Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

Full story: WGRZ Buffalo

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.
Comments
54,181 - 54,200 of 58,649 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#55905 May 23, 2013
Polonia Phil wrote:
<quoted text> I think you're right, Mary. I know Bigelow and Herberger were well regarded in the parishes, in which they served.
Phil sounds out of touch!

Bigelow had problems galore.

Have you forgot the very public problems that caused his removal from a certain parish? Hint: Duane Klizak and Sister Rachel.

Or the mass exodus from Holy Family when he caused tremendous upset?

Or when he was serving as administrator during Joe Fiore's absence and again caused upheaval in that parish?

Or the feud in Warsaw?

Etc., etc., etc.

Glad to see Phil is well informed.
Polonia Phil

Mohegan Lake, NY

#55906 May 23, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Phil sounds out of touch!
Bigelow had problems galore.
Have you forgot the very public problems that caused his removal from a certain parish? Hint: Duane Klizak and Sister Rachel.
Or the mass exodus from Holy Family when he caused tremendous upset?
Or when he was serving as administrator during Joe Fiore's absence and again caused upheaval in that parish?
Or the feud in Warsaw?
Etc., etc., etc.
Glad to see Phil is well informed.
Yes, I am aware of at least some of these problems, but there are some people who still say nice things about Bigelow, in several parishes, where he served.
Mary of Magdela

Salamanca, NY

#55907 May 23, 2013
Polonia Phil wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, I am aware of at least some of these problems, but there are some people who still say nice things about Bigelow, in several parishes, where he served.
I would not take these ramblings too seriously. The HF stuff is crap. I happen to know many parishioners there that really loved having him. This bitter person finds nothing good about anyone. Maybe it is their personal circumstances that make them so bitter
AmPol Eagle

Buffalo, NY

#55908 May 23, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
I am confused. Didn't he get an award from the official Polish newspaper?
Everyone is trying to figure out what qualified him for any kind of award - especially a "Polish" award, since he doesn't even have the ability to pronounce his name in Polish. Perhaps he received it for serving champagne at St. Mary's when it was announced the Polish Church of Niagara Falls was closing. But if it wasn't for that, it might have been for being the biggest clerical lush in the DOB. And for this he would be very deserving. His staff claims he has about 4-6 very strong Manhattans every day. They get a kick out of watching him stir his drink with his finger. Hopefully, he washed it before stirring! Maybe he didn't and he prefers it that way, sort of like the bitters that go into a Manhattan. He definitely needs help controlling his out-of-control drinking habits!
Pot Calls Kettle

Buffalo, NY

#55909 May 23, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
I would not take these ramblings too seriously. The HF stuff is crap. I happen to know many parishioners there that really loved having him. This bitter person finds nothing good about anyone. Maybe it is their personal circumstances that make them so bitter
Art, read your past posts!
Pot Calls Kettle

Buffalo, NY

#55910 May 23, 2013
Polonia Phil wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, I am aware of at least some of these problems, but there are some people who still say nice things about Bigelow, in several parishes, where he served.
There are some people who say nice things about the other priests you criticize too! So, I've missed your point.
Anon

Buffalo, NY

#55911 May 23, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that fair? There are some contemporary priests have done a good job. Can't you name some a little younger? LOL!
Sorry, these contemporaries that are left are lightweight. The rest have been driven out. It's not LOL we are SOL.
Mary of Magdela

Salamanca, NY

#55912 May 24, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, these contemporaries that are left are lightweight. The rest have been driven out. It's not LOL we are SOL.
What was the purpose? It's not like they have tons to chose from.
Polonia Phil

West Milford, NJ

#55913 May 24, 2013
Whatever happened to Msgr. Alan Zielinski?

“Dorata's worthless turd”

Since: Mar 09

Buffalo, NY

#55914 May 24, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to add Bill Bigelow, Doug May (Maryknoll), Roy Herberger,and Vincent Carroll (Franciscan). Before someone I know has a stroke, Bigelow may be controversial, he is a personal choice. He is a good priest and understands canon law.
Is Pat Keleher one of the good ones?

