Christian Church opens doors to Muslims

Mar 30, 2013 Full story: BBC News 520

On a bitterly cold and snowing afternoon in Aberdeen, the doors of St John's Episcopal Church are open to hundreds of Muslim worshippers, arriving for daily prayers.

Full Story
First Prev
of 26
Next Last
more truth

Tallahassee, FL

#1 Mar 30, 2013
Some churches do sharing, others don't. I have seen Methodists house Lutherans while they were building a church.

Some churches do not allow steeples, probably a good idea. They snap off in a hurricane or tornado and land on the neighbors. One such church in Orlando had to worship in a theater for weeks.

Since: Mar 13

Australia

#2 Mar 30, 2013
What a disgrace.
They come to our counties, change our way of live and now pray in our church?
What a disgrace
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#3 Mar 30, 2013
Big mistake.
Sulaiman

United States

#4 Mar 30, 2013
Step in rigth direction.. We all serve One GOD I believe.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#5 Mar 30, 2013
Faith wrote:
Big mistake.
Recall the story of the camel who wanted just to warm his cold nose inside his master's tent.

Eventually the whole camel came inside, so the owner had to go outside.

Big mistake.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#6 Mar 30, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Recall the story of the camel who wanted just to warm his cold nose inside his master's tent.
Eventually the whole camel came inside, so the owner had to go outside.
Big mistake.
Let me ask you a question or two or three.

How sure are you of the ultimate efficacy of the message, the Gospel, of Christ Jesus?

Who do you think is undeserving of being exposed to and immersed in His message?

If the Faithful receive just one person into their midst who, by some assistance from the Holy Spirit, ultimately GETS the message of the Gospel, just how important to the Body of Christ is that one person?

Your analogy of the camel is not an apt analogy or metaphor. The camel, itself a possession, is the most preferred beast of burden in the desert. The camel is a servant; useful, reliable, durable, with a number of essential purposes, and you are right in that it does not belong inside the master's tent - except during a sand storm.

However, Islam and the Muslim person is not in any way a "beast of burden" to the Christian. The Muslim may be more or less of a theological adversary to the Christian, at times. But, the Muslim is not a servant or ever to be regarded in servitude to you or me. He or she is simply a human being. The Muslim worships the same God as do you and I, and for that matter, the same God of the Universe as every person who understands that Being itself is the essence of Spirit.

The foundational message of Jesus Christ, the Triangle of Light, Life and Love, is not well understood and sometimes it is apparently least understood by its own supposedly most fervent advocates. It is a universal message of Eternal Life conquering death and can and should be acceptable to a person of ANY Faith.

Rev. Ken
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#7 Mar 30, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
How sure are you of the ultimate efficacy of the message, the Gospel, of Christ Jesus?
Who do you think is undeserving of being exposed to and immersed in His message?
If the Faithful receive just one person into their midst who, by some assistance from the Holy Spirit, ultimately GETS the message of the Gospel, just how important to the Body of Christ is that one person?
Your analogy of the camel is not an apt analogy or metaphor. The camel, itself a possession, is the most preferred beast of burden in the desert. The camel is a servant; useful, reliable, durable, with a number of essential purposes, and you are right in that it does not belong inside the master's tent - except during a sand storm.
However, Islam and the Muslim person is not in any way a "beast of burden" to the Christian. The Muslim may be more or less of a theological adversary to the Christian, at times. But, the Muslim is not a servant or ever to be regarded in servitude to you or me. He or she is simply a human being. The Muslim worships the same God as do you and I, and for that matter, the same God of the Universe as every person who understands that Being itself is the essence of Spirit.
The foundational message of Jesus Christ, the Triangle of Light, Life and Love, is not well understood and sometimes it is apparently least understood by its own supposedly most fervent advocates. It is a universal message of Eternal Life conquering death and can and should be acceptable to a person of ANY Faith.
Rev. Ken
I thought LSD went out with the 60's.

