Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

Full story: WGRZ Buffalo

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.
Comments
55,341 - 55,360 of 58,645 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Cristo

Tonawanda, NY

#57085 Sep 6, 2013
Dunkirk Connection wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait and see.
How Christian of you!
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57087 Sep 7, 2013
Amusing wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound too nice. No amount of prayer will change our good shepherds. They have hardened their hearts around money.
They despise and deride the faithful who disagree with them. They show contempt for those who tell the truth. They mock those who work hard and are just. If you believe them you will always be disappointed. Call this The Psalm of the Diocese of Buffalo.
True. Money is the name of the game. The "faithful" are the least of their worries. MONEY is their main concern.
ANONYMOUS

Buffalo, NY

#57088 Sep 7, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
True. Money is the name of the game. The "faithful" are the least of their worries. MONEY is their main concern.
And hypocrisy the name of the game.
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57089 Sep 7, 2013
ANONYMOUS wrote:
<quoted text>
And hypocrisy the name of the game.
explain please
anon

Buffalo, NY

#57090 Sep 7, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
We/I have made great progress. However, MONEY is still the issue. I am not willing to wait even one more day. I know I have an advocate. If my advocate is not willing to press the necessary charges against those who withhold what is rightfully mine, I respectfully ask for another advocate. I ask the new advocate to involve the media in this, it is about time.
anonymous

Grand Island, NY

#57091 Sep 7, 2013
Those who oppose the DOB on church closings, or anything else, find the local media very accommodating. Their letters to the editor get printed, if they get a small group together a reporter will come over and give generous, favorable coverage.
Most letters to the editor by prolifers do not get printed. If there is a gathering, even a huge gathering of prolifers, the media will either ignore them, give it limited, negative coverage.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#57092 Sep 7, 2013
anonymous wrote:
Those who oppose the DOB on church closings, or anything else, find the local media very accommodating. Their letters to the editor get printed, if they get a small group together a reporter will come over and give generous, favorable coverage.
Most letters to the editor by prolifers do not get printed. If there is a gathering, even a huge gathering of prolifers, the media will either ignore them, give it limited, negative coverage.
Pretty sure this would get more than an 'also ran' buddy.
Great news

Buffalo, NY

#57093 Sep 7, 2013
anonymous wrote:
Good for the media!

P.S.-- I think the pro-lifers are nutty!
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

#57094 Sep 8, 2013
Remember Immaculate Heart of Mary on Edison Street. The parishioners fought to keep the parish pen and even met most of the criteria for so doing. But it was closed anyway. Now most of the parishioners go nowhere, largely due to alienation.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#57095 Sep 8, 2013
MsgrBadski wrote:
Remember Immaculate Heart of Mary on Edison Street. The parishioners fought to keep the parish pen and even met most of the criteria for so doing. But it was closed anyway. Now most of the parishioners go nowhere, largely due to alienation.
Wasn't that Fr. Richard Augustyn's parish?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#57096 Sep 8, 2013
MsgrBadski wrote:
Same story for many parishes. Parishioners fought, met criteria, presented documentation, hired canon lawyers. It meant nothing to the DOB. The nun (Reggie) had her mind made up.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#57097 Sep 8, 2013
There are many assumed reasons why 'his royal highness' had a gag order on this ordeal but the reality is that the victim would NEVER know completely what is/has been done to her. Makes one think it wasn't his first time.
Now that so much has finally been achieved, it appears the nun can remain free as long as she has a job in the diocese (apparently the dob doesn't care if they have convicted criminals on their payroll). Those in the chancery (etc.) who are aiding her in her endeavor risk incarceration/loss of job themselves, I believe. The court has determined that the victim can work for the dob and not have to tolerate her offenders working for the same company.
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

