Christian Church opens doors to Muslims

Christian Church opens doors to Muslims

There are 520 comments on the BBC News story from Mar 30, 2013, titled Christian Church opens doors to Muslims. In it, BBC News reports that:

On a bitterly cold and snowing afternoon in Aberdeen, the doors of St John's Episcopal Church are open to hundreds of Muslim worshippers, arriving for daily prayers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BBC News.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#454 Aug 1, 2013
just saying wrote:
Hebrews 4
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.
The Armor of God

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.

WHY I LOVE THE BIBLE!

I am fully shielded against people like you!
just saying

Saint Louis, MO

#455 Aug 1, 2013
Homosexuality

A perfect example of how "genuine truth" gets perverted is concerning the issue of homosexuality. The Homosexual movement desperately tries to justify their sin, claiming that the Bible doesn't condemn actually homosexuality. In fact, there are even professed "Theologians" who endorse homosexuality. They actually encourage it. This is counterfeit truth! Homosexuals take God's Word and pervert It's Truth into lies (Romans 1:25)--lies they invent to justify their sins. Evil people tamper with God's word (genuine truth), attempting to make sin appear acceptable to the masses. Homosexuals are actually trying to lead society to believe that God supports homosexuality. This is counterfeit truth. The lying words of these pseudo-theologians are despicable and appalling in the eyes of God! 2nd Timothy 4:3, "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears." The Bible takes a strong stand AGAINST Homosexuality and hides nothing.

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." Leviticus 20:13

"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." Leviticus 18:22
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#456 Aug 1, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>The Armor of God
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
WHY I LOVE THE BIBLE!
I am fully shielded against people like you!
You need t be clean of spirit before preaching to others or asking for G-d's help.
Did I mention your perversion, being a lesbian, seems to have a shorter life span than others? Your kind don't seem to last- just a flash in the pan so to speak.
Now be gone evil one.

Location hidden

#457 Aug 1, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
You need t be clean of spirit before preaching to others or asking for G-d's help.
Did I mention your perversion, being a lesbian, seems to have a shorter life span than others? Your kind don't seem to last- just a flash in the pan so to speak.You are way overdue on your lifespan.
Now be gone evil one.
Somebody punch his ticket and soon...please.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#458 Aug 1, 2013
<quoted text>Somebody punch his ticket and soon...please.
Ah again with the threats only now you are trying to get someone else to do the dirty business.
Oink, oink----------
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#459 Aug 1, 2013
Someone already punched yours, look:

"For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;"- Romans 1:26-28

You lesbians I swear..........

Location hidden

#460 Aug 1, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah again with the threats only now you are trying to get someone else to do the dirty business.
Oink, oink----------
Punch their ticket...old railroad jargon. Sorry that you are so stupid.
just saying

Saint Louis, MO

#461 Aug 3, 2013
get one's ticket punched
to die; to be killed.(Literally, to be cancelled.)
Try The Truth

Houston, TX

#462 Aug 3, 2013
<quoted text>Should have know the likes of you would CHEER at the murder of a child!
Travon was 17, right. Do you know how many 17 and 18 year olds have been taught to kill as a means of defending this country? Hundreds of thousands. He was not a "child" in the sense his age would disqualify him from being capable of inflicting injury, or death, on another human being.

You can't see the truth of the issue of self-defense because you are in "color denial", which is damn near legally blind.

Location hidden

#463 Aug 4, 2013
He was 21 days past his 17th birthday. He was not a VOLUNTEER soldier.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#464 Aug 5, 2013
He was 21 days past his 17th birthday. He was not a VOLUNTEER soldier.
No he was a street thug drug pushing tatooed gangsta wanna be with a gold grill.
Headed on the highway to hell.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#465 Aug 5, 2013
I sure hope that wasn't a death threat jonesy.

Location hidden

#467 Aug 5, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
I sure hope that wasn't a death threat jonesy.
You need a cancellation.

I've heard it used as slang.
"Mike sure punched your ticket!"
Meaning "cancelled you", "knocked you down a notch", etc.(Not a physical "punch" as a "punch in the nose".)
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#468 Aug 6, 2013
<quoted text>You need a cancellation.
I've heard it used as slang.
"Mike sure punched your ticket!"
Meaning "cancelled you", "knocked you down a notch", etc.(Not a physical "punch" as a "punch in the nose".)
Reported----------
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#469 Aug 6, 2013
<quoted text>You need a cancellation.
Oh I understand now. It is like when you said it was a shame the "coat hanger" FA.
You are a crude little stalking threatening troll.
You need to be banned from topix.
Why the constant need to threaten and stalk posters here?

Location hidden

#470 Aug 6, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I understand now. It is like when you said it was a shame the "coat hanger" FA.
You are a crude little stalking threatening troll.
You need to be banned from topix.
Why the constant need to threaten and stalk posters here?
Then have it done...
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#471 Aug 6, 2013
<quoted text>Then have it done...
OK I'll get it done---hehehe
Just like your editorship--that was funny.

Location hidden

#472 Aug 7, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
OK I'll get it done---hehehe
Just like your editorship--that was funny.
Did you get your ticket punched yet?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#473 Aug 7, 2013
<quoted text>Then have it done...
Your President just got done saying Radical Islam is alive and well--use your coat hanger on the Muzzies. The world would appreciate it.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#474 Aug 7, 2013
<quoted text>Did you get your ticket punched yet?
Oh stop it tubby, you know you are the one who is getting the ticket punched. Have they contacted you yet?
BTW are you still going to the winter olympics?
Oh I'm sorry I forgot they won't let your kind in the games. No lesbians thank you per Putin. At least he knows what is right.
You cry about equal rights try that shat over there.
Notice on the comedy channel barry sotero obama said he had no patience with countries that didn't kiss up to the gender confused but he didn't say a word about his moslem countries he loves so much treating you guy bad.
Maybe you and your kind need to talk to him and find out why all these other countries are so mean to you and your kind. hehe

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newfoundland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Faroese man charged in air rage case (Jun '10) 15 hr YoyoMoFo 2
News Red Deer accommodating growing Filipino community Tue Phillip Eans 1
News Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings ... (Oct '07) Jun 26 Anonymous 59,824
News Winnipeg's parks -- spring into them (Apr '13) Jun 24 JUSTIN TRUDEAU 9
News St. John's United to host Hymns for Haiti (Jan '10) Jun 21 now Nepal 3
News RCMP 'inept, outdated,' Cummins says (Nov '11) Jun 17 Mike 5
News Hamilton, Thunder Bay had most hate crime in Ca... Jun 10 Medewiwin 1
More from around the web