Police confront mob in New Waterford

Full story: CBC News 48
Two people in New Waterford face charges after an angry mob visited homes of people they believed were involved in a death that investigators say didn't involve foul play. Read more
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
sara

Coxheath, Canada

#1 Sep 27, 2006
I believe Harry corbett was murdered and police did not investigate the Death and take appropriate actions in the matter. I would like to see some comfort brought to the family and friends of harry.
He was well known to the community of new waterford and good friends with many. I hope police re open the case it will bring peace to many and hopefully justice will be served.
Melissa- New Waterford

Halifax, Canada

#2 Sep 28, 2006
I also believe that Harry was murdered but the New Waterford Police never seem to take appropriate action when it involves a major crime!!!
john doe

Moncton, Canada

#3 Oct 28, 2006
drugs are the root of most crime in this area. not holding young people responsible for their actions gives them total control of our town!
Carla

Halifax, Canada

#4 Jan 1, 2007
I highly doubt that the youth of New Waterford control the police and those involved in the autopsy.
unknown

Halifax, Canada

#5 Aug 14, 2007
the cape breton regional police never want to help anyone.. but if someone breaches and undertaken theyy are sent to jail well guess what not anymore i say the people of newwaterford should take matters into our own hand and than maybe the police will do there jobs. But with cops like cst trevor whitewood and cst kyle dicks the job will never gett done
unknown

Amherst, Canada

#6 Aug 27, 2007
i just w anted to say ilove you harry and i wil make shore that everyone remembers you
Avon Calling

UK

#7 Aug 29, 2007
aww sorry to hear the bad news xx

harry i am sure they will get what they deserve xxx
unknown

Sydney, Canada

#8 Sep 12, 2007
i also believe that there somethin fishy about the death of harry corbett ... but whose to say we were not there when it all went down there are to many rumors goin around this happened that happened well i will forever think somethin other than our wonderful police are sayin happened .. why dont they start by cleanin up our streets of 12 year kids gettin high or worse there are way to many drugs in our what use to be a quite little town all you see now are zombie like people walkin around
Rilley Griffin

Halifax, Canada

#9 Apr 11, 2008
Harry Corbett was my boyfriend. The last time I talked to Harry was two weeks before his body was found, he sounded hopeful for our future and did not show any signs of wanting to die. Most who have shunned the idea that foul play was involved have adopted the opinion that Harry overdosed purposely to kill himself, I want everyone to know this isn't true. Harry was plagued by many personal demons as well as a severe drug addiction, which consumed most of both of our lives, but he did NOT kill himself. The events surrounding his death may be very mysterious and no one will EVER know whether or not he was murdered, but even if he was Harry is still at peace. I believe this because Harry would want me to have faith that if he was wronged, God will set it straight. Harry waited a long time to put his demons to rest and now he has and I know he is at peace, however he got there. I just wanted to clarify those few things, and now I have.
sara wrote:
I believe Harry corbett was murdered and police did not investigate the Death and take appropriate actions in the matter. I would like to see some comfort brought to the family and friends of harry.
He was well known to the community of new waterford and good friends with many. I hope police re open the case it will bring peace to many and hopefully justice ill be served.
Mary Miller

Sydney, Canada

#10 Jun 11, 2008
Rilley; I noticed you responded to a two-year old post, which suggests to me that you may have, just recently, stumbled upon this site as did I.
I think it's nice of you to speak up for him....I've been doing that for my nephew for 18 years now...because I know he was both beaten and booted and then deliberately put to death by the police choke hold. I firmly believe there were more than one or two who saw him get the boots that night at the nest....you would think that by now, they would be old enough and brave enough to come forward and not be scarred of the main two who put the boots to Clayton...but people are weird in that town...they seem to never grow up and never speak up...will it ever change......the apathy out there is appauling.... it just takes a few brave hearts to turn the tide and that's long overdue in that town.... stick with your instincts Rilley and remember "nothing changes until people change it". I, for one, have always got my ears and eyes open about that hellhole of a town...I assure you, if I ever hear a peep of those who did that to Harry (and I have no doubt they did) I will not hesitate to speak up loud and clear!...take care girl
yours truly, Mary Miller
unknown

