Jean Marie Nadeau claims Quebec the o...

Jean Marie Nadeau claims Quebec the only true bilingual province in Canada

There are 114 comments on the story from May 7, 2012, titled Jean Marie Nadeau claims Quebec the only true bilingual province in Canada . In it, reports that:

2012 05 07

The 26th annual provincial French Public Speaking Competition,was held Saturday at l'Universite de Moncton.

It was put on in part by the Canadian Parents for French NB, l'Universite de Moncton, and province's education system.

Jean Marie Nadeau, the president of the Societe de l'Acadie du Nouveau-Brunswick, told the crowd,"Yes, we are the only official bilingual province as recognized by the country but that in all practicality, the true bilingual province of Canada is Quebec.There, 65 per cent of the entire population, both anglophone and francophone, can speak both languages. In New Brunswick, about 70 per cent of francophones are bilingual, but only about 15 per cent of anglophones can speak both languages. That's still double the number of bilingual anglophones in the rest of Canada, and be proud of that, but we need to do better and I think it's starting to finally come along."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at .

Since: Sep 10

Monckton

#21 Jun 8, 2012
puzzled wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert could probably compile those datas for us...
hahahhahh

Robert could but won't waste his time looking for "doctored" information.

That has got to be the hight of arrogance.
enoughcrap

Fredericton, Canada

#22 Jun 10, 2012
As usual, Nadeau is full of crap. And so, it seems, are all of his kind. Time for the axe swing...Canada is doomed unless we get a handle on these expelled french francos. Their own motherland wanted rid of them, so do we...
English Advocator

Ottawa, Canada

#23 Aug 14, 2012
Just because the province may have the highest rate of bilingualism, doesn't make it a bilingual province. Being an anglophone living in Outaouais, I certainly know that Quebec is NOT bilingual, they are anti-anglophone. I see it and I experience prejudice on a frequent basis. New Brunswick may be mostly francophone, but at least there doesn't seem to be the prejudice like Quebec.
Qc bilingual wrote:
If an outlawed language means not having an official status... well French is ''outlawed'' in all provinces, except NB and Qc.
English is ''outlawed'' in Quebec... but it is there that we have the highest percentage of bilingual people.
The equation is a little complicated, wouldn't you say so?
daryl doucette

Moncton, Canada

#24 Aug 15, 2012
HELLO! new brunswick is 70% ENGLISH
Logic

Miramichi, Canada

#25 Aug 15, 2012
daryl doucette wrote:
HELLO! new brunswick is 70% ENGLISH
64% in 2001.....I thought you nut jobs said the french were driving out the English out of the province? How is the # higher? Could it be that you fabricate alot of your facts? Make ya wonder.........
notme

Moncton, Canada

#26 Aug 15, 2012
boy the French are good since the Anglo says we have all the jobs >>>> which means that 30 odd % of ther population are supporting approx 70% since they have no jobs ..... no wonder we are going down hill
had it

Barrie, Canada

#27 Aug 16, 2012
j.m. nadeau take a hike and don't come back,just keep pushing this nonsense and the province of nb will slide further into the welfare basket.It is truly sad to see people of nb leaving that province because of this so call "good policy" where french is being force-fed on everyone trying to make a living.please! do not distort the fact, people are leaving that province because of all this nonsense and i know, i'm not the only one
Logic

Miramichi, Canada

#28 Aug 16, 2012
had it wrote:
j.m. nadeau take a hike and don't come back,just keep pushing this nonsense and the province of nb will slide further into the welfare basket.It is truly sad to see people of nb leaving that province because of this so call "good policy" where french is being force-fed on everyone trying to make a living.please! do not distort the fact, people are leaving that province because of all this nonsense and i know, i'm not the only one
People are leaving in general beacuse there are no jobs for anyone. Even French people are going out west.

And besides, by Darryls numbers, Anglophones shot up in numbers since the last census from 64% to 70%.
daryl doucette

Dieppe, Canada

#29 Aug 17, 2012
64 % is it? Well thats fine, but that indicates a near 2 to 1 ratio...so really who should be calling the shots here?
Logic

Miramichi, Canada

#30 Aug 17, 2012
daryl doucette wrote:
64 % is it? Well thats fine, but that indicates a near 2 to 1 ratio...so really who should be calling the shots here?
They are still taxpayers, our elected officials call the shots. After all, the English Majority voted them in.

