'Canadian Idol' taking a break: Werner questions validty of CTV's 'resting' comments

Dec 19, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Telegram

CTV's Canadian Idol will be taking a hiatus for next season. The show features judges Zack Werner, Farley Flex, Sass Jordan and Jake Gold.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Feb 1, 2013
Shelly

Airdrie, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2009

I am thrilled that Canadian Idol is taking a "break". There is no reason that Canadian Idol could not be as successful as American Idol. "So You Think You can Dance" Canada proves that the calibre of Canadian dance is every bit the measure of that in the States. There is no reason to believe that the level of singing is not equally high. The difference? The competence of the Canadian judges. More to the point, the incompetence of the team of judges that Canada has been subjected to. The talent is out there. The show could be good However, the judging team we have had for Canadian Idol has turned it into a gong show. Could we not find four Canadians who might be able to honestly assess Canadian vocal talent and give these kids an opportunity to grow? It is sad to think of the number of truly gifted kids who have subjected themselves to this ridiculous "screening" process only to be presented to four people who truly have no idea what they are doing. How very sad to think of how many young people have been wounded unnecessarily. How many truly talented Canadian kids have been "weeded out" because the present four judges are not capable of recognizing their ability. The judges have made Canadian Idol an embarrassment. it doesn't have to be!!!
mattspill

Oakville, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

hello, I also really wish there was a canadian idol I'm 11 and I want to sing. I am pretty good and want to have the chance to sing. I really want to show my singing. Why isn't there a Canadian Idol junior. If that happened I be so happy to try out, and ya, we wouldn't be able to sing as good as the pros, but let us have a chance.

hope you make one. really it would be great

Thanks
Shane Newman

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

i Wanted the nex this year Canndian ldol
My song will be Shaina Twain im Gonna getcha Good
my favorite song.
im good singer my Talent too
Form Winnpeg Manioba Candan
My Name is Shane Newman

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Newfoundland Discussions

Search the Newfoundland Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings ... (Oct '07) 14 hr Anon 58,552
Where can you find a good prostitute in St. Joh... (Dec '06) Jul 22 newfie 57
ATV park takes riders through forgotten coal mi... (Oct '10) Jul 19 fandango 30
What's happening in Halton Hills on Canada Day Jul 14 2 killed in crash 2
Cell tower badly needed: Rogers Jul 14 Response to Rogers 3
The search for mental health in a pill Jun '14 STARTS WITH VACCINES 6
We asked: What does being Canadian mean to you?... Jun '14 better than Liberty 1
•••
•••