Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 62441 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#56274 Jul 5, 2013
Dunkirk Connection wrote:
What a shame JPII's thunder is being stolen by the impending canonization also of John XXIII. What contributions did he make other than to call the Second Vatican Council resulting in all those empty pews one has seen ever since. And for that he is a saint???? Oh Boze!
JPII was no saint!!!!!!! He was a nasty old man who did a lot to harm the Church. The Poles adore him because he is Polish...that's his claim to fame.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#56275 Jul 5, 2013
What a shame JPII's thunder is being stolen by the impending canonization also of John XXIII. What contributions did he make other than to call the Second Vatican Council resulting in all those empty pews one has seen ever since. And for that he is a saint???? Oh Boze!
What did JPII do but preside over the Catholic Church while thousands of little children were buggered by priests and then protected by Bishops? What did JPII do besides allow millions to die of AIDS in Africa for lack of a rubber?
Read a Biography of Papa Giovanni and you will eliminate some of your ignorant suppositions about John XXIII.
James Hennelly

Bayonne, NJ

#56276 Jul 5, 2013
As much as this blog/bulletin board has been incensed by the lack of leadership in WNY, so too are so many, Miss Dupa, with lack of overight exercised by John Paul II.

To think that we are going canonize a cleric who cooperated materially in so much evil is really an insult to Almighty God!

It is a known fact that Escrevia and JPII were der friends. Does this come as any surprise? While we're conniving Karol, lets raise up Josemaris. The whole saint thing became a commercial enterprise under JPI & continues today.

Sad, very sad.

On another note does Art date Ryz? Not oil lowing intimations.

Thanks.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#56277 Jul 5, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Lord.....now there are two of us? LOL! Me thinks this poor soul protests too much! Phil made the point that I could not. Ever been in a rectory? It is a fishbowl. NOTHING goes on that 5 people, at a minimum, know about.
I think you're kind of F R E A K Y...talking to yourself and all.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#56278 Jul 5, 2013
Info wrote:
<quoted text>Learn how to spell his name as new secretary to the bishop. His name is spelled Ryszard, not Ryzard.
Maybe he will make the same accusations against his new employer. He has three years to do it . Let's wait and see.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#56279 Jul 5, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
What did JPII do but preside over the Catholic Church while thousands of little children were buggered by priests and then protected by Bishops? What did JPII do besides allow millions to die of AIDS in Africa for lack of a rubber?
Read a Biography of Papa Giovanni and you will eliminate some of your ignorant suppositions about John XXIII.

Do people in Africa need permission from the Pope in order to purchase rubbers. Aren't there other STDs to worry about besides AIDS. The real problem is the irresponsible, careless behaviour of the African males. Why is everybody so biased and always
tearing somebody apart instead of discussing the issues.
Joachim

West Hartford, CT

#56280 Jul 6, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
Why would Eddie Grosz spend 4 million dollars to renovate Saint Stanislaus? For goodness sakes, I have been there...it is a dump! JohnXXIII saved the church and Francis will bring it all home. The days of Fulton Sheen and the rest are gone. You can scream, but I am not sure anyone is listening. Certainly, not the kids!
Why do you say that St. Stan's is a dump? And interesting remark about Fulton Sheen...what did he do wrong?
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

#56281 Jul 6, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're kind of F R E A K Y...talking to yourself and all.
I think it is a little C R E E P Y that a vicar forane has nothing else to do but trash others.
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

#56282 Jul 6, 2013
Joachim wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you say that St. Stan's is a dump? And interesting remark about Fulton Sheen...what did he do wrong?
271 people attended the three Masses the weekend of June 24-25th. That is an average of 90 people a Mass and they collected about $1,800 which averages about $7.00 a person. Have you seen the place? It is huge. What is the point?
Southern Tier Catholic

Olean, NY

#56283 Jul 6, 2013
Now that Transfiguration Oratory has been sold to St. Joseph's Maronite Church, does anyone know who gets the money from the sale?
Joachim

