Cross was an active place as I recall, though I can't remember the pastor's name. Fr. Rigoli was the pastor at Holy Angels. Both places were welcoming communities, I hope that's still true.
Wasn't Immaculate Conception " welcoming" ??
What does welcoming mean anyway?
Anonymous

United States

#57397 Oct 10, 2013
Italians are always creative. In front of the railway station of Padua, a new sign - and in English - for short term parking reads:“ONLY KISS AND PARK”(15 minutes!). One policeman noted:“It seems that is the only road sign Italians observe!”
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#57398 Oct 10, 2013
ANON wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy Cross could be one of the ugliest in anywhere not just in Buffalo. Proof that nobody has any taste anymore. No wonder they want to tear down St. Ann and are happy to have St. Gerard rot. What a great group of losers! And we worry that there is a priest shortage? Too bad they don't all leave immediately. There is no shortage of lazy, louzy ones.
Yeah, what is the story on the move of St. Gerard to Georgia?
In the Trenches

Paris, France

#57399 Oct 10, 2013
HELLO O O wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't Immaculate Conception " welcoming" ??
What does welcoming mean anyway?
The few people I knew from the I C were nice enough, but I had simply found a home elsewhere. By "welcoming" I mean a worship community that isn't closed in on itself. There are parish communities which are less open to strangers than others.
Anonymous

United States

#57400 Oct 10, 2013
The 1st Anniversary medal of Pope Francis misspelled the word JESUS. Thank God Latin is the official language of the Vatican!
Observer

United States

#57401 Oct 12, 2013
Last night the famous St. Peter's Rectory Palace was all illuminated like Versailles.It can tell you that a 'king' lives there.
Observer

United States

#57402 Oct 12, 2013
The Divine Mercy Conference was poorly attended. It was apparently a 'divine fisco'.A lady from West Seneca reported about it.
Observer

United States

#57403 Oct 12, 2013
Which schools are closing in June of 2014? St. Peter's in Lewiston?
not true

North Tonawanda, NY

#57404 Oct 12, 2013
well,she is wrong,there were many people,music was beautiful,speakers were exellent,fr.mazur worked very hard to organized this event,he did great job.money well spend!Everyone enjoyed being there!
Observer wrote:
The Divine Mercy Conference was poorly attended. It was apparently a 'divine fisco'.A lady from West Seneca reported about it.
anonymous

Lancaster, NY

#57405 Oct 12, 2013
Let us remember the good life and deeds of Fr. Joe Moreno today. May God Bless him.
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#57406 Oct 12, 2013
Fading away. John Radice' Spiritus Christi appears to be fading away, just like the hair color of his parishioners.
Blind

United States

#57407 Oct 13, 2013
not true wrote:
well,she is wrong,there were many people,music was beautiful,speakers were exellent,fr.mazur worked very hard to organized this event,he did great job.money well spend!Everyone enjoyed being there!
<quoted text>
Blind leading a blind!
whatever

North Tonawanda, NY

#57408 Oct 13, 2013
what is that supose to mean???
Blind wrote:
<quoted text>Blind leading a blind!
Wonder

Cambridge, MA

#57409 Oct 15, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Rumor has it that you are working on buying Father David a church. Is this true, Lavern?
Will you be furnishing it with all of your Holy relics, statues, baptismal fonts, pictures, etc that you acquired through out the years?
Does that also include the 400,000$ that she and the pedophile laundered from the previous parish?
Lavern

Buffalo, NY

#57410 Oct 15, 2013
Wonder wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that also include the 400,000$ that she and the pedophile laundered from the previous parish?
HEY..... it costs a lot of money to open a new church!
(and I also bought Zsa Zsa a new diamond studded collar)
west sider

Buffalo, NY

#57411 Oct 15, 2013
In the Trenches wrote:
Bonjour a tous!
Could someone tell me what's happening in the parishes on the West Side? I was there many years ago for awhile, around Immaculate Conception, Holy Cross and Holy Angel's parishes. Merci.
Holy Cross is an active Parish, Immaculate is closed, don't know much about HA.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57412 Oct 16, 2013
not true wrote:
<quoted text>
How much money?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57413 Oct 16, 2013
Blind wrote:
<quoted text>Blind leading a blind!
Turning a blind eye is an idiom describing the ignoring of undesirable information.

The phrase to turn a blind eye is attributed to an incident in the life of Admiral Horatio Nelson. Nelson was blinded in one eye early in his Royal Navy career. In 1801, during the Battle of Copenhagen cautious Admiral Sir Hyde Parker, in overall command of the British forces, sent a signal to Nelson's forces giving him discretion to withdraw. Naval orders were transmitted via a system of signal flags at that time. When this order was given to the more aggressive Nelson's attention, he lifted his telescope up to his blind eye, said "I really do not see the signal", and his forces continued to press home the attack.[1][2]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newfoundland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Letter: Most-used libraries among those slated ... May '16 wabush-mines-clos... 1
News Ryan Snoddon: May 24th weekend is looking prett... May '16 Mother Nature 1
News Grant Tapper: charged with sexually assaulting ... (Aug '08) May '16 Sinja 65
News Trudeau government to kick off new pipeline rev... May '16 CBC GEY NEWS at 11 1
News Food for Life distributes to eight Halton Hills... (Sep '15) May '16 sad 2
News Atlantic Canadians watching Fort McMurray wildf... May '16 was it Jooish lig... 1
Thinking of moving to Newfoundland - help and a... (Jan '07) Apr '16 John Bilsbury 82
More from around the web