Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 59914 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

#56252 Jul 4, 2013
MsgrBadski wrote:
Ryzard secretary for only three years? Maybe Malone thinks he is moving on in three years.
Or perhaps they took out a threat and gave that scum a token of their appreciation? I could say things that most people do not know but this crap with Fr. is a sham. Fr.'s biggest prob? no street smarts. These wackos made him an easy target for their crap. I believe we once blogged about the stupidity of a 13 yr. old going to the little sem. Do not get me started!!!!!Happy 4th, Phil!
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#56253 Jul 4, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
Or perhaps they took out a threat and gave that scum a token of their appreciation? I could say things that most people do not know but this crap with Fr. is a sham. Fr.'s biggest prob? no street smarts. These wackos made him an easy target for their crap. I believe we once blogged about the stupidity of a 13 yr. old going to the little sem. Do not get me started!!!!!Happy 4th, Phil!
Art, did I hit a nerve? Hey, you can't blame the kid for getting spooked. You in his bed and naked........LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Mary, nobody would get that upset, unless you were Art himself......which you are!!!!!!!!!
anon

Buffalo, NY

#56254 Jul 4, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Art, did I hit a nerve? Hey, you can't blame the kid for getting spooked. You in his bed and naked........LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Mary, nobody would get that upset, unless you were Art himself......which you are!!!!!!!!!
It has been proven (substantiated) that that rumor regarding Fr. Art Smith is not true.
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

#56255 Jul 4, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>It has been proven (substantiated) that that rumor regarding Fr. Art Smith is not true.
Yes, there are several reasons to question the story. First these days guys ,including priests are a bit more uptight about male modesty, Years ago, you could walk around a locker rooom butt naked and go skinny dipping with other guys. That is not true any longer. If one of them was naked in bed or the other walking around in the buff, I am sure, just out of common sense, they would have covered themselves up. there might have been other guys there to demand that they do so. And there is, to the best of my knowledge any record of any disciplinary action being taken against either party. It doesn't prove, but tends to suggest that the incident never happened. I wasn't there, so I can't say with certainty, what did and did not happen.
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

#56256 Jul 4, 2013
If a priest really needs "it" bad, there are websites where he can find "consolation", such as "Rentboy" or " Men4rentnow.com ". Better to go to those sites, rather than find one's name on "bishopaccountability. "
Art

Buffalo, NY

#56257 Jul 4, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>It has been proven (substantiated) that that rumor regarding Fr. Art Smith is not true.
Art, you're making a fool out of yourself. This statement sounds stupid! And things have been substantiated about you......THAT IS WHY YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE A PASTOR AND ARE CONFINED TO NURSING HOME (OLD People) ministry.
Art

Buffalo, NY

#56258 Jul 4, 2013
MsgrBadski wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, there are several reasons to question the story. First these days guys ,including priests are a bit more uptight about male modesty, Years ago, you could walk around a locker rooom butt naked and go skinny dipping with other guys. That is not true any longer. If one of them was naked in bed or the other walking around in the buff, I am sure, just out of common sense, they would have covered themselves up. there might have been other guys there to demand that they do so. And there is, to the best of my knowledge any record of any disciplinary action being taken against either party. It doesn't prove, but tends to suggest that the incident never happened. I wasn't there, so I can't say with certainty, what did and did not happen.
Yes, Phil (Art's dual role), this makes sense. Next time someone wakes up and finds that someone naked got into their bed with them while they were sleeping....don't be alarmed or uptight.....your being overly sensitive because of male modesty.

This one goes down as a typical Art statement and a classic.
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

#56259 Jul 5, 2013
Ryzard and Art were both cited as model priests on Szczesny's vocation site. If the allegations against Ryzard and Art were true, it is highly unlikely that they would have been cited as model priests. I know Father Szczesny is frustrated with his inability to attract new candidates for the ministry, but I don't think he is so desperate as to cite knowingly individuals that he would have to have known are less than moral.
Info

Buffalo, NY

#56260 Jul 5, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Garbage can? Same can that Mazur was assigned?
That is what Mazur deserved in the Falls! Good enough for him!
Info

Buffalo, NY

#56261 Jul 5, 2013
MsgrBadski wrote:
Ryzard and Art were both cited as model priests on Szczesny's vocation site. If the allegations against Ryzard and Art were true, it is highly unlikely that they would have been cited as model priests. I know Father Szczesny is frustrated with his inability to attract new candidates for the ministry, but I don't think he is so desperate as to cite knowingly individuals that he would have to have known are less than moral.
Learn how to spell his name as new secretary to the bishop. His name is spelled Ryszard, not Ryzard.
Info

