Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 60957 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#57133 Sep 10, 2013
East Side Reporter wrote:
Anyone know anything new about St Gerard's at Bailey and Delavan? Last Saturday (about 7:30pm) there were a whole crew of landscapers doing a ton of work around there. They had new soil and were trimming and cutting. Seems strange. Never saw much going on around there since the closing. Wondering....A new buyer or potential buyer? Strange to be doing landscaping at this time of year. And it was a landscaping company, not just some people doing it.
Yes, whatever happened to the move of the edifice to Georgia? Did it all fall through?
nun

Buffalo, NY

#57134 Sep 10, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with almost everything you say regarding Sr. Regina Murphy. Several years ago, I had never laid eyes on her until the benefactress invited Fr. David (B) and myself to join her for dinner (dutch treat on my part, as always). I met them at Curly's in Lackawanna and shortly after being seated, Sr. Regina Murphy was seated at the table next to ours (in a nearly empty restaurant), facing me. Fr. David told me who she was and he said that she hated him. I didn't know anything about her at the time only what Fr. said.
Since that time, I have come to hear a lot of things about her. Of the things I have heard regarding her, the ones that have left a lasting impression on me are that in court, she accused me of one lie after another in order to discredit me so that I cannot work for the diocese. She accused me of being anti Catholic, anti gay, pro abortion, of having had an abortion (even came up with a man who was paid to lie and say I had an affair with him), anti nun and so on and so forth. She was unsuccessful in her endeavors but the damage has been done. There is NOW a nun I don't like and it has nothing to do with the habit she wears.
The point of this is to say that throughout this entire blog history, especially the last three and a half years, the one thing that I am certain of is that Fr. David was right, Sr. Regina does not like him. If the JF&G was, indeed, her doing, why were so many of the Polish churches and Polish communities targeted? Hardly any were left unscathed. I have maintained these last three years that the Polish churches were targeted because Fr. David had been named to become the Bishop of Buffalo and one jealous Msgr and one hate-filled nun wanted to destroy what they thought was near and dear to his heart if they weren't successful in destroying his character. I would bet the farm on that.
I believe what you say because you have given a lot of detail. How sad to hear that a nun would do this to you. I would suspect she had a lot of help from the powers that be or were.
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#57135 Sep 11, 2013
Bialokowski for bishop? Give me a break. No way. He did not have further education in Canon law or Theology, which is almost always a pre-requisite for such a position. He had not even achieved the title of Monsignor. But if LiPuma could make it to Vice-Chancellor without even a JCB, I suppose anything is possible. Good to begin the day with a good laugh.
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#57136 Sep 11, 2013
What's story on Zuffoletto? Any assignment?
Information

United States

#57137 Sep 11, 2013
Sr Regina fan wrote:
If ever there was a nun I liked, it was Sr. Regina. She has done so much to destroy and shut down the church in Buffalo and for that, I am eternally grateful. We need more people like her who are willing to help stop Catholicism. Three cheers for Sr. Regina.
Regina looked like a Holloween Hunter with her skirt.
Information

United States

#57138 Sep 11, 2013
MsgrBadski wrote:
What's story on Zuffoletto? Any assignment?
Ask LiPuma!
Information

United States

#57139 Sep 11, 2013
East Side Reporter wrote:
Supposed to be a meeting downtown sometime in September to talk about priest shortages and possible lay people becoming administrators of parishes. Priests have been invited to it.
It was yesterday on September 10, 2013. The most boring experience ever!
Information

United States

#57140 Sep 11, 2013
Sr Regina fan wrote:
If ever there was a nun I liked, it was Sr. Regina. She has done so much to destroy and shut down the church in Buffalo and for that, I am eternally grateful. We need more people like her who are willing to help stop Catholicism. Three cheers for Sr. Regina.
More church buildings should close as promised sex years ago. There is no need for some church buildings in Buffalo, Lackawanna, Dunkirk, Batavia, Niagara Falls, etc.Close them down now and you would have some extra priests available. No need for Lay Administrators as yet! Seminary remain open????
Information

United States

#57141 Sep 11, 2013
When is Sr. Regina's Office going to revisit the places that should be closed? It is almost six years since the closure of some church buildings, and now, nothing is taking place. What is her Office doing all these years? Paying diocesan tax for what?Taxing the parishes for her extravagant gowns?
ANON

Buffalo, NY

#57142 Sep 11, 2013
Information wrote:
When is Sr. Regina's Office going to revisit the places that should be closed? It is almost six years since the closure of some church buildings, and now, nothing is taking place. What is her Office doing all these years? Paying diocesan tax for what?Taxing the parishes for her extravagant gowns?
The meeting is over at the Sem. Everybody is back on the blog. Some bodies may be left there. There were a lot of daggers being thrown around.
One who knows

