Christian Church opens doors to Muslims

Mar 30, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: BBC News

On a bitterly cold and snowing afternoon in Aberdeen, the doors of St John's Episcopal Church are open to hundreds of Muslim worshippers, arriving for daily prayers.

Comments (Page 13)

Showing posts 241 - 260 of520
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Thou Shalt Not Steal...and once again you just can not run off with church property.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
http://anglicanink.com/article /los-angeles-wins-summary-judg ment-newport-beach-property-ca se#.UYfRNtdzGHg.facebook
Now that that is handled maybe we can find some nice moderat muslims to buy it.
Let's see a woman judge siding with a woman bishop...hummmmmmm
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Thou Shalt Not Steal...and once again you just can not run off with church property.
What about all the donations. Bishop want to start refunding money????

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
What about all the donations. Bishop want to start refunding money????
The writer of the post above has trouble with the meaning of words. He/she couldn't determine the meaning of the word "eunuch" and now is apparently having trouble with the word "donation."

American College Dictionary - donation, n. 1. act of presenting something as a gift. 2. a gift, as to a fund; a contribution.

No strings attached.

Tax deduction taken. No expectation of quid pro quo.

also

eunuch, n. a castrated man, especially one formerly employed as a harem attendant or officer of state by Oriental rulers.
Gk.: m. eunouchos, chamber attendant.

The advisor to the St. John's parish, now having been made something akin to a eunuch by the California Court, should advise the ex-Episcopal Church members in the saying,

"The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away."

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

We celebrated St. George Evensong this afternoon at the Cathedral. I think I know how he felt after defeating the dragon...Joe the Dragon...I slit his Editorship throat for all to see with my sword given to me by God himself. I am dressed with my FULL ARMOR ...
Full, or size EXTRA LARGE?

You "slit my throat" by conspiring with TM8, not God, and one He will expose that for all to see.

But how did you forget to mention that you were fired as editor of this forum long before my "demise"?
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
The writer of the post above has trouble with the meaning of words. He/she couldn't determine the meaning of the word "eunuch" and now is apparently having trouble with the word "donation."
American College Dictionary - donation, n. 1. act of presenting something as a gift. 2. a gift, as to a fund; a contribution.
No strings attached.
Tax deduction taken. No expectation of quid pro quo.
also
eunuch, n. a castrated man, especially one formerly employed as a harem attendant or officer of state by Oriental rulers.
Gk.: m. eunouchos, chamber attendant.
The advisor to the St. John's parish, now having been made something akin to a eunuch by the California Court, should advise the ex-Episcopal Church members in the saying,
"The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away."
You want to post any of my posts where I had trouble with "eunuch"
The people donated to their Church, you know the same Church that the Bishop gave them free title to.
No it is more like the Church giveth and the lesbian Bishop taketh away.
The tactic here appears to be out right theft and the donations were not given to further the perverted chosen lifestyles of the queers in control.
This is a joke in as much as they are being forced to donate to a cause condemned in the Bible.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Full, or size EXTRA LARGE?
You "slit my throat" by conspiring with TM8, not God, and one He will expose that for all to see.
But how did you forget to mention that you were fired as editor of this forum long before my "demise"?
Sel seems to forget how hard she got slapped.
The editor from hell got what she deserved and I'm still laughing.
Maybe I'll post some of her more filthy posts right here for everyone to see.
How about it piggy?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Being civil is not too much to ask is it ken?
Like so much today the muslims of today have perverted even the perverted teachings of allah.
And BTW same sex anything is condemed by the muslim faith so you better start repenting now to save your black soul.
Same for your fat friend sel.
Tell me ken how the muslims handle queers?
Don't have an answer about the Three Kings of the Orient? Not surprising. They were "Sufi Masters," a/k/a Zoroastrians.

Why do you require civility of me and in the same breath ridicule and insult Muslims, preverts (includes yourself), Allah (a name for the same God that you supposedly acknowledge), same sex anythings, black souls (as contrasted with souls of any other particular colour), supposedly fat friends and queers?

You're a Hoot! A hypocritical, racially and sexually bigoted backlot rednecked Texan prevert hoot, but, a hoot, nonetheless.

The sometimes Irreverent Rev. Ken
A priest and disciple of the Lord, Jesus Christ.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

These are some very sick and sad people. I love to revel in watching them squirm in their filth.
john

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

These are some very sick and sad people. I love to revel in watching them squirm in their filth.
Well jonsey you should know filth and such after the way you stalked cav all over topix.
you are something to watch yourself.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

john wrote:
<quoted text>
Well jonsey you should know filth and such after the way you stalked cav all over topix.
you are something to watch yourself.
Crsaig Scott Hawley is the one who stalked my family....good riddance.
John

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Crsaig Scott Hawley is the one who stalked my family....good riddance.
You are a steaming POS Liar.
You stalked so many people these people had to have a talk with you.
You post all you and your family's personal crap and then cry when someone uses it.
Remember wishing Cav's father would die when he was indeed dying from cancer? Your day is coming, the Lord sees all you do and have done.
You can run, on a good day, but you can't hide from the Almighty so keep that in mind before you lie about someone again.
John

