Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

Full story: WGRZ Buffalo

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.
Comments
55,441 - 55,460 of 58,537 Comments Last updated 12 hrs ago
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
DIVERSITY - "It is extremely dangerous to encourage people to see themselves as exceptional, whatever the motivation… We are all different, but when we ask for the Lord's blessings, we must not forget that God created us equal." (Vladimir Putin in answer to Obama’s American exceptionalism)
Vladimir Putin knows his catechism better than the JF&G people. A friend of mine told me that in Moscow the Communist government is restoring churches where masses are offered also in Spanish, Polish, French and Italian.
shame on them

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Vladimir Putin knows his catechism better than the JF&G people. A friend of mine told me that in Moscow the Communist government is restoring churches where masses are offered also in Spanish, Polish, French and Italian.
Shame on Moscow!
ANON

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Information wrote:
<quoted text>Is the new pastor willing to travel daily from St. Peter's in Lewiston to Youngstown and back?
The Bishop travels from Portland, Maine to Buffalo. It's probably more miles than between Youngstown and Lewiston. Oh, our priests are soooo overworked.
Myth

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

ANON wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bishop travels from Portland, Maine to Buffalo. It's probably more miles than between Youngstown and Lewiston. Oh, our priests are soooo overworked.
Overworked? are you for real? no priest is overworked!
Myth

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

shame on them wrote:
<quoted text>
Shame on Moscow!
Only one. Did Putin rebuild all the churches that Stalin and communist murderers demolished during their 70 years of rule? Close more churches here in Buffalo Diocese.
Anonymous

Lockport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Myth wrote:
<quoted text>Overworked? are you for real? no priest is overworked!
You got that right.
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Myth wrote:
<quoted text>Only one. Did Putin rebuild all the churches that Stalin and communist murderers demolished during their 70 years of rule? Close more churches here in Buffalo Diocese.
Friends familiar with the situation in Moscow tell me that there are now 8 cat5holic churches in Moscow, serving the Latin, Byzantine, and Armenian and ritual churches. There are now about 600 Orthodox places of worship in Moscow, as opposed to 48 before 1990. St Catherine of Alexandria parish serve English speaking Orthodox in Moscow.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

MsgrBadski wrote:
<quoted text> Friends familiar with the situation in Moscow tell me that there are now 8 cat5holic churches in Moscow, serving the Latin, Byzantine, and Armenian and ritual churches. There are now about 600 Orthodox places of worship in Moscow, as opposed to 48 before 1990. St Catherine of Alexandria parish serve English speaking Orthodox in Moscow.
Too bad this is happening!

Hopefully, it will not spread.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

MsgrBadski wrote:
<quoted text> Friends familiar with the situation in Moscow tell me that there are now 8 cat5holic churches in Moscow, serving the Latin, Byzantine, and Armenian and ritual churches. There are now about 600 Orthodox places of worship in Moscow, as opposed to 48 before 1990. St Catherine of Alexandria parish serve English speaking Orthodox in Moscow.
Maybe a little persecution will help revive the Catholic faith in America also.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Myth wrote:
<quoted text>Overworked? are you for real? no priest is overworked!
Are you that for real dumb that you don't know when something is a joke. If this blog is mostly clergy it's very sad. You don't have the least bit of understanding of what is being written. The only thing on your mind is vicious gossip and how to screw the parishes and the parishioners out of their money so you will have more for retirement. Shame on you.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Myth wrote:
<quoted text>Only one. Did Putin rebuild all the churches that Stalin and communist murderers demolished during their 70 years of rule? Close more churches here in Buffalo Diocese.
What are you talking about? Once a church is demolished it's lost forever. Just like when a person is dead . No matter how he died he is still dead. Are the Diocesan wrecking balls so much more dignified or justified? The results are the same except that nobody rebuids.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Myth wrote:
<quoted text> Did Putin rebuild all the churches that Stalin and communist murderers demolished during their 70 years of rule?
Usually, the Commies did not demolish their churches but only toppled the steeple, melting the bells into cannons. Once the churches were silenced and worship ceased - they thought - their atheistic political agenda would prevail. It did not. Russian people remained religious people at heart.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

whats going on in st peters?
did they ever get rid of that offensive statue? what about the stained glass?
why did the fat priest Fr. Stuffed Pierogi leave so suddenly?
why did his replacement leave so suddenly?
do tell do tell
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

What's wrong with Buffalo? No more gossip on this blog?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Anonymous wrote:
Everyone must be on vacation, retreat, pilgrimage, etc.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone must be on vacation, retreat, pilgrimage, etc.
I thought everybody is overworked!:)
Anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
When the issues become too complicated nobody has anything to say.
Making up lies and distorting the truth is much easier. That 8th commandment can be pretty sticky.
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

What is the story on Michael Zuffoletto?
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Were is Mary of Magdala?
GPS

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

MsgrBadski wrote:
Were is Mary of Magdala?
She lost her way.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Newfoundland Discussions

Search the Newfoundland Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Where can you find a good prostitute in St. Joh... (Dec '06) Tue newfie 57
ATV park takes riders through forgotten coal mi... (Oct '10) Jul 19 fandango 30
What's happening in Halton Hills on Canada Day Jul 14 2 killed in crash 2
Cell tower badly needed: Rogers Jul 14 Response to Rogers 3
The search for mental health in a pill Jun 29 STARTS WITH VACCINES 6
We asked: What does being Canadian mean to you?... Jun 27 better than Liberty 1
Widow still waiting for chopper safety change Jun '14 Survey says 1
•••
•••