#57098 Sep 8, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>Wasn't that Fr. Richard Augustyn's parish?
Yes.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#57099 Sep 8, 2013
anon wrote:
There are many assumed reasons why 'his royal highness' had a gag order on this ordeal but the reality is that the victim would NEVER know completely what is/has been done to her. Makes one think it wasn't his first time.
Now that so much has finally been achieved, it appears the nun can remain free as long as she has a job in the diocese (apparently the dob doesn't care if they have convicted criminals on their payroll). Those in the chancery (etc.) who are aiding her in her endeavor risk incarceration/loss of job themselves, I believe. The court has determined that the victim can work for the dob and not have to tolerate her offenders working for the same company.
The nun and her accomplices are preventing the victim from receiving her damages, thus enabling the case to close, the victim to go to work for the dob and the nun to begin her sentence. That is criminal and so are you.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#57100 Sep 8, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>The nun and her accomplices are preventing the victim from receiving her damages, thus enabling the case to close, the victim to go to work for the dob and the nun to begin her sentence. That is criminal and so are you.
Just a thought: Why are you so willing to aid the nun in this activity? Is it because you were part of the embezzlement along with her? Did you take part in buying up the closed churches along with the nun and are facing jail yourself or if so, and it hasn't been discovered you were part of it, did she tell you that she would keep quiet about it if you would refuse to give the victim her money?
anon

Buffalo, NY

#57101 Sep 8, 2013
I didn't agree to any 'gag order'. It is inhumane and it is time to lift it. I have enough information to sink this ship and I have an email ready to send to The Buffalo News. If they have somehow been forwarned, I will send it to every news agency I can find an email address (or snail mail) until I get somebody's attention. For the criminals who remain at large, you have gotten on my last nerve. You will suffer the most. Tomorrow is the email due date. Every single person involved in this from the lowliest to the VERY HIGHEST knows I have the goods. You've got until tomorrow. Somebody will have to speak or the mailings begin.
anonymous

Grand Island, NY

#57102 Sep 8, 2013
Those who oppose the Pope or bishop for ANY reason will find it easy to get their views in the media. This is not because the media cares about churches - in fact they are opposed to everything St. Ann Church stood for. This is because the media is opposed to the Catholic Faith. When you see the friendly news coverage about heroic parishioners standing up to the DOB, remember that newspaper or TV station supports abortion, opposes the traditional family, opposes the New Testament, opposes everything the real St. Ann, St. Adalbert, St. Mary, St. Catherine, and all the other saints taught in their lifetime. People who want to share the ideals of the real St. Ann, St. Agatha, St. Luke, St. Joachim, etc, can't access the media.
Amusing

Buffalo, NY

#57103 Sep 8, 2013
anon wrote:
I didn't agree to any 'gag order'. It is inhumane and it is time to lift it. I have enough information to sink this ship and I have an email ready to send to The Buffalo News. If they have somehow been forwarned, I will send it to every news agency I can find an email address (or snail mail) until I get somebody's attention. For the criminals who remain at large, you have gotten on my last nerve. You will suffer the most. Tomorrow is the email due date. Every single person involved in this from the lowliest to the VERY HIGHEST knows I have the goods. You've got until tomorrow. Somebody will have to speak or the mailings begin.
So what are you waiting for. A pay off for yourself? We will all understand that. This is Buffalo, everybody's related
anon

Buffalo, NY

#57104 Sep 8, 2013
Amusing wrote:
<quoted text>
So what are you waiting for. A pay off for yourself? We will all understand that. This is Buffalo, everybody's related
Wrong. Just want my life (or ANY life) back. AZZHOLE!
Anon

North Tonawanda, NY

#57105 Sep 8, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
You are joking of course! Most of the people on this blog are too stupid to understand.
LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newfoundland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time to move on from feud with Harper and MacKa... Aug 14 Mac 1
Reiko Okamoto Organ Concert, August 14, 2014, 7... Aug 14 Switches 8
Where can you find a good prostitute in St. Joh... (Dec '06) Aug 12 sexysammie 63
.....POSTAL...UNION///Hamas... Aug 5 SHYKORA PAUL arts 1
Harper marks 100th anniversary of WWI Aug 4 Donald 1
ATV park takes riders through forgotten coal mi... (Oct '10) Jul '14 fandango 30
What's happening in Halton Hills on Canada Day Jul '14 2 killed in crash 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Newfoundland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••