Former Baptist minister Fred Hanson s...

Former Baptist minister Fred Hanson sentenced 18 months for sexual touching

There are 6 comments on the www.cbc.ca story from Jun 18, 2010, titled Former Baptist minister Fred Hanson sentenced 18 months for sexual touching. In it, www.cbc.ca reports that:

Canadian Crime News: : Sex Offences / Offenders

Canadian Sex Offenders Registry

Plaster Rock,Upper Brighton,Somerville,New Brunswick, Sex Offence charges: sexual assault,sexual exploitation and sexual interference.

2010 06 18

A former Baptist minister has been sentenced to 18 months in jail for sexual offences against a teenaged girl from his congregation in New Brunswick.

A jury convicted Frederick Douglas Hanson, 61, of one count of sexual exploitation and one count of sexual interference at a trial last month in Woodstock.

He was aquitted on another count of each.

At the time of the offences, Hanson was the minister at the Free Will Baptist Church in Plaster Rock, about 100 kilometres southeast of Edmundston. He resigned from the position in February 2008 after the RCMP investigation was made public.

Hanson also addressed the court. He said he respects the decision, but did not admit guilt or apologize to the victim.

Hanson was given two months credit for time served and will be listed in the registry of sex offenders for 20 years.

Hanson is currently serving a six-month sentence in St. Hilaire, N.B. on an unrelated sex charge.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cbc.ca.

habbygirl

Jonquière, Canada

#1 Jun 18, 2010
Does the 18 mo's less 2 start after the 6 mo's he is already serving?

“Canadian Crime News”

Since: Dec 07

Moncton

#2 Jun 18, 2010
Will they run consecutive ? I don't think so as it states above that he was already " given two months credit for time served "

It seems that he was given that two months credit while he was serving that six month sentence.

Hopefully there will be more info in the Daily Gleaner tomorrow which we will update here or with a new article .

“Canadian Crime News”

Since: Dec 07

Moncton

#3 Jun 19, 2010
update

http://www.topix.com/ca/moncton-area-nb/2010/...

A former St. John River Valley pastor convicted of two sex crimes was sentenced to 16 months behind bars Friday.

Frederick Douglas Hanson, 61, appeared in the Court of Queen's Bench for a sentencing hearing on one count each of sexual exploitation and sexual interference.

Crown prosecutor Pierre Roussel and defence counsel Robert Digdon made a joint submission on sentence, suggesting 18 months minus two months for time spent in pre-sentencing custody.

Justice Terrence Morrison accepted the submission and sentenced Hanson to 16 months in a provincial jail on each count, to be served concurrently.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#4 Jul 10, 2010
Sex offenders are humans too! We should give them at LEAST 4-5 chances!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#5 Jul 10, 2010
Just wanted to invite you all out to Pathway Church on Miracle Drive in Lakeville. My church has dwindled from about 200 members to 13 or so and most are seniors on their way out so it'd be nice if some of you young people could come out and help me get the church back together again! Tithing is required but ONLY if you're a member so don't run away just yet! We're Pentecostl in name but DO NOT WORRY! We're not rolling on the floor or anything crazy! To be honest we just kinda have dinners and stuff once a month and I get to preach my heart out each Sunday morning but other than that we're pretty normal. Join us!
concerned

Fredericton, Canada

#6 Apr 23, 2013
He probably violated his daughter all those years too. I knew she seemed like a nut job eating fastfood 24/7 to mask the pain of having sucked her daddy's pecker.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Brunswick, Canada Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Riverview, N.B. men to return to court Friday f... Sun slick 1
News Port Elgin cannabis producer wants to hire 100 ... Nov 25 Is heat from Nuke... 1
News Honey and milk for Charles in his Darjeeling te... Nov 12 It Does 1
News St. John Ambulance volunteers save man (Jun '10) Nov '18 some kill peeps 2 12
News Ex-hockey coach's sexual assault trial hears fr... Nov '18 Ted Haggard s Mas... 32
News Prisoner transferred to Canadian facility (May '06) Nov '18 Curious Bonnie 67
News Canadians on Campobello Island caught up in U.S... (Oct '11) Oct '18 Carl Childers 2