He knows lots of very rich folk.
The young people seem drawn to him.
I like him.
anonymous

Naples, FL

#55915 May 24, 2013
Polonia Phil wrote:
Whatever happened to Msgr. Alan Zielinski?
I think he suffered a fatal heart attack, while on a golf course, many, many years ago.
Relics

Buffalo, NY

#55916 May 25, 2013
AmPol Eagle wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone is trying to figure out what qualified him for any kind of award - especially a "Polish" award, since he doesn't even have the ability to pronounce his name in Polish. Perhaps he received it for serving champagne at St. Mary's when it was announced the Polish Church of Niagara Falls was closing. But if it wasn't for that, it might have been for being the biggest clerical lush in the DOB. And for this he would be very deserving. His staff claims he has about 4-6 very strong Manhattans every day. They get a kick out of watching him stir his drink with his finger. Hopefully, he washed it before stirring! Maybe he didn't and he prefers it that way, sort of like the bitters that go into a Manhattan. He definitely needs help controlling his out-of-control drinking habits!
Is this the famous relics's priest from the Falls who left about 380,000 dollars of diocesan debt to his successor?
Debt

Buffalo, NY

#55917 May 25, 2013
Is St.Joseph/Mt Carmel's liability close to a million at this time?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#55918 May 25, 2013
Debt wrote:
Is St.Joseph/Mt Carmel's liability close to a million at this time?
Why are they in so much debt? Thought St. Joeseph's was a wealthy parish?
Mary of Magdela

Salamanca, NY

#55919 May 25, 2013
Buffalo BarFly wrote:
<quoted text>
I like him.
I don't know him but I'll take your word for it.
Mary of Magdela

Salamanca, NY

#55920 May 25, 2013
After some thought, I am pretty sure I have met him up at the Neuman Center. I attended a Catholic Worker event and he spoke. I also vaguely remember a youth group thing there for HS'ers.
Champagne Mike

Buffalo, NY

#55921 May 25, 2013
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
I am confused. Didn't he get an award from the official Polish newspaper?
The staff actually tried to reach out and help Champagne Mike with his alcohol problem. One of them called Jacek in Niagara Falls to ask him to talk to Champagne Mike and persuade him to get help for himself, but I guess there was a falling out between them. Not sure what it was over. I wonder if it was over Champagne Mike trying to steal Gary Sage from St. Mary's, so that he could be his new organist?
Pope Francis

Buffalo, NY

#55922 May 25, 2013
Buffalo BarFly wrote:
<quoted text>
I like him.
Never trust trust those drawn to the rich!

“Dorata's worthless turd”

Since: Mar 09

Buffalo, NY

#55923 May 25, 2013
Pope Francis wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, Papa Frank.

I do prefer down-to-earth folk.
My favorites being the Eastside Poles clad in smelly polyester bell-bottoms and sweat-stained bowling shirts.
I notice their aging red and white Buicks in the CC parking lot.

You seem like a good fellow, Papa Frank.
Don't get too big for those fancy red shoes.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#55924 May 25, 2013
Pope Francis wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never met one that isn't drawn to the ones with the large pocketbooks. Magnets. They know how to turn on the charm and reap the benefits

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newfoundland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time to move on from feud with Harper and MacKa... Aug 14 Mac 1
Reiko Okamoto Organ Concert, August 14, 2014, 7... Aug 14 Switches 8
Where can you find a good prostitute in St. Joh... (Dec '06) Aug 12 sexysammie 63
.....POSTAL...UNION///Hamas... Aug 5 SHYKORA PAUL arts 1
Harper marks 100th anniversary of WWI Aug 4 Donald 1
ATV park takes riders through forgotten coal mi... (Oct '10) Jul '14 fandango 30
What's happening in Halton Hills on Canada Day Jul '14 2 killed in crash 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Newfoundland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••