Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 62379 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Anon

Buffalo, NY

#56958 Aug 23, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right. But the diocese doesn't think like we do.
Reggie must want it closed and destroyed like all the churches and strong faith communities she destroyed in 2008.
I HAD A DREAM that God would send an enlightened Bishop with some new ideas about rebuilding the church physically and spiritually.
Instead he sends us a carefree smiley face with the same contempt for his people as his predecessors, and no accountability for his decisions. I just pray that he is not as spiteful and vindictive.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#56959 Aug 23, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Closings must be coming soon. Every time something big is about to happen all this stupidity is posted on the blogs. Stay tuned....
Yes! The Diocesan intelligenzia will tear apart the beautiful churches and sell the items to the suburban vultures waiting to decorate their uninspiring tool shed churches dotting the Benderson landscape.
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#56960 Aug 23, 2013
Just to keep some perspective on this situation. Malone, and most other bishops are probably just as upset at the idea of closing parishes, as the parishioners who are affected. I think most bishops would rather open churches, rather than close them.
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#56961 Aug 23, 2013
Over a year ago, I predicted on this site that church closing would start toward the end of 2013. Looks like I am right again.
Watson

Wethersfield, CT

#56962 Aug 23, 2013
MsgrBadski wrote:
Just to keep some perspective on this situation. Malone, and most other bishops are probably just as upset at the idea of closing parishes, as the parishioners who are affected. I think most bishops would rather open churches, rather than close them.
Suuuuuuure. And bin Laden was upset with the 9/11 attacks. Get real, please.
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

#56963 Aug 23, 2013
MsgrBadski wrote:
<quoted text> Unfortunately true. Marriages and Baptism are headed down, along with the number of ordinations. A "bump" in church life after the election of Francis I? I am yet to see it.
It may take more time or you may be right. However, what ever is going on at St. Thomas Aquinas is true. However, considering that people going to the Masses don't seem to understand our streets, I think they are not from South Buffalo. That being said, it is a mob scene on Saturday and Sunday.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#56964 Aug 23, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Closings must be coming soon. Every time something big is about to happen all this stupidity is posted on the blogs. Stay tuned....
It is obvious that priests and their lackeys are the majority on this blog. When they are too ignorant or too cowardly to discuss the issues, they revert to personal attacks or change the subject in order to distract the dumb public. A lot of us took Poli-Sci 101.
ANONYMUSE

Buffalo, NY

#56965 Aug 23, 2013
MsgrBadski wrote:
Agreed, however, where are their plans for " reconstruction". They only have a plan for De struction. Where is their PRESENCE with the people, that is understanding and compassion and uniting instead of dispersion. They should take their leadership role seriously. Aren't they resposible for their people's souls? They should stand with Christ not on Ceremony.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#56966 Aug 23, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right. But the diocese doesn't think like we do.
Reggie must want it closed and destroyed like all the churches and strong faith communities she destroyed in 2008.
It's very disturbing to see how these operators operate. You can never assume they are telling the truth and you can never count on any good will or charity. The devil is really at work here.
ANONYMUSE

Buffalo, NY

#56967 Aug 23, 2013
One of the prominent Black Churches has offered to help St. Ann with a fundraising campaign. St. Ann already has enough money to begin work on what is deemed important. Why aren't they allowed to go ahead with their work and be left alone. Vatican II said that the Laity should be empowered and make their own decisions regarding their own future. Something is wrong with this picture. Why not leave those people to their own devices.
anonymous

New York, NY

#56968 Aug 24, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Papa Francesco has cancelled his vacation because, he said, he has work to do. He has already met with his Nuntii, possibly to ask them to submit acceptable names for the episcopate. He is now studying carefully many files and soon many diocesan chairs will be filled.
really.
Watson

Boston, MA

#56969 Aug 24, 2013
ANONYMUSE wrote:
One of the prominent Black Churches has offered to help St. Ann with a fundraising campaign. St. Ann already has enough money to begin work on what is deemed important.
Which prominent Black church? Was this announced in a media release, or on a social site?
anonymous

New York, NY

#56970 Aug 24, 2013
Wasn't there something some time ago on this blog indicating that St. Ann's is no longer owned by the Diocese? If that is true, how can the Diocese demolish a building that doesn't belong to them?
Anonymous

United States

#56971 Aug 24, 2013
ANONYMUSE wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, however, where are their plans for " reconstruction". They only have a plan for De struction. Where is their PRESENCE with the people, that is understanding and compassion and uniting instead of dispersion. They should take their leadership role seriously. Aren't they resposible for their people's souls? They should stand with Christ not on Ceremony.
If you expect leadership in this diocese, you are looking for Godot. Too many zealous priests and committed lay people ended up on the guillotine of political correctness, slander and careerism.
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#56972 Aug 24, 2013
So, Paladino is getting the Holy angels property. More condos and apartment?
MsgrBadski

Riverside, CT

#56973 Aug 24, 2013
The Jesuits had the good sense to leave St. Ann's years ago. They are still holding on at St. Michael's. But the priests there are past their prime and ultimately, they will have to pull out there, too. Some of the priests there have a few emotional problems. It has been known for a while to be a dumping ground for Jesuits, who could function up to par. My sources: several Jesuits in the NY Province.
Prete

United States

#56974 Aug 25, 2013
Did the 'famous prete' arrive in Lewsiton with great pomp and circumstance?
Prete

United States

#56975 Aug 25, 2013
Any spaceial jazz for the new prete at St. Peter's in Lewiston? How long will school survive?
Prete

United States

#56976 Aug 25, 2013
pardon my error, should be special! scusate prego prete!
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#56977 Aug 25, 2013
MsgrBadski wrote:
Can't agree with you there Rev. When was the last time a Bishop stood with the people and encouraged them let alone help them with a restoration plan? Has Bishop Malone ever been inside St. Ann's?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newfoundland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Supreme Court Chief Justice Beverley McLachlin ... Jun 16 pretty closed club 1
News The GPS of its time: Surveyor James Cook rememb... Jun 16 Sub hit by while ... 1
News Liberals to spend nearly $2.5-billion to keep u... Jun 16 Sub hit by while ... 1
News 3-year wait for psychiatrist too long, says Ste... Jun 8 Humanspirit 1
News Human Rights Commission recognizes Internationa... May '17 Jeeshush Sheeeria 1
News Editorial: Young and homeless May '17 LMLS 1
News Cell tower badly needed: Rogers (Jul '14) May '17 just like here 6
More from around the web