Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

Full story: WGRZ Buffalo

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Comments (Page 2,358)

Showing posts 47,141 - 47,160 of58,475
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48806
Jul 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Spell it out. I don't know what you are looking for from me.
Do I support abortion? Absolutely not.
Do I even know anyone who has had or who has considered an abortion? No I don't.
Do I support same-sex marriage? No I do not support that.
Do I support anything other than prolife? No, I don't.
Do I support contraceptive methods not permitted according to Catholic teaching? No I don't support that. However, I have not had to make the difficult decision regarding using ANY kind of contraception since my married life (the ONLY time in my life I have been intimate with anyone) has never produced a pregnancy, contrary to my hopes and desires. By the way, I did not resort to any other means of reproduction. Do I get any points for that? While we had the opportunity to adopt, we never had the means to pay the cost.(My sisters have adopted through Catholic Charities, the last two of which cost them their house, both times). My displaced-steel-worker husband lost 75% of his income from which it took 31 years to recover financially, while not resorting to bankruptcy.
Contrary to what has been written and/or insinuated about me on this blog, I have lead ONE incredibly sheltered life. I went from my parents home to my husbands home. I have never been in an airplane in my life (neither has my husband). I am the second youngest of nine kids to a very Catholic/Irish family. My mother carried 12 pregnancies within a 13 year span, 9 of which survived (no multiples). With no thanks to me nor my single sister, my other siblings have produced enough offspring (and they have produced more) to bring our total to about 75, three of those due within the next two months. I have been a godmother 6 times. My husband is a convert to Catholicism, of his own choosing, I might add.
I have had to take a stand regarding the Catholic church which caused a 5 year rift between my mother-in-law and myself, after which she could not find it in her heart to forgive me for speaking up to her (after 20 years of not speaking up to her) which was not resolved at the time of her death. My husband supported me in the feud. By the way, she was a non-practicing Catholic who did not have the Catholic opportunities that I had and spoke from hurt regarding her mistreatment by the Catholic church. My non-practicing Catholic father-in-law remarried in the Catholic church ten years ago, although he still remembers the hurt. He has considered returning but confession stands in his way.
Of my siblings and myself, there has been no divorce (one church annulment).
I can think of nothing else pertinent to what you might need from me.
I find it incredible that if "Jesus" has chosen me, you question his judgment. I am sorry if you find that offensive but I have been through the mill and I will NOT go quietly into that good night. Although I know my place, you are asking me to lay my life down on a BLOG for all of the world(?) to see. I have done that. That is all there is.
Kathy,
I'm so glad that you are a private person who only shares intimate details with close friends (such as the people on the blog). You have shared so much of yourself with us, but yet you don't say such things to those you don't really know. BTW, we were wondering, could you possibly share with us your underwear size and how often you and Paul make thunder? We think this information will help us to feel closer to you.

XXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO - All of your close friends on the blog.
Tricks

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48807
Jul 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

It was unfair wrote:
<quoted text> It's unfair that Jost did that. Joe Rogliano does that when he goes to a parish. It's like a Rock Star Entourage. When a national entertainer comes to Buffalo they will use people locally, but they always have their base group. This base group knows their kicks. It's right for performances, but not in ministry.
Did they learn their tricks from Jacek Mazur in the Falls. He is an excellent manipulator.
Dream

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48808
Jul 9, 2012
 
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
Who has that kind of money? Amigone?
Another dream about the famous Moderator of Curia.
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48809
Jul 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Dream wrote:
<quoted text>Another dream about the famous Moderator of Curia.
Yes, Slub-dub would have nade a great bishop. Unfortunately, his clay feet have been exposed.
anonimous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48810
Jul 10, 2012
 
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Kathy,
I'm so glad that you are a private person who only shares intimate details with close friends (such as the people on the blog). You have shared so much of yourself with us, but yet you don't say such things to those you don't really know. BTW, we were wondering, could you possibly share with us your underwear size and how often you and Paul make thunder? We think this information will help us to feel closer to you.
XXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO - All of your close friends on the blog.
Not ALL of her friends on the blog....just those who are headed to the pokey or already there.
anonimous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48811
Jul 10, 2012
 