Dartmouth, Canada

#11 Jul 10, 2008
unknown wrote:
the cape breton regional police never want to help anyone.. but if someone breaches and undertaken theyy are sent to jail well guess what not anymore i say the people of newwaterford should take matters into our own hand and than maybe the police will do there jobs. But with cops like cst trevor whitewood and cst kyle dicks the job will never gett done
constable trevor whitewood and constable kyle dicks are really nice guys and they were not around when this happend
Mary Miller

Sydney, Canada

#12 Jul 12, 2008
I truly believe Harry was murdered and that this should be on the unsolved murders site....along with many other deaths and disappearances in Cape Breton .... just because police find "no foul play" doesn't mean someone wasn't murdered it just means they can't find anything suspicious, they would rather not go there, and/or cover-up because some people for various reasons are immune to prosecution.
sick of

Glace Bay, Canada

#13 Sep 20, 2008
Mary get a life this has been going on for years
I do not believe that Harry or your nephew were murdered, it was a case o a overdose NOT with intent for harry as far as i can see he was a good kid with a problem. As far as your nephew i dont think he was murdered either witht he blood alchol inhis body anything could have happened but doubt it was murder. The Millers are well known in new waterfod for their alchol abuse and mental states. You people told a lot of lies too from what i remember and even threatened some young girl that got her so scared she said things that were untrue and later recanted.
And that boys dad was pretty darn hard on him too.
Gervais Miller was NOT father of the year.And as far as i know your playing with half a deck also
Mary Miller

Sydney, Canada

#14 Sep 22, 2008
Well "sick" ... at least I have the integrity to speak openly not behind a sick name.
Mary Miller

Sydney, Canada

#15 Sep 23, 2008
I can't believe I was stupid enough to even respond to that "sick" post....guess a person drops their common sense now and then. The only thing that person is expressing in that post is that they support those involved in the murder and cover-up of Clayton Miller, and also anyone who may be involved in Harry Corbett's death.
Mary Miller

Sydney, Canada

#16 Sep 24, 2008
unknown; I don't know the particular officers you refer to but I will tell you one thing; I would go so far as to say I'll bet at least 80% of the police out there now have 100% more integrity than what was running New Waterford 18 years ago. I even believe most of these guys don't approve of the blind loyalty that protects some of the "corrupt brothers". If you know something about Harry's death, you should quiety find some decent authority to share it with... use your head and keep watching and listening until you find one you trust.
sick of

Glace Bay, Canada

#17 Sep 25, 2008
I know NOTHING about Claytons death but i do know what you Millers are like Mary YOU INCLUDED a bunch of drunken nutcases.
Maybe it was an overdose that killed you nephew who knows but i am highly doubtful the police had anything to do with it.
I mean POPPING acid was the thing in those days RIGHT?
watching

Sydney, Canada

#18 Sep 26, 2008
guess I hit a nerve; - one things for sure; sick is either a cop or is wearing the shoes you'd see sticking out of a bad cop's butt!
sick of

Glace Bay, Canada

#19 Sep 29, 2008
No im not a cop, just a believer in truth.
pepper

Halifax, Canada

#20 Oct 3, 2008
sick of wrote:
I know NOTHING about Claytons death but i do know what you Millers are like Mary YOU INCLUDED a bunch of drunken nutcases.
Maybe it was an overdose that killed you nephew who knows but i am highly doubtful the police had anything to do with it.
I mean POPPING acid was the thing in those days RIGHT?
i think the nutcase is you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Waterford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plummer Avenue getting facelift Feb '15 yes 1
News Protest needed over milk prices (Feb '09) Jan '15 three leged pirate 7
News New Waterford woman facing drug charges (Jan '13) Nov '13 mary 6
Mount Carmel Campground - mid-sixties (Oct '13) Oct '13 Paul Ryan 1
News Forgotten John Lennon interview inspires C.B. kids (May '13) May '13 jane 1
News EDITORIAL: Keep VA staff in Sydney (Apr '13) May '13 sugardaddiemeet 3
News New Waterford to have first mobile CEC centre i... (Dec '12) Apr '13 Farmer 2
More from around the web