Like I said before...with your reasoning, Woman are the majority Gender in Canada (and New Brunswick as a stand-alone). Why should you as a male have any say as to what goes on? Please explain this using your rational.
daryl doucette

Dieppe, Canada

#31 Aug 17, 2012
the rational is that the majority rules dumbass. At least kebec has it right, like that pauline morais said "In kebec we live, work and play in french". Good for her. And the rest of Canada lives works and plays in english. If its good enough for kebec, its good enough for the rest of Canada, although you french extremists want it both ways, and that ain't gonna happen. So if you want to be totally emmersed in french, hop on the train north and get off around chicoootammeee
notme

Moncton, Canada

#32 Aug 17, 2012
actually the rational all over the world except the North America which includes both the US and CAnada where the majority of English speaking fanatics live are all fpr the more language spoken the better jobs you get ... but like usuals us Noth Americans have some assbackward people that thinks they are greaters than shit and do not want to make an effort to learn any other language because for the most they are either too arrogant or lazy to do so
old nb

Saint John, Canada

#33 Aug 17, 2012
im ,62, old enough to see all gov. members from rcmp to prime-minster an all legal entities in between are corrupt. so as long as the they run every thing, language is only a way for corrupt people to skin everyone french ,english,or any people you care fill in. I knew a man from lebanon he spoke 5 @ wrote 3 languages at 19 years of age.
he said you have to learn all the languages spoken around you,or starve.as long as we allow leaders to tell us what is important, stupid sheep will follow.so what is the answer damned if i know. im just glad i only have max 10 or 15 years left. i am so sorry to imagine what could be,especially for you young people who wont do any more than the sheep who came before you

daryl doucette

Moncton, Canada

#34 Aug 18, 2012
notme frog if you are so f'n smart and figure its a piece of cake to just go learn another language then explain to me smartass why you are not trilingual, quadlingual or whatever....you are no smarter or less arrogant or less lazy than the rest of canadians, but what you are is an ELITIST EXTREMIST FRANCOPHONE who typically thinks he/she is better than the average unilingual anglo simply because ma et papa parlez voused to you when you were shittin in your pants and then one day you discovered sesame street on tv....so come down off your high pedestal, shut your collective whining mouths and enjoy your status you have now before people wake up change things back to a different playing field which you and yours WILL NOT like...
notme

Moncton, Canada

#35 Aug 18, 2012
actually Daryl mama was ENGLISH ACTUALLY iRISH FROM IRELAND and papa was French so i am the best of both world and i am not afraid of fools that are to lazy to try to be the best
notme

Moncton, Canada

#36 Aug 18, 2012
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alliance-fran%...

a lot of learning French course available here ... please feel free to take one
daryl doucette

Moncton, Canada

#37 Aug 19, 2012
why would anyone want to waste their time attempting to learn a dying minority language....and everyone speaks english so there is no problem communicating...
notme

Moncton, Canada

#38 Aug 19, 2012
shows how ignorant and arrogant you are . or is it just to stupid to learn ???
daryl doucette

Moncton, Canada

#39 Aug 19, 2012
i'd love to have a nice chat with you face to face you arrogant little prick...
notme

Moncton, Canada

#40 Aug 19, 2012
wow nice little fellow can dish out but cannot take it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moncton Area Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Moncton man Jake Alan Woods, jailed for sex ass... (Mar '08) Nov 14 Ashleigh McFadden 42
News Halifax man Peter James Dominix facing Child Po... (Oct '09) Nov 4 Rai 43
News Organized crime group :Tingley compound raided,... (Dec '08) Nov 4 Rodney tingley 357
News More alledged 'Crime Family' Tingleys granted b... (Aug '10) Nov 4 Rodney tingley 271
News Hells Angels have two sanctioned clubs in Nova ... (Feb '09) Nov 4 Rodney tingley 26
Does anyone know what popping yetts mean? Oct 30 Jason 2
public acts Oct 29 Needleaves 1
More from around the web