Christian Church opens doors to Muslims

Mar 30, 2013 Full story: BBC News 520

On a bitterly cold and snowing afternoon in Aberdeen, the doors of St John's Episcopal Church are open to hundreds of Muslim worshippers, arriving for daily prayers.

Full Story

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#225 May 1, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!....
It's YOUR responsibility, Joe ...
I've already notified them twice Ken, so I have fullfilled MY responsibilty, but if that's not good enough for YOU, then YOU can contact Christ Episcopal.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#226 May 2, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already notified them twice Ken, so I have fullfilled MY responsibilty, but if that's not good enough for YOU, then YOU can contact Christ Episcopal.
No. It's not my responsibility. It is YOUR responsibility.

If I was in your position, that is, having left TEC for religious, spiritual and philosophic differences that put me at odds with them and then later found that I was still on their membership rolls, I would not be pleased.

I wouldn't care if it took ten letters to get myself off of their membership rolls.

If it is true that they have not removed you, then send them another letter - insisting - on their acknowledgment of your departure. Do this for your own sake.

Then, if you want to continue with your criticisms, go ahead. You'll have a clear conscience. As it is now, your claims look like you criticize your own beliefs.

Get the problem cleared up for your own sake.

Rev. Ken

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#227 May 2, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
No man can serve TWO masters. PICK ONE!

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#228 May 2, 2013
RevKen wrote:
If I was in your position, that is, having left TEC for religious, spiritual and philosophic differences that put me at odds with them and then later found that I was still on their membership rolls, I would not be pleased.
I wouldn't care if it took ten letters to get myself off of their membership rolls ...
Your pleasures and cares are NOT my responsibility.
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>
No man can serve TWO masters. PICK ONE!
You have THREE masters to choose from: alcohol, food and aberrant sexuality.

And if we are through talking about you and Ken, we can go back on topic: Christian Church opens doors to Muslims

from jihadwatch:

"Sharia law is draconian if not hostile to Christian worship. Consider the words of some of Islamís most authoritative and classic jurists, the same ones revered today by Egyptís Salafis. According to Ibn Qayyim author of the multivolume Rules for the Dhimmis, it is 'obligatory' to destroy or convert into a mosque 'every church' both old and new that exists on lands that were taken by Muslims through force, for they 'breed corruption.' Even if Muslims are not sure whether one of 'these things [churches] is old [pre-conquest] or new, it is better to err on the side of caution, treat it as new, and demolition it.'"

No wonder muslims purchase so many empty Episcopal churches.

Location hidden

#229 May 4, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Your pleasures and cares are NOT my responsibility.
<quoted text>
You have THREE masters to choose from: alcohol, food and aberrant sexuality.
And if we are through talking about you and Ken, we can go back on topic: Christian Church opens doors to Muslims
from jihadwatch:
"Sharia law is draconian if not hostile to Christian worship. Consider the words of some of Islamís most authoritative and classic jurists, the same ones revered today by Egyptís Salafis. According to Ibn Qayyim author of the multivolume Rules for the Dhimmis, it is 'obligatory' to destroy or convert into a mosque 'every church' both old and new that exists on lands that were taken by Muslims through force, for they 'breed corruption.' Even if Muslims are not sure whether one of 'these things [churches] is old [pre-conquest] or new, it is better to err on the side of caution, treat it as new, and demolition it.'"
No wonder muslims purchase so many empty Episcopal churches.
LOL!!....

Obviously, you are not through talking about "you and Ken" and trying to make your baseless insults gain traction.

Your real interest is in attempting to control the conversation, now that it is apparent that your positions of criticism have no foundation in personal integrity.

So, the only remedy you have is to try to change the topic - which is exactly what you did in the first place!

Well, then, OK .... Let the conversation go back to the South Dakota Church opening its doors to its neighbor Muslims.

What of it?

Rev. Ken
mary

Texas City, TX

#230 May 4, 2013
Vege wrote:
What a disgrace.
They come to our counties, change our way of live and now pray in our church?
What a disgrace
I agree. Don't cast pearls before swine.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#231 May 5, 2013
RevKen wrote:
Your real interest is in attempting to control the conversation, now that it is apparent that your positions of criticism have no foundation in personal integrity.
So, the only remedy you have is to try to change the topic ...
Project much?

The topic is "Christian Church opens doors to Muslims," but like the fable of the cold camel and his owner, mosques are surpassing your dying denomination, and you know it, which is why YOU'RE changing the topic by diverting the conversation.

Location hidden

#232 May 5, 2013
mary wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Don't cast pearls before swine.
The whole country is full of immigrants and their children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. And even if you can call yourself a "Daughter of the American Revolution," you're still descended from immigrants.

