Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 61137 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#56153 Jun 28, 2013
Kosciol Trojcy Swietej wrote:
Do I recall someone on this blog stating that the Bishop was not going to allow any more weddings at Holy Trinity in the Falls?
This couple was united in "Holy Matrimony" on June 15, 2013.
http://www.historicht.org/WeddingArchives2.ht...
So is Holy Trinity still a church, where "Holy Matrimony" is recognized by the Catholic Church?
Good question. Are weddings and funerals allowed again? Wedding two weeks ago, funeral tomorrow. So are they allowed again or not? Story changes every few months. Yes or No.
Bride

Buffalo, NY

#56154 Jun 28, 2013
Can I have a wedding Mass at Holy Trinity? If I have the ceremony only without the Mass, is my marriage recognized in the Catholic Church?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#56155 Jun 28, 2013
Anyone know the answers to these questions?
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#56156 Jun 28, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
CC is the Church that should close.
what a waste
A waste of what? Do we all have to be forced to go to mass in a toolshed in suburbia?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#56157 Jun 28, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
Anyone know the answers to these questions?
Yes, we are "clueless". No one has a straight answer.
anon

New York, NY

#56158 Jun 28, 2013
Bride wrote:
Can I have a wedding Mass at Holy Trinity? If I have the ceremony only without the Mass, is my marriage recognized in the Catholic Church?
I just visited their website ( http://www.historicht.org/ ) and do not see that they offer a nuptial mass. It is expected that two practicing Catholics (you need to be a practicing Catholic to be married in a Catholic nuptial) will be married at a mass in a Catholic church.
anon

New York, NY

#56159 Jun 28, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question. Are weddings and funerals allowed again? Wedding two weeks ago, funeral tomorrow. So are they allowed again or not? Story changes every few months. Yes or No.
Their website does NOT mention that Catholic weddings/Mass of Christian burial are offered there.
anon

New York, NY

#56160 Jun 28, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Historic Holy Trinity wedsite ( http://www.historicht.org/ ) an obituary for a woman who was buried from there last November stated: "Mass of Christian Burial was held on Saturday at 10:00 AM at Historic Holy Trinity Church, 1419 Falls Street, Niagara Falls, NY, with Rev. Jacek P. Mazur officiating." Could be that the person who wrote the obituary did not know the difference between a Mass of Christian burial and say, a memorial service.
anon

New York, NY

#56161 Jun 28, 2013
According to Historic Holy Trinity website, they are offering Holy Matrimony (no mention of a Nuptial Mass) and Wakes/Memorial Services. In April of this year, a wake took place there and the Mass of Christian Burial was in St. Mary's church. There is mention twice of a Mass of Christian burial at Holy Trinity both late last year and another this past January.
There should be no Mass of Christian burial offered there and no Nuptial Mass offered there.
anon

New York, NY

#56162 Jun 28, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
A waste of what? Do we all have to be forced to go to mass in a toolshed in suburbia?
What do you mean?
anon

New York, NY

#56163 Jun 28, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
CC is the Church that should close.
what a waste
What difference does it make what YOU think? Has CC been closed by the diocese? I haven't heard that it has; therefore it is open until a bishop closes it.
anonymous

Lancaster, NY

#56164 Jun 28, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>What difference does it make what YOU think? Has CC been closed by the diocese? I haven't heard that it has; therefore it is open until a bishop closes it.
CC is pitching tonite for the NY Yankees.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#56165 Jun 28, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>CC is pitching tonite for the NY Yankees.
He lost too!
Pastors Column

Buffalo, NY

#56166 Jun 29, 2013
I am very happy to report that the profits from our annual Chicken Barbeque were the lowest our parish has ever made. I look at it as another first. And to be honest it really doesn't matter, since the Fathers Day envelopes brought me well over $3000. I think I'll go on a cruise and enjoy myself with the extra cash. Don't worry about seeing me too much in the parish: my cruises don't count toward my vacation time, which means I will have plenty of time away from the parish throughout the coming months.
PhD
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#56167 Jun 29, 2013
Pastors Column wrote:
I am very happy to report that the profits from our annual Chicken Barbeque were the lowest our parish has ever made. I look at it as another first. And to be honest it really doesn't matter, since the Fathers Day envelopes brought me well over $3000. I think I'll go on a cruise and enjoy myself with the extra cash. Don't worry about seeing me too much in the parish: my cruises don't count toward my vacation time, which means I will have plenty of time away from the parish throughout the coming months.
PhD
He's not the only one. Endless vacations, pilgrimages, retrets - it's the name of the game.
MsgrBadski

Selden, NY

#56168 Jun 29, 2013
Do Grosz and Mancuso still celebrate in the Ukrainian rite? Any other bi-ritual priests in the DOB?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#56169 Jun 30, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
My WHOLE family left there because of that group of evil people at Corpus Christi.
and they are still at it.
We belonged there since the 1920's, and saw the rise and fall of that parish. Those know it all's have destroyed it again.
That X priest "Anselm" damaged Corpus Christi beyond repair.
He fooled them for too long. He is a Phoney.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#56170 Jun 30, 2013
I think the best way for me to deal with you is to take this to a different level.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#56171 Jun 30, 2013
Mmmmm.......big news happening in the Diocese, yet Phil and Artie don't seem to know. I would think this news would be a great discussion on here.

Ding Dong, guess who's gone?
Bee Knees

Buffalo, NY

#56172 Jun 30, 2013
Welcome, Honey Bee!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newfoundland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thinking of moving to Newfoundland - help and a... (Jan '07) Jun 30 Quidi Vidi kid 85
News CODCO's Greg Malone to be recognized by ACTRA (Sep '15) Jun 25 Dying Smoker 2
JUSTIN TRUDEAU ! Already a World Statesman ! (Nov '15) Jun 25 Dying Smoker 2
News Moose beating remains a mystery (Aug '09) Jun 25 Dying Smoker 2
News Letter: Most-used libraries among those slated ... May '16 wabush-mines-clos... 1
News Ryan Snoddon: May 24th weekend is looking prett... May '16 Mother Nature 1
News Grant Tapper: charged with sexually assaulting ... (Aug '08) May '16 Sinja 65
More from around the web