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Crsaig Scott Hawley is the one who stalked my family....good riddance.
I've noticed your spelling goes to hell when you are lying!
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Sel seems to forget how hard she got slapped.
The editor from hell got what she deserved and I'm still laughing.
Maybe I'll post some of her more filthy posts right here for everyone to see.
How about it piggy?
Hey should we post a few of your better post sel?
They were good enough for your friends when you posted them they should be good now huh?
Lily

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot!
Just approximately how many Muslims are there in the entire world, anyway? How about Hindu or Buddhist? Now are we back on the Topic (from another thread) of the real importance of a minority vs. a majority or is the actual importance in the MESSAGE?
Want me to go back through the thread and show where you have changed the subject each time you have been shown to have lost your way in the conversation?
And now, you have lost your way, again, and would like the readers to accept your lead!
Well, GO AHEAD then. Lead.
You were invited to take the reins and make a statement to guide the conversation on Topic. But, apparently, you can't bear the responsibility without first serving up a lie!
So, GO AHEAD, again, and quitchwer bitchin'!
Rev. Ken
You call yourself a Christian?? Not even close.

People like you and selicia jones are the reason decent people are leaving the christian churches in droves.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You call yourself a Christian?? Not even close.
People like you and selicia jones are the reason decent people are leaving the christian churches in droves.
You are of course exactly right Lily.
When the Church is taken over by people who don't believe the teachings of the Bible then people stop going to Church which is the grand plan. That way the un Churched will take over and we are letting them
People like ken know they are wrong but still they tell these same sexers what they are doing is OK.
Glad to see a voice of reason here.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
When the Church is taken over by people who don't believe the teachings of the Bible then people stop going to Church which is the grand plan. That way the un Churched will take over and we are letting them
People like ken know they are wrong but still they tell these same sexers what they are doing is OK.
LOL!!!...

You mean a "voice that agrees with ME and MY version of reason (meaning you)!"

No. Your plan is the plan that is not working - the plan to fill the Church with wolves in sheep's clothing.

But, your false cloak of invulnerability has been removed by the simple revelation of truth and you have been brought into the Light where everyone can see your hypocrisy and segregation-driven bigotry.

Same-sexers are not the problem. They just are who they are. They certainly are Children of the Most High, just like the rest of us and they deserve EVERY right and chance to make their lives productive as disciples in Christ.

"Suffer the little children to come to me,..."

If they wish to marry each other as a couple willing to commit to fidelity, love and mutual support, then the priests and ministers of Christ's Love and Light will permit them and sanctify their relationship. We will do this because it is the right thing to do and it is a prerogative given to us to exercise by Christ, for their sake, not just yours.

Not because such relationships do not fit your peculiar, hypocritical ideals.

The bible, Holy Scripture, is a most excellent guide; the writers of the books and letters and poetry and stories of which were surely inspired with the Holy Spirit.

But, the authors were men and women living in certain forms of ignorance and were thus, imperfect, just like the rest of us are imperfect. So, scripture, of itself, is not - cannot be - the source of the Authority and Perfection that we seek. It is only a very practical paper, ink-stamped, leather, thread and glue-bound guide filled with reprintings of concepts which can lead the soul seeking comprehension into a personal recognition of the Source - which is to be, can only be, found Living, within you.

Remember how Nicodemus, an educated teacher, who having come to Jesus in the night to avoid being seen by his fellow Pharisees, became a disciple.

Through Christ and his willingness to extend the invitation to us, connecting and opening the gate between the perfect to the imperfect, we are given both the right and the opportunity to become Imitators of Christ to the best of our ability and to submit to the inclinations of the Light and Love that lives in our hearts. Then, the mystery of Rebirth occurs.

When we do this, we become like the disciples, walking along the road to Emmaus.

Rev. Ken
A priest and disciple of the Lord, Christ Jesus.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

"sick and sad" describes the poster of the above.
Lily

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what I was talking about. I was referring to their language - talking down to others, calling other people names, and their general intolerance for anyone that believes differently than they do. They aren't acting like Christians, and we should expect better than average behavior from someone that calls himself 'rev'.

As to gays and lesbians, it's not up to us to judge them. They should be treated as any Christian should treat another human that God created. If they are to be judged, it's between them and God. As long as the couple are consenting adults - it's not our business.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what I was talking about. I was referring to their language - talking down to others, calling other people names, and their general intolerance for anyone that believes differently than they do. They aren't acting like Christians, and we should expect better than average behavior from someone that calls himself 'rev'.
As to gays and lesbians, it's not up to us to judge them. They should be treated as any Christian should treat another human that God created. If they are to be judged, it's between them and God. As long as the couple are consenting adults - it's not our business.
Not every dose is designed to taste like cherry-flavored cough drops, Lily.

Sometimes the shit you serve out comes right back to you on a silver platter, adorned with sprigs of parsely and wedges of lemon. Other times, its just plain stinking shit, only a little more older and covered with buzzing, slurping green flies.

Sometimes, its just plain moldy old shit and you get it served to you because that is what you tried to serve to someone else.

Fire is like that, too. It burns things. It toasts things. It often leaves a charred mess. It often destroys. But, in certain applications it can serve to purify and sometimes it anneals the recipient, improving.

Find a way to look past what you don't like in order to find what you do like, Lily. I'll be doing the same thing.

Rev. Ken

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 241 - 260 of520
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••