And even if you can call yourself a blood descendant of an aboriginal American, such as Seminole or Sioux or Navajo, you still are technically a descendant of immigrants.

Slave or Free, European or Asian, Norwegian or Mayan, all human stock are historical migrants.

The real question is whether or not people like YOU are willing to stand by the principles and edicts of the Gospel of Christ Jesus and to educate the newcomers to understand and respect the American Constitution.

The same stubborn insistence of belief in a backwards ideology becomes an asset of proponence and advocacy when the bearer is educated in the Truth.

You have to live it for it to mean anything to you. After that, the others will follow your lead.

Rev. Ken

Location hidden

#233 May 5, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Project much?
The topic is "Christian Church opens doors to Muslims," but like the fable of the cold camel and his owner, mosques are surpassing your dying denomination, and you know it, which is why YOU'RE changing the topic by diverting the conversation.
Idiot!

Just approximately how many Muslims are there in the entire world, anyway? How about Hindu or Buddhist? Now are we back on the Topic (from another thread) of the real importance of a minority vs. a majority or is the actual importance in the MESSAGE?

Want me to go back through the thread and show where you have changed the subject each time you have been shown to have lost your way in the conversation?

And now, you have lost your way, again, and would like the readers to accept your lead!

Well, GO AHEAD then. Lead.

You were invited to take the reins and make a statement to guide the conversation on Topic. But, apparently, you can't bear the responsibility without first serving up a lie!

So, GO AHEAD, again, and quitchwer bitchin'!

Rev. Ken
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#234 May 5, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot!
Just approximately how many Muslims are there in the entire world, anyway? How about Hindu or Buddhist? Now are we back on the Topic (from another thread) of the real importance of a minority vs. a majority or is the actual importance in the MESSAGE?
Want me to go back through the thread and show where you have changed the subject each time you have been shown to have lost your way in the conversation?
And now, you have lost your way, again, and would like the readers to accept your lead!
Well, GO AHEAD then. Lead.
You were invited to take the reins and make a statement to guide the conversation on Topic. But, apparently, you can't bear the responsibility without first serving up a lie!
So, GO AHEAD, again, and quitchwer bitchin'!
Rev. Ken
I don't believe I have ever heard a Rev talk like you do ken. You are everything you call/say about Joe. You are desperate and it shows.
Let me lead for a moment. Imigrants are to take an oath to this great country when they come here remember? Do you really think the muslims have any good intentions other than taking over America.....FOOL?
"I want my children to understand this regarding MUSLIMS

CAN MUSLIMS BE GOOD AMERICANS?????

Can a good Muslim be a good American?

This question was forwarded to a friend who worked in Saudi Arabia for 20 years. The following is his reply:

Theologically - no. Because his allegiance is to Allah, The moon god of Arabia .

Religiously - no. Because no other religion is accepted by His Allah except Islam.(Quran,2:256)(Koran)

scripturally - no. Because his allegiance is to the five Pillars of Islam and the Quran.

Geographically - no. Because his allegiance is to Mecca , to which he turns in prayer five times a day.

Socially - no. Because his allegiance to Islam forbids him to make friends with Christians or Jews.

Politically - no. Because he must submit to the mullahs (spiritual leaders), who teach annihilation of Israel and destruction of America , the great Satan.

Domestically - no. Because he is instructed to marry four Women and beat and scourge his wife when she disobeys him.(Quran 4:34 )

Intellectually - no. Because he cannot accept the American Constitution since it is based on Biblical principles and he believes the Bible to be corrupt.

Philosophically - no. Because Islam, Muhammad, and the Quran does not allow freedom of religion and expression. Democracy and Islam cannot co-exist. Every Muslim government is either dictatorial or autocratic.

Spiritually - no. Because when we declare 'one nation under God,' The Christian's God is loving and kind, while Allah is NEVER referred to as Heavenly father, nor is he ever called love in the Quran's 99 excellent names.

Therefore, after much study and deliberation... Perhaps we should be very suspicious of ALL MUSLIMS in this country. They obviously cannot be both 'good' Muslims and 'good' Americans. Call it what you wish it's still the truth. You had better believe it. The more who understand this, the better it will be for our country and our future.

The religious war is bigger than we know or understand!

Footnote: The Muslims have said they will destroy us from within."
Now tell me why we would have a muslim in our Church again ken?
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#235 May 5, 2013
Oath of Allegiance (United States)

The United States Oath of Allegiance (officially referred to as the "Oath of Allegiance," 8 C.F.R. Part 337 (2008)) is an oath that must be taken by all immigrants who wish to become United States citizens. The first officially recorded Oaths of Allegiance were made on May 30, 1778 at Valley Forge, during the Revolutionary War.

I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.