Buffalo, NY

#57143 Sep 11, 2013
MsgrBadski wrote:
How many DOB priests are foreign born? We can expect the number to go up. right now CTK has four students from Africa and two from Poland.
The DOB does not do well with foreign seminarians.
Opinion

Buffalo, NY

#57144 Sep 11, 2013
Assimilation is against church teaching. It doesn't matter if you disagree. It's not a matter of opinion. This is why we now have "Diversity".
Diversity is not just about gays or women priests. The substandard education is well distributed. Just because you went to an expensive school doesn't mean you are well educated.
Anonymous

United States

#57145 Sep 11, 2013
One who knows wrote:
<quoted text>
The foreign seminarians experiment failed to a great extent due to poor screening. At Christ the King seminary they did not have a proper training. Actually, they were ridiculed for their traditional piety and
and values. Then they were sent for their practicum in suburban parishes where, without any guidance and sometimes bad example, they quickly became enamored of the world.
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#57146 Sep 11, 2013
Information wrote:
<quoted text>More church buildings should close as promised sex years ago. There is no need for some church buildings in Buffalo, Lackawanna, Dunkirk, Batavia, Niagara Falls, etc.Close them down now and you would have some extra priests available. No need for Lay Administrators as yet! Seminary remain open????
Leave Dunkirk out of this. Four out of our five churches have already undergone mergers. St. Mary's and Sacred Heart merged decades ago to become St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish with Sacred Heart Church being demolished. In 2008, St. Hedwig's and St. Hyacinth's merged to become Blessed Mary Angela Parish, which was nearly demolished by Krysa.
One who knows

Buffalo, NY

#57147 Sep 11, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
The foreign seminarians experiment failed to a great extent due to poor screening. At Christ the King seminary they did not have a proper training. Actually, they were ridiculed for their traditional piety and
and values. Then they were sent for their practicum in suburban parishes where, without any guidance and sometimes bad example, they quickly became enamored of the world.
You are correct to a point. The "Spanish-speaking" priest who went to South America lied through his teeth. Even the 1 that became a priest did not get citizenship. He had to join the Army! The DOB promised the boys they would continue their education and be taken care of. They lied and lied and then they blamed the boys. Some were really devoted and would have been excellent priests. Others were here to get out of their country. I blame that stellar priest!
Jacek i Jadwiga

United States

#57148 Sep 11, 2013
Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
Leave Dunkirk out of this. Four out of our five churches have already undergone mergers. St. Mary's and Sacred Heart merged decades ago to become St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish with Sacred Heart Church being demolished. In 2008, St. Hedwig's and St. Hyacinth's merged to become Blessed Mary Angela Parish, which was nearly demolished by Krysa.
You have nothing new to say. You are so repetitive.
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#57149 Sep 11, 2013
Jacek i Jadwiga wrote:
<quoted text>You have nothing new to say. You are so repetitive.
Yeah, like so many on here remember the St. Mary's/Sacred Heart merger I brought up for the first time. Try again.
Rosie O-Donnell

Buffalo, NY

#57150 Sep 11, 2013
Information wrote:
She wears gowms??????

Funny, but I pictured her more in a flannel shirt and baseball cap.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#57151 Sep 11, 2013
One who knows wrote:
<quoted text>
What does the DOB do well exactly, let's make a list. Let's see..........I give up.
LMAO

Buffalo, NY

#57152 Sep 11, 2013
MsgrBadski wrote:
Bialokowski for bishop? Give me a break. No way. He did not have further education in Canon law or Theology, which is almost always a pre-requisite for such a position. He had not even achieved the title of Monsignor. But if LiPuma could make it to Vice-Chancellor without even a JCB, I suppose anything is possible. Good to begin the day with a good laugh.
Bialkowski a bishop....ROFL.....RU serious? They didn't want to make him a pastor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newfoundland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Letter: Most-used libraries among those slated ... May 22 wabush-mines-clos... 1
News Ryan Snoddon: May 24th weekend is looking prett... May 22 Mother Nature 1
News Grant Tapper: charged with sexually assaulting ... (Aug '08) May 19 Sinja 65
News Trudeau government to kick off new pipeline rev... May 17 CBC GEY NEWS at 11 1
News Food for Life distributes to eight Halton Hills... (Sep '15) May 10 sad 2
News Atlantic Canadians watching Fort McMurray wildf... May 4 was it Jooish lig... 1
Thinking of moving to Newfoundland - help and a... (Jan '07) Apr '16 John Bilsbury 82
More from around the web