Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

Full story: WGRZ Buffalo

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Comments (Page 2,721)

Showing posts 54,401 - 54,420 of57,927
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
If there are no people going to church, a museum is the next best thing and the only thing Buffalonians think of. Instead of one good local history museum, let's have a lot of mediocre ones on every corner. None of them would fit the definition of museum. It must have killed them to give some credit to Father Segundo who gathered all of those items. And he wasn't even from southern Italy. I would still like to know who framed him.
I thought Brandone young collected so much of that stuff for St. Anthony's
And furthermore, where is he???
Anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Which part of your body does the thinking Don't scare us please.
anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
And furthermore...W H O is he?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Which part of your body does the thinking Don't scare us please.
No, seriously, I thought Brandone was such an active part of that Parish. He has not been around when I go there for Mass.
Saint Secondo the Martyr

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
If there are no people going to church, a museum is the next best thing and the only thing Buffalonians think of. Instead of one good local history museum, let's have a lot of mediocre ones on every corner. None of them would fit the definition of museum. It must have killed them to give some credit to Father Segundo who gathered all of those items. And he wasn't even from southern Italy. I would still like to know who framed him.
If it did kill them to mention his name.....all they would have had to do is not mention his name and say these are statues and things we had at the church.
Martino and Lucia

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

We are upset that we have been pushed out of our home at our beloved church. We have made a lot of money off the parish and off of church history. If we were not pushed out maybe this museum could have benefited us. We are hurt that this has happened without us. Tony you have defeated us and now we are gone.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Martino and Lucia wrote:
We are upset that we have been pushed out of our home at our beloved church. We have made a lot of money off the parish and off of church history. If we were not pushed out maybe this museum could have benefited us. We are hurt that this has happened without us. Tony you have defeated us and now we are gone.
What kind of dumb @#$%&*%$#@*&^%$fool are you. Why don't you stop with the personal attacks and concentrate on making money from the museum. The dollars will be pouring in, then roll them and stuff them up your cannolis until they come out the other end.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

St. Ann's Shrine is defying the pragmatic, tasteless and groundless thinking
of those who think that buildings don't matter. Congrats to the wise and hardworking people (not all Catholic, who want to preserve one of the most significant testimonies of Buffalo heritage.
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of dumb @#$%&*%$#@*&^%$fool are you. Why don't you stop with the personal attacks and concentrate on making money from the museum. The dollars will be pouring in, then roll them and stuff them up your cannolis until they come out the other end.
Lucy and Martin ------ STOP!!!!!!!!!!

Enough!!!!!!!!!

You have lost the fight ---- you have been defeated.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
St. Ann's Shrine is defying the pragmatic, tasteless and groundless thinking
of those who think that buildings don't matter. Congrats to the wise and hardworking people (not all Catholic, who want to preserve one of the most significant testimonies of Buffalo heritage.
Viva Santa Ana and Pancho Villa and Benito Juarez. Does Buffalo deserve or appreciate a Church like St. Ann? Most likely not.
So either repairs cost 1 dollar or 1 million, our illustrious Bishops will want to say no.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Martino and Lucia wrote:
Thank you for insulting all of us who have volunteered on Church history books and anniversary books all over this diocese. I suppose you think we all got rich. Do you have any idea how many church booklets and brochures these two people have produced even in the non catholic churches and payed for themselves? What's the matter with you people at St. Anthony's, can't the monsignor control you?
Control

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for insulting all of us who have volunteered on Church history books and anniversary books all over this diocese. I suppose you think we all got rich. Do you have any idea how many church booklets and brochures these two people have produced even in the non catholic churches and payed for themselves? What's the matter with you people at St. Anthony's, can't the monsignor control you?
No, we are adults, we are not controlled by anyone, including the monsignor. The two of you sucked up what our parish could give because you were both greedy people. Now you are at two other parishes to suck up whatever they have to offer you.
Daughter of Anzelm

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

And on the 3,128,975,747,283,932,859,143, 039,298,104th day, God created me through the love of my Earth parents. I am the new Christ child. Daughter of the one and sister of Jesus. Follow me as I rid the Catholic Church of its lies and heresies starting with the evil of Pani Andy Golembiowski and rest of the devil's workings inside of Corpus Christi Church.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Daughter of Anzelm wrote:
And on the 3,128,975,747,283,932,859,143, 039,298,104th day, God created me through the love of my Earth parents. I am the new Christ child. Daughter of the one and sister of Jesus. Follow me as I rid the Catholic Church of its lies and heresies starting with the evil of Pani Andy Golembiowski and rest of the devil's workings inside of Corpus Christi Church.
My WHOLE family left there because of that group of evil people at Corpus Christi.
and they are still at it.
We belonged there since the 1920's, and saw the rise and fall of that parish. Those know it all's have destroyed it again.

“Dorata's worthless turd”

Since: Mar 09

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
My WHOLE family left there because of that group of evil people at Corpus Christi.
We belonged there since the 1920's, and saw the rise and fall of that parish. Those know it all's have destroyed it again.
Forget it dat pest. Today is new days wit new beginning.

Crawl it back on dem handsel and knees to beg it for forgiveness.
Den yust bowl.
Daughter of Anzelm

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
My Father's judgement will be passed on them all.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

From the history of the church, I know that the museum at St. Anthony's was announced and started with the historic photo exhibit in June 1990. This was researched, curated and created by Fr. Segundo. Soon after, a display case of several artifacts was shown in the rectory office. Practically all the items of the museum were bought and/or collected by Fr. Segundo. A pavillion to host the musuem was also commissioned to a local architect. When the photo exhit was first shown in the Social Center, a "black hand" was found under the door and an anonymous letter asked why the exhibit did not incloude a photo of Mussolini. Some people also objected to the Italian flag waving next to the American flag in the hall.
MsgrBadski

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

More funerals,etc. at OLV, people know that it will never close. Father Baker made sure of that.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

MsgrBadski wrote:
More funerals,etc. at OLV, people know that it will never close. Father Baker made sure of that.
What was Fr. Baker thinking, spending all that money in a poor area at that time? Couldn't the money have been better spent?
Isn't that the thinking today? Who needs all that expensive marble
St. Michaels should be sufficient, after all it's not about the buildings, especially in Lackawanna. St Barbara, you are missed.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
What was Fr. Baker thinking, spending all that money in a poor area at that time? Couldn't the money have been better spent?
Isn't that the thinking today? Who needs all that expensive marble
St. Michaels should be sufficient, after all it's not about the buildings, especially in Lackawanna. St Barbara, you are missed.
Francesco has just put his papal apartment up for rent!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 54,401 - 54,420 of57,927
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Newfoundland Forum right now

Search the Newfoundland Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Coleman family among Corner Brook anti-abortion... 19 hr Robert 1
Websites for Newfoundland? 22 hr Chris 1
Montrealer wants national day for Terry Fox on ... Apr 16 UNESCO cancer cause 1
Temporary Foreign Worker program sanctions targ... Apr 15 Ronald 1
Where can you find a good prostitute in St. Joh... (Dec '06) Apr 14 Bro Phee 51
St. John's parish awarded to S.J. diocese Apr 13 RevKen 2
Victoria McDonald's blacklisted amid foreign wo... Apr 9 Modern Slavery 2
•••
•••