Location hidden

#8 Mar 30, 2013
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>I thought LSD went out with the 60's.
LOL!!!....

Was that the last time you used it?
more truth

Tallahassee, FL

#9 Mar 30, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Rev. Ken
The muslim is also lost in a sea of violence, murdering non muslims and himself alike.

Location hidden

#10 Mar 30, 2013
more truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The muslim is also lost in a sea of violence, murdering non muslims and himself alike.
That does not appear to be the case in Aberdeen, SD.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#11 Mar 31, 2013
RevKen wrote:
... The Muslim may be more or less of a theological adversary to the Christian, at times. But, the Muslim is not a servant or ever to be regarded in servitude to you or me ...
... because muslims regard all Christians as THEIR servants, i.e., dhimmis.

And did you even bother to read this story?

"The familiar sounds of Christian hymns have been replaced with Islamic prayer in the chapel this Friday lunchtime and the church priest with the imam from the neighbouring mosque."

Islam has REPLACED, not shared, Christianity in St John's Episicopal Church.
What

Aldrich, MO

#12 Mar 31, 2013
2Cor 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
2Cor 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
more truth

Tallahassee, FL

#13 Mar 31, 2013
What wrote:
2Cor 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
2Cor 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
I go with this idea.

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#14 Mar 31, 2013
Maybe one day he will understand HOSPITALITY!!! But it wasn't today! Happy Easter Joe.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#15 Apr 1, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
Maybe one day he will understand HOSPITALITY!!! But it wasn't today! Happy Easter Joe.
Your muslims friends don't celebrate Easter because, like most gnostics, they don't believe Jesus was either crucified and/or resurrected.

Recall the "parable" about the arab who allowed his camel to warm his cold nose in the tent; in the end the camel came in, and he was out, which is what muslims will eventually do to St John's.

Location hidden

#16 Apr 1, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Your muslims friends don't celebrate Easter because, like most gnostics, they don't believe Jesus was either crucified and/or resurrected.
Recall the "parable" about the arab who allowed his camel to warm his cold nose in the tent; in the end the camel came in, and he was out, which is what muslims will eventually do to St John's.
Your blanket assertions are unfounded. Your analogy is incorrect.

You are full of hostile Baloney!

“Islam destroyed the Zip Code”

Since: Sep 10

Twin Towers

#18 Apr 1, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Muslims make a villain out of Jesus, "Yeah, he will come as Muhammad and slaughter every one and convert them to Islam."
zmb

New York, NY

#19 Apr 1, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
That does not appear to be the case in Aberdeen, SD.
might as well worship satan and have satan as the central figure. that's what mfcuk was and is.
zmb

New York, NY

#20 Apr 1, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
go to a mosque and sing hallelujah....if it is not baloney.

“Islam destroyed the Zip Code”

Since: Sep 10

Twin Towers

#21 Apr 1, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
... because muslims regard all Christians as THEIR servants, i.e., dhimmis.
And did you even bother to read this story?
"The familiar sounds of Christian hymns have been replaced with Islamic prayer in the chapel this Friday lunchtime and the church priest with the imam from the neighbouring mosque."
Islam has REPLACED, not shared, Christianity in St John's Episicopal Church.
It is called "Biological Jihad" once the Muslim has more members than the Christian church they will declare 'victory' and claim it for themselves. As Muslims tell the world,the only perfect religion is Islam, even if they have to steal and murder to be perfect.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 26
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newfoundland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings ... (Oct '07) 7 hr Malta 59,151
Where can you find a good prostitute in St. Joh... (Dec '06) Dec 25 tallblonde1982 71
Slain soldiers Cirillo and Vincent named Canada... Dec 22 Pete 1
Slain soldiers Canada's Newsmaker of the Year Dec 21 MPP Chiarelli a c... 1
Saint John hold special council meeting to solv... Dec 15 John 1
Community Calendar, Dec. 14-31 Dec 14 behind many scenes 1
Her Christian journey Dec 3 RevKen 1
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:35 pm PST