Buffalo, NY

#56262 Jul 5, 2013
MsgrBadski wrote:
What about the 'peepshow moderator?'
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#56263 Jul 5, 2013
Info wrote:
<quoted text>What about the 'peepshow moderator?'
Nice try.......you know that the article was "before" the incident. Be honest now! But again, nice try!
makes sense

Buffalo, NY

#56264 Jul 5, 2013
MsgrBadski wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, there are several reasons to question the story. First these days guys ,including priests are a bit more uptight about male modesty, Years ago, you could walk around a locker rooom butt naked and go skinny dipping with other guys. That is not true any longer. If one of them was naked in bed or the other walking around in the buff, I am sure, just out of common sense, they would have covered themselves up. there might have been other guys there to demand that they do so. And there is, to the best of my knowledge any record of any disciplinary action being taken against either party. It doesn't prove, but tends to suggest that the incident never happened. I wasn't there, so I can't say with certainty, what did and did not happen.
I can see that it was a misunderstanding.

Scenario:

Ryszard gets a phone call from Poland....it's urgent.

Art takes the call, but finds Ryszard sleeping.

Art doesn't want to wake Ryszard as he knows he was exhausted from taking care of his hives.

Art is afraid Ryszard will wake up and head out to his bees and he might miss him to give him the message.

Eureka........Art thinks.....hey if I jump into his bed.....he'll see me and I won't miss him.

Art still worries that this might not catch his attention.......so he takes his clothes off to get his attention more.

All easy to believe......reasonable......a nd makes sense.
Orrrrrrrrr

Buffalo, NY

#56265 Jul 5, 2013
Art is a true priest.....

He is always thinking of others instead of himself...

A poor person came to the door.....

Art gave him the clothes off his back and other parts.....

Heading back up to his room, he gets a chill and become disoriented..........

He confuses his room and ends up in bed naked with Ryszard.

Ryszard misinterprets the whole thing... not knowing Art just gave his clothes to a poor person at the door.

Again, easy to believe and reasonable.
Orrrrrrrrr still

Buffalo, NY

#56266 Jul 5, 2013
Art is exhausted after a hard day of pastoring his people......

Art is in bed innocently sleeping......

Someone sneaks in to play an early April Fools joke on Art......

The person sneaks into Art's room...undresses him...and carries Art into Ryszards' room and places him in the bed.

Again, makes sense and you can see the mix up.
Anonymous

United States

#56267 Jul 5, 2013
For a summary of stories about the Vatican Bank, rea

http://ncronline.org/blogs/all-things-catholi... .
But...
How is it that nobody in this part of the Atlantic speaks about JC Morgan, the Bank of Italy and Credito Artigiano where the real problems started?
Holy Honey

Buffalo, NY

#56268 Jul 5, 2013
The cost of Ryszard's holy honey has just sky-rocketed. The soon-to-be Bishop's Secretary will now have Malone bless the bottles of honey, making them double holy. Malone expects a portion of the prophets.
Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#56269 Jul 5, 2013
What a shame JPII's thunder is being stolen by the impending canonization also of John XXIII. What contributions did he make other than to call the Second Vatican Council resulting in all those empty pews one has seen ever since. And for that he is a saint???? Oh Boze!
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

#56270 Jul 5, 2013
Art wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Phil (Art's dual role), this makes sense. Next time someone wakes up and finds that someone naked got into their bed with them while they were sleeping....don't be alarmed or uptight.....your being overly sensitive because of male modesty.
This one goes down as a typical Art statement and a classic.
Good Lord.....now there are two of us? LOL! Me thinks this poor soul protests too much! Phil made the point that I could not. Ever been in a rectory? It is a fishbowl. NOTHING goes on that 5 people, at a minimum, know about.
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

#56271 Jul 5, 2013
MsgrBadski wrote:
Excellent post. I wonder who is so sfraid of Fr. that they must continue their nonsense?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newfoundland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Red Deer accommodating growing Filipino community Sat Heydrich 4
News Faroese man charged in air rage case (Jun '10) Jul '15 YoyoMoFo 2
News Winnipeg's parks -- spring into them (Apr '13) Jun '15 JUSTIN TRUDEAU 9
News St. John's United to host Hymns for Haiti (Jan '10) Jun '15 now Nepal 3
News RCMP 'inept, outdated,' Cummins says (Nov '11) Jun '15 Mike 5
News Hamilton, Thunder Bay had most hate crime in Ca... Jun '15 Medewiwin 1
News Pot is no risk-free high for teens with develop... Jun '15 HumanSpirit 1
More from around the web