Mark DeBow identified as owner of anonymous Twitter account @ProfessorTanked | Brian Cormier

Jun 18, 2012 Full story: www.briancormier.com

On March 12, 2012, Mr. Justice Stephen J. McNally of the New Brunswick Court of Queen’s Bench issued an order from the bench to Spielo Gaming International to release the name of the anonymous online persona Professor Tanked (professortanked@hotmail.com) to me.

In addition to sending me hate mail from within Spielo’s facilities, this same individual spread lies about me on Twitter using the anonymous account @ProfessorTanked. On March 14, 2012, subsequent to the court order, Spielo released the identity to me of the anonymous troll using the profile “Professor Tanked.” Click here to read the letter releasing the identity.

Facts:

The identity of @ProfessorTanked is Mark DeBow.

To my recollection, I have never met Mr. DeBow, nor do I know him in any way whatsoever.

Mr. DeBow’s father is prominent Moncton lawyer Richard DeBow, Q.C., of the law firm Barry Spalding.

Mr. DeBow’s legal counsel is Hélène Beaulieu, Q.C., of the law firm Barry Spalding.

To my knowledge, my only “transgression” previous to reporting him for sending me hate mail from within Spielo’s facilities was that he does not like my columns.

Since Mr. DeBow refuses to take this matter seriously and has not responded to my latest letter of April 26, 2012, I am releasing his identity to the public.

In closing, I am proud to state that — today — the world has one less vicious anonymous online troll. Mark DeBow: You have been exposed.

Click here for full article..

http://www.briancormier.com/2012/06/18/mark-debow-identified-as-owner-of-anonymous-twitter-account-professortanked/ Full Story
Ron Leblanc

Moncton, Canada

#1 Jun 23, 2012
After reading this and checking the blog, it seems if anyone is being an online troll it's Brian Cormier. He got ONE email and reported the guy to his place of employment? I would think a journalist would have more integrity than this.

Since: Jan 09

Toronto, Canada

#2 Jun 23, 2012
You obviously did not do a thorough check then.
Bob Tingley

Chicago, IL

#3 Jul 3, 2012
I agree with RON. 1 email was sent and Brian traced the IP Address to Spielo?? WOW. That's the definition of cyber stalking

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#4 Jul 3, 2012
UPDATE #4 — June 22, 2012: Mark DeBow has revived his @ProfessorTanked account and is on the attack again.

UPDATE #3 — June 21, 2012: Please be advised that there is an individual who is aggressively messaging anyone who posts support toward me on Twitter. Do not be intimidated by this person who goes by the Twitter identity @terihabsfan. Her real name is Teri Woosnam. She has zero intimate knowledge of the case but tweets as if she does. While she is welcome to her opinion, her tweets are clearly meant to provoke and have no credibility other than ONLY being her personal opinion.

UPDATE #2 — June 19, 2012: Please see comments below from Spielo Gaming International and Professional Quality Assurance.

UPDATE #1 — June 19, 2012:@ProfessorTanked’s Twitter account has been closed.
Brian Cormier

Moncton, Canada

#5 Jul 6, 2012
Brian Cormier is a piece of trash

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moncton Area Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Three drug traffickers sentenced for dealing po... (Dec '08) Dec 22 Bobhope902 7
N.B. Baptist minister Fred Douglas Hanson charg... (Aug '08) Dec 15 Darcy Hanson the pig 167
Hells Angels have two sanctioned clubs in Nova ... (Feb '09) Nov '14 tony-steadmnan 18
Accused sex offender Jeremy Daniel Oakley, alle... (Oct '08) Nov '14 Unknown2014 68
Tingley family tries to 'Save Face' on Facebook (Dec '08) Nov '14 Steven Tingley 40
Sex Offender Scott Andrew McAuley returned to p... (Aug '08) Nov '14 anonymous 6
Ex-Sex Offender convict Sem Paul Obed ,37, char... (Mar '08) Oct '14 angry 7
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:20 am PST