Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 61248 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

anonymous

Lancaster, NY

#53123 Jan 10, 2013
Funerals wrote:
Fr. Zuffoletto just puchased his house in Swormville. Is that for 'private life?'
Why do you care?
Roxy Lang

Buffalo, NY

#53124 Jan 10, 2013
This is Roxy Lang speaking to you. I'm not some coward hiding behind anonymous and I want people who want to get some confirmation of who I am to feel free to friend me on Facebook. I want to go on record as saying that I have no use for the Catholic Church because I feel that they are all a bunch of hypocrites who don't know what they are about but instead do all that they can to pretend to follow the golden rule of life or follow God. Once you go on Facebook you'll see some pretty rotten pictures of a priest on there who was a pervert and who chased after kids in our neighborhood. He is still a pastor at a church. This priest claims to be an intelligent person who holds degrees in psychology and claims to want to help kids. He is a complete fraud and people need to know about him and his games. He showed up at my house a couple years ago during a pool party and when I went into the backyard there he was talking to the kids like he was invited. When I saw him I told him to get out. He didn't do anything but I don't like people like that coming around when he was 4 X their age. I'm sorry but chasing after kids is weird and creepy if you ask me and parents have enough to worry about today without having to deal with crazy priests. Friend me and you can see this creep for yourself.
Sado Masochism

Lancaster, NY

#53125 Jan 10, 2013
A priest in Springfield Illinois was placed on leave after he called 911 for help. Police found him in the rectory handcuffed and gagged. He said he did it himself. Did his lover leave him to be caught?
Anon

Rochester, NY

#53126 Jan 10, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
We have never heard so many people being so hateful and spitelful where have they been hiding all these years. It used to be a nice place. Why are they doing this to themselves.
It is not the people that truly want St, Anthony Parish to stay open and succeed. It is the people that are no longer there that are trying to bring it down, because they thing since they are gone the parish can't succeed. But the Parish will run better now since it is not being used to serve there own personal needs.
Lucia

Buffalo, NY

#53127 Jan 10, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not the people that truly want St, Anthony Parish to stay open and succeed. It is the people that are no longer there that are trying to bring it down, because they thing since they are gone the parish can't succeed. But the Parish will run better now since it is not being used to serve there own personal needs.
What are you trying to say?
Martino

Buffalo, NY

#53128 Jan 10, 2013
Lucia wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you trying to say?
I think they're onto us!
Brendan

Buffalo, NY

#53129 Jan 10, 2013
Guys, I feel so bad that you're talking against the parish so much. That's my job to do and you should not try to steal my thunder.

P.S. That doesn't mean I won't accept a free will offering from either of you toward the Brendan Relief Fund (BRF).
Pat

Buffalo, NY

#53130 Jan 10, 2013
I'm not saying anything in public, I'll wait and do it in private.
Sexondo the Martyr

Buffalo, NY

#53131 Jan 10, 2013
Keep the ball rolling for me, I intend to write a strongly worded letter to the Vatican; I'm still waiting for the rescript.
Lucia

Buffalo, NY

#53132 Jan 10, 2013
Who will feed us?
Martino

Buffalo, NY

#53133 Jan 10, 2013
I've been eating the documents that I stole; they taste good with a little mustard on them.
Lucia

Buffalo, NY

#53134 Jan 10, 2013
You're so wise!
Pat

Buffalo, NY

#53135 Jan 10, 2013
Do you want me to fry the papers up with a little cooking oil and some garlic?
Martino

Buffalo, NY

#53136 Jan 10, 2013
Would we have to pay? We're accustomed to getting things for free since we're more special than everybody else.
Corky

Buffalo, NY

#53137 Jan 10, 2013
Martino wrote:
Would we have to pay? We're accustomed to getting things for free since we're more special than everybody else.
So special that you ride on the short bus and wear a helmet.
Funerals

Buffalo, NY

#53138 Jan 10, 2013
Sexondo the Martyr wrote:
Keep the ball rolling for me, I intend to write a strongly worded letter to the Vatican; I'm still waiting for the rescript.
Are you rolling the balls for the funeral stipends like Jacek Mazur in the Falls?
Anonymous

United States

#53139 Jan 10, 2013
Funerals wrote:
<quoted text>More church building should be closed in Buffalo, Dunkirk, Batavia, Lackawanna, Niagara Falls, and other places. The sooner the better!
When is Buffalo City Hall closing?
Sunny LA

Hadley, MA

#53140 Jan 10, 2013
Funerals wrote:
<quoted text>More church building should be closed in Buffalo, Dunkirk, Batavia, Lackawanna, Niagara Falls, and other places. The sooner the better!
Who in Lackawanna should be closed? We already lost 2 parishes to the JFG ethnic cleansing initiative, plus the natural death of Assumption of the BVM staffed by the Piarists. And this was all in the past 7 years.
anonymous

Lancaster, NY

#53141 Jan 10, 2013
Sunny LA wrote:
<quoted text>
Who in Lackawanna should be closed? We already lost 2 parishes to the JFG ethnic cleansing initiative, plus the natural death of Assumption of the BVM staffed by the Piarists. And this was all in the past 7 years.
Go ask Regina. She will know for sure.
ANON

Buffalo, NY

#53142 Jan 10, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
St. Anthony's is already closed.It used to be open all day every day. Now it's tightly locked up. Stuff that up your cannoli

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newfoundland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cell tower badly needed: Rogers (Jul '14) Aug 4 billion dollar claim 6
Thinking of moving to Newfoundland - help and a... (Jan '07) Jul 28 Very-Tired 86
News Youth arrested on assault and weapons charges i... Jul 26 Pearl 1
News Anti-government activist fired for criticizing ... Jul 25 NFLD 1
News CODCO's Greg Malone to be recognized by ACTRA (Sep '15) Jun '16 Dying Smoker 2
JUSTIN TRUDEAU ! Already a World Statesman ! (Nov '15) Jun '16 Dying Smoker 2
News Moose beating remains a mystery (Aug '09) Jun '16 Dying Smoker 2
More from around the web