Ontario man fired from job over comme...

Ontario man fired from job over comment posted on memorial page to Amanda Todd

There are 3 comments on the The Toronto Star story from Oct 16, 2012, titled Ontario man fired from job over comment posted on memorial page to Amanda Todd. In it, The Toronto Star reports that:

"Thank God this b---- is dead," Hutchings wrote on a memorial page for Amanda Todd, a 15-year-old girl from Coquitlam, B.C., who killed herself last week after posting a haunting video on YouTube detailing the abuse she suffered physically and emotionally and online from cyberbullies.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Toronto Star.

Brian

Toronto, Canada

#1 Oct 16, 2012
Hun

Port Alberni, Canada

#2 Oct 17, 2012
So much for freedom of speech.This proves what I have always believed,you do not have any rights that cannot be taken away when it suits the government.

Toronto, Canada

#3 Oct 17, 2012
Hun wrote:
So much for freedom of speech.This proves what I have always believed,you do not have any rights that cannot be taken away when it suits the government.
What does this have to do with the government? He got fired from his job. So his freedom of speech wasn't violated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Westminster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Stephen Hume: Steep ferry fares mean hardships ... May '15 Jonathan G 1
News Job-to-resident ratio drops in Maple Ridge, Pit... May '15 RESISTANCE IS FUTILE 6
News Nepal: Aftermath of an earthquake May '15 stories for commu... 1
Moving to New Westminster (Jun '08) May '15 Brad_suds 25
News No side signs being stolen May '15 boss 1
News What about a seabus between Maple Ridge to New ... (Sep '14) May '15 boss 8
News Woman jailed for knifing her boyfriend in Maple... (Jan '15) Apr '15 PROPER 3
More from around the web