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Kathy,
I'm so glad that you are a private person who only shares intimate details with close friends (such as the people on the blog). You have shared so much of yourself with us, but yet you don't say such things to those you don't really know. BTW, we were wondering, could you possibly share with us your underwear size and how often you and Paul make thunder? We think this information will help us to feel closer to you.
XXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO - All of your close friends on the blog.
By the way, from how I hear it, she didn't need to tell YOU anything. You took what you wanted from her via surveillance DAILY and had your little way with yourself. Brava!!!
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48812
Jul 10, 2012
 
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Kathy,
I'm so glad that you are a private person who only shares intimate details with close friends (such as the people on the blog). You have shared so much of yourself with us,
XXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO - All of your close friends on the blog.
I heard that someone asked her to set the records straight since none of you at 795 ever let the facts get in the way of your story.
anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48813
Jul 10, 2012
 
Good Morning!
It's always a good day to learn my side is ahead. Since I am not given any information, I learn what I can when the 'bad guys' take their stabs at me. I guess I can give the 'Wall of Shame' engraver the go-ahead.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48814
Jul 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

It was unfair wrote:
<quoted text> It's unfair that Jost did that. Joe Rogliano does that when he goes to a parish. It's like a Rock Star Entourage. When a national entertainer comes to Buffalo they will use people locally, but they always have their base group. This base group knows their kicks. It's right for performances, but not in ministry.
In NF it is called "pruning". Prune the ones you don't want or like and replace with your "entourage".
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48815
Jul 10, 2012
 
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wait you will be astonished at who we got to play at CC. All poles will be happy.
God bless the No 1 church in Polonia-CC. We get rid of who we do not want and replace them with those worthy of us.
We deserve the best at CC!
Polish National

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48816
Jul 10, 2012
 
To SNAP's chagrain, Chaput has reinstated 4 priests in the ministry. Will Malone do the same?
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48817
Jul 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Polish National wrote:
To SNAP's chagrain, Chaput has reinstated 4 priests in the ministry. Will Malone do the same?
In the first place, Mansell and Cunningham never divulged any names. Some of the more egregious names became apparent through bishopaccountablity,but not through the chancery Office itself. It is rumored that that in some of the less serious cases of sexual abuse,a few credibly accused priests are still functioning under discrete circumstances,both here in the Buffalo diocese,and elsewhere. What about the mysterious unceremonious "retirement" of the three monsignors?(Whitney,Mergenhage n and Berg.) The Bialokowski case still apparently lingers. The DOB's credibility in this area is "zilch". and Malone shares a house with Rev Pul Miceli on Cape Cod,the same Father Miceli who assisted Cardinal Law in covering up cases in Boston.
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48818
Jul 10, 2012
 
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>In the first place, Mansell and Cunningham never divulged any names. Some of the more egregious names became apparent through bishopaccountablity,but not through the chancery Office itself. It is rumored that that in some of the less serious cases of sexual abuse,a few credibly accused priests are still functioning under discrete circumstances,both here in the Buffalo diocese,and elsewhere. What about the mysterious unceremonious "retirement" of the three monsignors?(Whitney,Mergenhage n and Berg.) The Bialokowski case still apparently lingers. The DOB's credibility in this area is "zilch". and Malone shares a house with Rev Pul Miceli on Cape Cod,the same Father Miceli who assisted Cardinal Law in covering up cases in Boston.
To reply to myself, Don't expect any changes on clergy sex abuse from Malone. It will be business as usual. Expect more parish closures,etc. A month from today calendar date -- the installation. No closures etc. until 2014 or so. And LiPuma will be the first to go. The DOB has several former bishops' secretaries in comfortable parishes. Bishops rarely retain their predecessors' secretaries for long.
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48819
Jul 10, 2012
 