Muslims can't seriously take that oath but then allah allows lying when it is to help defeat an enemy. Wake up ken these people are our sworn enemy and we let them pray for our destruction in our Church???? What is wrong with this picture?
Being politically correct will kill you sure as a muslim will.

Location hidden

#236 May 5, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe I have ever heard a Rev talk like you do ken. You are everything you call/say about Joe. You are desperate and it shows.
Let me lead for a moment. Imigrants are to take an oath to this great country when they come here remember? Do you really think the muslims have any good intentions other than taking over America.....FOOL?
This question was forwarded to a friend who worked in Saudi Arabia for 20 years. The following is his reply:
Theologically - no. Because his allegiance is to Allah, The moon god of Arabia .
Religiously - no. Because no other religion is accepted by His Allah except Islam.(Quran,2:256)(Koran)
scripturally - no. Because his allegiance is to the five Pillars of Islam and the Quran.
Geographically - no. Because his allegiance is to Mecca , to which he turns in prayer five times a day.
Socially - no. Because his allegiance to Islam forbids him to make friends with Christians or Jews.
Politically - no. Because he must submit to the mullahs (spiritual leaders), who teach annihilation of Israel and destruction of America , the great Satan.
Domestically - no. Because he is instructed to marry four Women and beat and scourge his wife when she disobeys him.(Quran 4:34 )
Intellectually - no. Because he cannot accept the American Constitution since it is based on Biblical principles and he believes the Bible to be corrupt.
Philosophically - no. Because Islam, Muhammad, and the Quran does not allow freedom of religion and expression. Democracy and Islam cannot co-exist. Every Muslim government is either dictatorial or autocratic.
Spiritually - no. Because when we declare 'one nation under God,' The Christian's God is loving and kind, while Allah is NEVER referred to as Heavenly father, nor is he ever called love in the Quran's 99 excellent names.
Therefore, after much study and deliberation... Perhaps we should be very suspicious of ALL MUSLIMS in this country. They obviously cannot be both 'good' Muslims and 'good' Americans. Call it what you wish it's still the truth. You had better believe it. The more who understand this, the better it will be for our country and our future.
Don't know much about the Gospel of Jesus, the Christ, do you?

Tell us, Missy, of what system of beliefs were the "Three Kings of the Orient?"
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#237 May 5, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know much about the Gospel of Jesus, the Christ, do you?
Tell us, Missy, of what system of beliefs were the "Three Kings of the Orient?"
Being civil is not too much to ask is it ken?
Like so much today the muslims of today have perverted even the perverted teachings of allah.
And BTW same sex anything is condemed by the muslim faith so you better start repenting now to save your black soul.
Same for your fat friend sel.
Tell me ken how the muslims handle queers?
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#238 May 5, 2013
This was my post you refused to answer when you changed the subject like you say Joe does.
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Astounded Joe

Anonymous Proxy

#239 May 5, 2013
Open your door to the devil, and he will come in!

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#240 May 5, 2013
RevKen wrote:
Just approximately how many Muslims are there in the entire world, anyway? How about Hindu or Buddhist?...
Are they buying-up abandoned Episcopal Churches too?

#241 May 5, 2013
We celebrated St. George Evensong this afternoon at the Cathedral. I think I know how he felt after defeating the dragon...Joe the Dragon...I slit his Editorship throat for all to see with my sword given to me by God himself. I am dressed with my FULL ARMOR. I stand upon the lifeless scaley mass of nothingness and I have freed the village from his wrath.
Rev K

Springfield, IL

#242 May 6, 2013
We celebrated St. George Evensong this afternoon at the Cathedral. I think I know how he felt after defeating the dragon...Joe the Dragon...I slit his Editorship throat for all to see with my sword given to me by God himself. I am dressed with my FULL ARMOR. I stand upon the lifeless scaley mass of nothingness and I have freed the village from his wrath.
LOL!
Amen! And Thank you!
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#243 May 6, 2013
No one makes armor in the 5X extra, extra, extra large size so stop the lying.
That "lifeless scaley mass of nothingness" is the over flow from your failing lap band.
Just full of yourself aren't you.

#244 May 6, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newfoundland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings ... (Oct '07) 6 hr Mike 59,115
Saint John hold special council meeting to solv... Dec 15 John 1
Community Calendar, Dec. 14-31 Dec 14 behind many scenes 1
Where can you find a good prostitute in St. Joh... (Dec '06) Dec 4 Matt 70
Her Christian journey Dec 3 RevKen 1
"Sanctuary" for Immigrants Comes Back to the Ba... Nov 25 Le Jimbo 1
Bike that crossed Canada stolen outside Toronto... Nov 24 eBay is PayPal 1
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:03 am PST