Federal and provincial bilingualism r...

Federal and provincial bilingualism requirements cost Canadian taxpayers $2.4 billion annually

There are 43 comments on the www.fraserinstitute.org story from May 13, 2012, titled Federal and provincial bilingualism requirements cost Canadian taxpayers $2.4 billion annually. In it, www.fraserinstitute.org reports that:

Federal and provincial governments spend $2.4-billion annually

10 provinces spend a total of $900-million

Ontario spends $623-million ( $1,275 per francophone) just over 43,000 of the province’s more than 13 million residents unilingual francophones.

New Brunswick spends $85 million.(spends $357 per francophone) 10.2% (about 75,000 people) unilingual francophones.

Quebec $50 million ($88 per anglophone) 2.3 % unilingual anglophone

Alberta spends $33 million ($534.70 per francophone), Just 0.05% (1,600 residents) unilingual francophones

B.C. spends $23 million ($426.90 per francophone), .03%, about 1,200 claim to be unilingual francophones.

Nova Scotia spends $18 million ($540.10 per francophone), .11% unilingual francophone

Manitoba spends $16 million ($410.20 per francophone), 1,930 unilingual francophones

Saskatchewan spends $9.65 million ($640.50 per francophone), .04% ,Has fewer than 400 unilingual francophones

Prince Edward Island spends $5.1 million ($946.20 per francophone) .04% Has fewer that 100 unilingual francophones

Newfoundland and Labrador spends $3.4 million ($1780.30 per francophone). .01% , Has 50 unilingual francophones

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.fraserinstitute.org.

notme

Moncton, Canada

#21 Sep 29, 2012
actually they are the trade marks of the extremist ENGLISH THAT CLAIMS TO BE SPECIAL
daryl doucette

Moncton, Canada

#22 Sep 29, 2012
french extremists are liars
notme

Moncton, Canada

#23 Sep 30, 2012
so who is saying we have all the jobs ????/// is it not the English extremist ..... welll i found the real liars
ahaha

Halifax, Canada

#24 Sep 30, 2012
French extremists only exist in Daryl's mind.
According to anglo medias, the anglo politicians and anglo academics, there are hopefully only a few anglo extremists that nobody wants to hear about. They make noise but they will never have their say in public affairs.
Alward government, elected mainly by anglophones, does not want to deal with this extremist minority. Parrot's case has proove that.
daryl doucette

Dieppe, Canada

#25 Sep 30, 2012
and wilson and tait and who else has been silenced?
ahaha

Halifax, Canada

#26 Sep 30, 2012
Wilson, Tait and Parrott haven't been silented. They have been told to follow the party lines. This happen all the time on different issues.
daryl doucette

Dieppe, Canada

#27 Sep 30, 2012
the "party line" is bullshit. They should do what their constituants want them to do, not what some group who hands out 8000 dollar rolexes to politicians want them to do....
notme

Moncton, Canada

#28 Oct 1, 2012
but if it was a FRENCH person that would have got the boot would it still be bullshit????
ahaha

Halifax, Canada

#29 Oct 1, 2012
Daryl, the more you share your views, the more you show your ignorance. If you don't know how parliament affairs works, just don'T show it willa? What do you know about PArott's, Wilson and Tait constituents anyways?
Logic

Miramichi, Canada

#30 Oct 2, 2012
daryl doucette wrote:
no consultations regarding the OLA are open to the public. There were none yesterday. You are a liar, which most french extremists are. And the board is franco dominated. But that may not matter. And you espouse equality, you are full of it, as you extremists want ALL the government jobs....and we have proven it...
7 of 11 on the board are English. Do you even look at the facts of anything or just make shit up as you go along?
ahaha

Halifax, Canada

#31 Oct 3, 2012
daryl doucette wrote:
no consultations regarding the OLA are open to the public. There were none yesterday. You are a liar, which most french extremists are. And the board is franco dominated. But that may not matter. And you espouse equality, you are full of it, as you extremists want ALL the government jobs....and we have proven it...
I'd like to see your proofs... What are you exactly refering too? Your policy draft on language at work made for consultation purpose? Are you refering to this poor copy of the federal language at work policy (yes that's what it is... and yet the federal service is not franco dominated as stats from the public service commission shows us)??? That's your ''proof''?
ahaha

Halifax, Canada

#32 Oct 3, 2012
I'd saw that's your paranoid interpretation. It ain't a proof...
daryl doucette

Moncton, Canada

#33 Oct 3, 2012
have any of you morons even read the "language of work" policy that nadeau, carrier and crew are so intent on adding to the OLA here in NB?
bilingualandprou dofit

Dartmouth, Canada

#34 Oct 3, 2012
daryl doucette wrote:
have any of you morons even read the "language of work" policy that nadeau, carrier and crew are so intent on adding to the OLA here in NB?
Are you still crying wolf with that ? Yes I read it and answered you, but you always fail to come up with anything intelligent !!! So boo hoo for you! Get off your ass and get an education, then get a job !!!
Logic

Miramichi, Canada

#35 Oct 4, 2012
daryl doucette wrote:
Yes, read it. Nadeau is a part of the SANB. Not the government or an affiliate there of. So I'm not to concerened as to what He wants. Wheich brings us back to your statement about the board and the make0-up of its board members....and in the style of your lovely quote...hey moron, did you even read who was actually on the board of the review?...Predominatly English people.
daryl doucette

Dieppe, Canada

#36 Oct 4, 2012
nadeau whines, government jumps...and man o man is the SANB an expert at whining....and now they want duality....new word of the month....
bilingualandprou dofit

Moncton, Canada

#37 Oct 14, 2012
daryl doucette wrote:
man o man is the SANB an expert at whining....
Says the king of whiners !!! "Wan wan But daddy I don't want to learn another language and broaden my mind" Again, try education, who knows, it might unstuck that closed mind of yours !!!!
daryl doucette

Dieppe, Canada

#38 Oct 16, 2012
broaden my mind? How? By learning a dying dialect....yeah right....
bilingualandprou dofit

Moncton, Canada

#39 Oct 16, 2012
By learning anything other then the stupid backwards rhetorics you've been hashing out on this side would already be an improvement!!! But I guess your mind doesn't expend to anything further then "Me English, so everything else bad"
Bwayne

Egypt

#40 Nov 11, 2012
Not to throw fuel on the fire, but try to even get info on the cost of things
like the Frankophone Games, or how many
federal jobs in provinces like Alberta
must be given to "bi-lingual" people, aka
native speakers of French (as they test your "bilingualism" in French)... very few Anglophones quaifly for those jobs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montreal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why polish people are dislike so much? (May '08) Feb 17 Usa guest 37
News Lawyers contemplate class action to push govern... Feb 6 Bigger issues no ... 1
News New research suggests room for Rob Ford's popul... Feb 5 GTA eh 1
News 'Energy hunters': Bitcoin miners search for che... Jan 28 Nerd 1
Expo 67 (Dec '16) Jan '18 Calvin 2
News Heavy rainfall leads to flooding in parts of So... Jan '18 earthquake ready eh 1
Montreal sucks (May '08) Jan '18 Calvin 409
More from around the web