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>To reply to myself, Don't expect any changes on clergy sex abuse from Malone. It will be business as usual. Expect more parish closures,etc. A month from today calendar date -- the installation. No closures etc. until 2014 or so. And LiPuma will be the first to go. The DOB has several former bishops' secretaries in comfortable parishes. Bishops rarely retain their predecessors' secretaries for long.
You really think LiPuma will go? Be still my heart!
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48820
Jul 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
You really think LiPuma will go? Be still my heart!
Yes, as I said bishops rarely retain the secretary of their predecessor. Malone may keep him in that position for maybe six months,and then replace him with his own man. Look at Popadick,Williamson,Murphy, plus Moran, Nowak, Ganglione, Jedra.etc. All have served as bishops' secretary and then moved on to other positions. It's really a personal prerogative of the bishops. Slubecky and Litwin will probably linger somewhat longer. There is really no one to replace them.
anonymous

Depew, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48821
Jul 10, 2012
 
25 years ago, the bishops would not have been able to unite to this extent on religious liberty. If one had proposed this, someone else would have insisted it has to be called Religious Liberty and Climate Change. Another would have said The NY Times says disarmament is the Urgent Issue today. By the time they would have finished, it would have been diluted by 19 other side issues from the media. The bishops today are more independent of the media. Likewise, younger priests are more likely now to preach about things like the Trinity, even though the Buffalo News demands our attenton on things like Fracking. If only Bishop Malone could get the diocesan paper to switch from Peace and Justice, to Catholic Social Teaching.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48822
Jul 10, 2012
 
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>I heard that someone asked her to set the records straight since none of you at 795 ever let the facts get in the way of your story.
Yes, it was the men from Mars who she sees flying over her house. They heard it from the Santa Claus who was looking in her window. He heard it from the people spying on her from the train. The people on the train heard it from the people who are watching her on the video camera. The people watching on camera heard it from the man in the black car who put the chemical on her tires. That man heard it from the woman who tried to shoot her in Niagara Falls. That woman heard it from the people who she can call out to and they hear her. Those people heard it from the people who parachute onto her property. Those people heard it from the guys at 795, who heard it from the benefactress and so on and so on and so on..........

Kathy needs to see a good shrink! But, she is quite amusing to read.

P.S. What about the thunder and underwear size?
anon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48823
Jul 10, 2012
 

Judged:

2

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it was the men from Mars who she sees flying over her house. They heard it from the Santa Claus who was looking in her window. He heard it from the people spying on her from the train. The people on the train heard it from the people who are watching her on the video camera. The people watching on camera heard it from the man in the black car who put the chemical on her tires. That man heard it from the woman who tried to shoot her in Niagara Falls. That woman heard it from the people who she can call out to and they hear her. Those people heard it from the people who parachute onto her property. Those people heard it from the guys at 795, who heard it from the benefactress and so on and so on and so on..........
Kathy needs to see a good shrink! But, she is quite amusing to read.
P.S. What about the thunder and underwear size?
How're things in the Falls? Sell any cottages lately?
Hmmm

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48824
Jul 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wait you will be astonished at who we got to play at CC. All poles will be happy.
God bless the No 1 church in Polonia-CC. We get rid of who we do not want and replace them with those worthy of us.
WOW! Spoken like a true CHRISTIAN! LOL. Where do I sign up? Hey, wait a minute. I'm not Polish. Maybe I'll become a Weslyan, or Jewish or a Jehovah? I guess I'm not going to heaven after all? Uh, oh! LMAO!!!!!!
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48825
Jul 10, 2012
 
The Chinese young man is playing the organ at CC. My friend said he is the pastor's cousin. He is very good.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 47,141 - 47,160 of58,475
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Newfoundland Discussions

Search the Newfoundland Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Cell tower badly needed: Rogers Thu Ted Baker 1
What's happening in Halton Hills on Canada Day Jul 1 Dominion Day 1
The search for mental health in a pill Jun 29 STARTS WITH VACCINES 6
We asked: What does being Canadian mean to you?... Jun 27 better than Liberty 1
Widow still waiting for chopper safety change Jun 23 Survey says 1
Where can you find a good prostitute in St. Joh... (Dec '06) Jun 22 Discreet guy 55
Lost my drink Jun 17 Janet Seth 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••