Newington, CT

#56284 Jul 6, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
271 people attended the three Masses the weekend of June 24-25th. That is an average of 90 people a Mass and they collected about $1,800 which averages about $7.00 a person. Have you seen the place? It is huge. What is the point?
I'm shocked it was THAT many attendees! To average out that 271 figure, is misleading: The 4pm vigil Mass attracts about 20 congregants on a good Saturday. It's even less than that for their 9am Sunday Mass. Must be the Polish Mass (noon) that gets the curve busting, high attendance. My theory...the DOB is using that church for their token "we fixed up this beautiful old church and are keeping it open despite low attendance" trophy. Or, they were able to foresee JPII's fast track to sainthood and will use St. Stan's as a pilgrimage destination of sorts...
James Hennelly

Bayonne, NJ

#56285 Jul 6, 2013
I love how people are so intent on spelling ryzy's name right.

I am still yip us to know about the intimation above about uncle Arty and him.

'Ryzy's Honey, Inc.' can see it now!

Where will Pumer be spending his well earned holiday?

Miss Dupa, could it be in your Florida condo? LOL
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

#56286 Jul 6, 2013
James Hennelly wrote:
I love how people are so intent on spelling ryzy's name right.
I am still yip us to know about the intimation above about uncle Arty and him.
'Ryzy's Honey, Inc.' can see it now!
Where will Pumer be spending his well earned holiday?
Miss Dupa, could it be in your Florida condo? LOL
I find your post interesting but you seem new. If you do not know, I will spell it out....No one says anything about Padre Arturo. Thank you.
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

#56287 Jul 6, 2013
Not the first time been raised eyebrows about personal relations ships in the DOB. Msgr Badame was "friendly" with seminarian Joh W. Tongues really wagged over that one. Some people have short memories.
Anonymous

United States

#56288 Jul 6, 2013
About 16,000 cases of sexual abuse in the military were reported in 2012, a 35 percent surge in the past 2 years. The New York Times estimated that "fewer than 15 percent of sexual assaults ... are ever reported" and "fewer than 1 percent resulted in a court-martial conviction."
On the other hand, 8 cases of abuse of minors by the clergy were reported in 2011. The media do not care for these statistics.
Info

United States

#56289 Jul 6, 2013
Holy Honey wrote:
The cost of Ryszard's holy honey has just sky-rocketed. The soon-to-be Bishop's Secretary will now have Malone bless the bottles of honey, making them double holy. Malone expects a portion of the prophets.
Really?
Info

United States

#56290 Jul 6, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
JPII was no saint!!!!!!! He was a nasty old man who did a lot to harm the Church. The Poles adore him because he is Polish...that's his claim to fame.
JPII was a real saint not like you,goofy and nasty individual.
Info

United States

#56291 Jul 6, 2013
Long live John Paul II!
Info

United States

#56292 Jul 6, 2013
Will Ransomville resident ever become a saint?
Attention New Person

Buffalo, NY

#56293 Jul 6, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
I find your post interesting but you seem new. If you do not know, I will spell it out....No one says anything about Padre Arturo. Thank you.
Mary is Art and it sounds like you hurt her feelings.

P.S. Mary and Phil are the same person. Just an FYI!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newfoundland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News St. John's volunteer, activist Susan Shriner pa... 10 hr Donna Barrett 1
News Woodland council to talk about a sanctuary city... Jul 13 spytheweb 2
Thinking of moving to Newfoundland - help and a... (Jan '07) Jul 10 anbmarks 90
News The meaning of reconciliation: 'We're not anywh... Jul 7 Marked BonerCowSki 3
News As a Newfoundlander born in 1952, I learned a g... Jul 1 Shoe Polish Sheldon 4
News Activist vying for non-binary birth certificate... Jun '17 TerriB1 1
News Supreme Court Chief Justice Beverley McLachlin ... Jun '17 pretty closed club 1
More from around the web