Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 60957 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#48065 May 20, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Few would believe the power they have in this city and county.
Why are they allowed so much power? Who actually runs the show at 795?
anonymous

Grand Island, NY

#48066 May 20, 2012
anonymous wrote:
Liberal Protestant denominations are shrinking rapidly. Some churches are a clone of the secular culture, nothing is absolutely true or false, right or wrong, but everything's relative. Some people respond by joining Catholic or evangelical churches, which still have fixed doctrines, emphasizing truth. Others respond by drifiting away from Christianity altogether. The older generation may still get dressed up on Sunday, to see their friends, appreciate the music and "culture". The younger generation says why bother?
It's not only liberal Protestant churches shrinking, many religious orders too. The Vatican is evaluating Sisters' orders that have had over 95% decline in vocations. The LCWR claims this is not a problem, but most laity would say it is a problem. The liberal religious orders are following the secular media, and supporting the government, with no doctrine, no conversion, no real emphasis on God. Young women are not joining these communities, but are joining other communities, that emphasize doctrine, conversion, and Catholic Social Teaching, rather than the secular Peace and Justice movement. There are no articles in the Buffalo News about those communities that are growing.
Mary of Magdela

Lockport, NY

#48067 May 20, 2012
anonymous wrote:
Rumor going around the parish says that DOB is trying to pressure Art Smith to resign or close the church and that he has been sent to rehablitation center for "insubordination". Any conformation?
Bingo! think resign!
Andy

United States

#48068 May 20, 2012
SNAP, CRACKLE,POP!!!
anonymous

New York, NY

#48069 May 20, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are they allowed so much power? Who actually runs the show at 795?
There are as many who need to keep secrets in politics as those who need to keep secrets in the church.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#48070 May 20, 2012
Question wrote:
Is Bruce Woody still at Corpus Christie. I see they have a new part time organist listed on their FaceBook feed. Is it to work with him or is he gone?
Who cares, they are selling buildings. The place will close.
I heard the Paulinies are leaving and giving the Church back to the friends of Corpus Christi.
They should have kept Fr. Simon and that tall secretary that ran away with Fr. chalupkta.
Do they really have a love child? I thought she was scary looking. She always scared my kids, and we are not Polish so that can't be the reason.
When we were there last time the organist was from Japan or one of those Made in China places like Hong Kong.
Sio-nara
anonymous

Bay Shore, NY

#48071 May 20, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares, they are selling buildings. The place will close.
I heard the Paulinies are leaving and giving the Church back to the friends of Corpus Christi.
They should have kept Fr. Simon and that tall secretary that ran away with Fr. chalupkta.
Do they really have a love child? I thought she was scary looking. She always scared my kids, and we are not Polish so that can't be the reason.
When we were there last time the organist was from Japan or one of those Made in China places like Hong Kong.
Sio-nara
Sooner or later,the Paulines will be leaving. The Fransiscans pulled out a long time ago. I don't know if anyone would take it now. The whole place may have to be closed. The Paulines do not enjoy the best of reputations either here or in Poland.
anonymous

Bay Shore, NY

#48072 May 20, 2012
hey, I just had a thought. Make Eddie Grosz the pastor of Corpus Christi,or Krysa. Maybe Bagienski?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#48073 May 21, 2012
anonymous wrote:
hey, I just had a thought. Make Eddie Grosz the pastor of Corpus Christi,or Krysa. Maybe Bagienski?
Maybe kRysa because he is at an oratory now and there can't be much going on there. He should have time with such a quiet place. It must be just as quiet there as St. Adalberts it is an oratory also.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#48074 May 21, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe kRysa because he is at an oratory now and there can't be much going on there. He should have time with such a quiet place. It must be just as quiet there as St. Adalberts it is an oratory also.
HELLO, everyone knows some Oratories are punished..........not even allowed weekly Mass on Sunday.
Oooooops some are allowed Mass on Sunday. Oh well, nothing new in the DOB.
What a joke!!
A friend said this am that Fr. Anzelm has asked for transfer to Poland to escape his secret family here in Buffalo.
More bad news and embarrassment for CC.
Anonymous

Lockport, NY

#48075 May 21, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
HELLO, everyone knows some Oratories are punished..........not even allowed weekly Mass on Sunday.
Oooooops some are allowed Mass on Sunday. Oh well, nothing new in the DOB.
What a joke!!
A friend said this am that Fr. Anzelm has asked for transfer to Poland to escape his secret family here in Buffalo.
More bad news and embarrassment for CC.
Why are certain ones allowed to have Mass and operate as a "parish", whereas others are not allowed. Why?
anonymous

Bay Shore, NY

#48076 May 21, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are certain ones allowed to have Mass and operate as a "parish", whereas others are not allowed. Why?
The bishops's "discretion".
anonymous

Bay Shore, NY

#48077 May 21, 2012
From Hartford. Archbishop Mansell was stunned to learn that 3 of the 7 deacons he intended to ordain did not turn up for their ordination. The three,all with Spanish surnames,asked that their ordination be delayed. Weird.
anonymous

Bay Shore, NY

#48078 May 21, 2012
Bishops Wingle,formerly of St. Catherine's,and implicated in a sex abuse cover-up,turned up in Maontreal. He resigned and dissappeared. He is to be served with legal papers.
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#48079 May 21, 2012
Anyone know anything about Father Arthur Matulke and Fr. Patrick O'Keefe? Matulke is now the Pastor at SS Peter and Paul in Hamburg and O'Keefe is Parochial Vicar.
Jessie Stone

AOL

#48080 May 21, 2012
yes one makes wedding cakes and the other wears the wedding dress
Kojak

AOL

#48081 May 21, 2012
Where does Slubecky get all of his money for gambling at the casions? He is a heavy hitter at the tables.
anonymous

Bay Shore, NY

#48082 May 21, 2012
Kojak wrote:
Where does Slubecky get all of his money for gambling at the casions? He is a heavy hitter at the tables.
Another reason he won't begetting a mitre. His problems are too well known. Whitney gave him a free pass on a lot of issues. Yetter taught him all about gambling.
Kojak

AOL

#48083 May 21, 2012
Diocese says they are broke and taking money from all the parishes ---- is the Diocese broke because they are covering up for Slubecky and others @ 795 Main Street.
anonymous

Grand Island, NY

#48084 May 21, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Federal Government succeeds in imposing its health ideology on the churches, there will be more mandates imposed on your church, regardless of whether it is called a "parish" or an "oratory". People have grudges about some other parish, or the DOB,or some other ethnic group, sometimes justified, but there is a larger wolf at the door here. The religious options for our children and grandchildren will be permanently affected by our actions, or inaction, in response the religious liberty issue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newfoundland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Letter: Most-used libraries among those slated ... May 22 wabush-mines-clos... 1
News Ryan Snoddon: May 24th weekend is looking prett... May 22 Mother Nature 1
News Grant Tapper: charged with sexually assaulting ... (Aug '08) May 19 Sinja 65
News Trudeau government to kick off new pipeline rev... May 17 CBC GEY NEWS at 11 1
News Food for Life distributes to eight Halton Hills... (Sep '15) May 10 sad 2
News Atlantic Canadians watching Fort McMurray wildf... May 4 was it Jooish lig... 1
Thinking of moving to Newfoundland - help and a... (Jan '07) Apr '16 John Bilsbury 82
More from around the web