Truro man Scott Vincent Dow charged w...

Truro man Scott Vincent Dow charged with indecent act

There are 104 comments on the thechronicleherald.ca story from Jan 3, 2010, titled Truro man Scott Vincent Dow charged with indecent act. In it, thechronicleherald.ca reports that:

Canadian Crime News :Sex Offence charges

Canadian sex offence charges registry

Truro, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Sex Offence charges:indecent act

2010 01 03

The Chronicle Herald, Halifax, Nova Scotia

A couple of young girls, who responded quickly and correctly, helped police make a quick arrest of a Truro man who is now charged with committing an indecent act and two counts of sexual touching.

Scott Vincent Dow, 34, is facing the charges in relation to an incident on Friday where he allegedly tried to talk to two girls, aged nine and eleven, while masturbating inside a vehicle that was located in the Sheridan Street area of Dartmouth.

"Neither of the children were touched. But they ran home quickly and reported what happened and as a result we were able to make an arrest quickly at the scene," Staff Sgt. Sean Auld said on Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thechronicleherald.ca.

justice

Lower Sackville, Canada

#49 Jan 6, 2010
scott dow wrote:
hi little girls out there i usually park my vehicle in victoria park,so if u want can u plaese walk by me so i can play with myself for a really long time untill i get cought,because i want attention i wnt my name out there for this,i wanna go to jail so i can get dicks shoved up me everday.
your idoit
all about TRUE FACTS

Lower Sackville, Canada

#50 Jan 6, 2010
scott dow wrote:
hi little girls out there i usually park my vehicle in victoria park,so if u want can u plaese walk by me so i can play with myself for a really long time untill i get cought,because i want attention i wnt my name out there for this,i wanna go to jail so i can get dicks shoved up me everday.

you are a sick person u know that do u have a life like really get over urself scott is a great man!!!
all about TRUE FACTS

Lower Sackville, Canada

#51 Jan 6, 2010
surprised wrote:
<quoted text>
unless you were in the vehicle with him you do not know anything! all you know is what he has been telling you and of course he wouldnt lie...whatever. Blind loyalty is a sign of the weak and it wouldnt surprise me if you were like his girlfriend or something, just pathetic. I would side with cautin but ppl like you who say he is not capable of this are full of shit....can he walk, drive, breathe, masturbate, talk ,etc? of course he can so that makes him just as capable as any other person.
and just for ur records i am not his girlfriend but a friend of his and i know for a fact that he did not do this have u took the time to read the paper and see that they were looking for someone driving a silver mini van on dec 24 as well.....do ur fucking homework!!! i have two young girls myself and am a great mother and scott has been around my kids and lots of other peoples kids as well...hes a GREAT man and i hope that when he goes to court u have a hard time sleeping at night knowing that u are shooting off about something that u have no idea about. and as for me being in the car with him no i wasnt but were u? id love to know where u got ur info from saying that he was caught with his pants down!!! get a life!!!
Confused

Happy Valley, Canada

#52 Jan 6, 2010
I realize that the standard was met to post his name,however;I have only known him for a while and I feel that his name being put out there...well it's hurtful to his child and mother of his child and their love ones.I understand some one will respond with the comunity has the right to know...the question is when did they have the right.... I want to add that the tool that suggested that Wood Street is where all the sick people go...well I think tool just about covers it!!
Enough is Enough

Paradise, Canada

#53 Jan 7, 2010
I cant help but wonder if these ppl who think he is such a great guy would still feel that way if it was their child who was the victim...
WOW

Bathurst, Canada

#54 Jan 7, 2010
Great Man.... This is a bit much. Just so you know:cases of mistaken identity...or the big "frame ups" we see in the movies are fanistic because they rarely happen. They are not the rule!!! the chances of him being found "not guilty" is very remote...the chances that the verdict would be wrong, is a well.
Enough is Enough

Paradise, Canada

#55 Jan 7, 2010
I totally agree with the statment from "wow". The courts will reveal the truth that others seem so adement about not believing.
Saaay Whaaat

Moncton, Canada

#56 Jan 9, 2010
I don't know this guy and I don't want to, but saying that,"the courts will reveal the truth" is a bit of a stretch. Everyone knows your as innocent as the amount of money you have for a big name lawyer, ask OJ.
Stormshadow

Iqaluit, Canada

#57 Jan 11, 2010
I've seen posts which refer to Scott as a pedifile and as a danger to children. "innocent" or "guilty" you have all condemned a man before your courts have even scheduled him for judgement. Media slander opens the road to mass hysteria. Wait patiently for the truth, before karma turns its attention toward you.
WOW

Happy Valley, Canada

#59 Jan 14, 2010
This is all done, I feel a sense of relief. He has plead guilty; has been sentenced, and the consequence as a result,has been adquate. I feel for the family as it must be very hard, I even feel for Scott and I hope that if he has owned this behavior and is not still doing some sales pitch to friends and family that's a BIG DEAL.. Now is the time to be proactive and get what ever help there might be out there.
wrong

Halifax, Canada

#60 Jan 14, 2010
above post is about a different man needs to come off site,please

“Canadian Crime News”

Since: Dec 07

Moncton

#61 Jan 14, 2010
wrong wrote:
above post is about a different man needs to come off site,please
Agree.

I have advised the admins and moderators. It will be coming off.

Thanks for your concern.
ppl make so many excuses

Holyrood, Canada

#62 Jan 17, 2010
Stormshadow wrote:
I've seen posts which refer to Scott as a pedifile and as a danger to children. "innocent" or "guilty" you have all condemned a man before your courts have even scheduled him for judgement. Media slander opens the road to mass hysteria. Wait patiently for the truth, before karma turns its attention toward you.
Let me guess another friend from up north? Geez you ppl who support someone based on your relationship with them are truly the weakest form of person. Be supportive if you like but its so obvious that you base your opinion solely on the fact that he is your "friend" and he could "never" do anything like that.
Fact is most ppl who do these sort of things are not loners or hang by themselves they are usually your own family so all you friends get over yourselves and your own arrogance. The truth is he was arrested which where there is smoke there is most often a fire of some sort. If he didnt do it then what was he doing so far away from home at the time? Nobody has offered any explanation except that he was with his girl friend like 2 hrs before....only takes 45 min to 1 hr to get to the city from truro....just saying
a friend of the accused

Windsor, Canada

#63 Jan 18, 2010
ppl make so many excuses wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me guess another friend from up north? Geez you ppl who support someone based on your relationship with them are truly the weakest form of person. Be supportive if you like but its so obvious that you base your opinion solely on the fact that he is your "friend" and he could "never" do anything like that.
Fact is most ppl who do these sort of things are not loners or hang by themselves they are usually your own family so all you friends get over yourselves and your own arrogance. The truth is he was arrested which where there is smoke there is most often a fire of some sort. If he didnt do it then what was he doing so far away from home at the time? Nobody has offered any explanation except that he was with his girl friend like 2 hrs before....only takes 45 min to 1 hr to get to the city from truro....just saying
1.5 hrs before reported arrest...trying to bend the facts?
Enough is Enough

Paradise, Canada

#64 Jan 18, 2010
The fact is that he can be stupid and plead not guilty but all that will do is buy him time. he is going to be found guilty based on complete facts. We will just wait for it. I am 100% confident he is guilty.
ppl make so many excuses

Holyrood, Canada

#65 Jan 18, 2010
a friend of the accused wrote:
<quoted text>
1.5 hrs before reported arrest...trying to bend the facts?
How so? wrong time amount? who cares? more than enough tie for it to happen....ask his gf if she was with him during this time and when he did leave her side and you'll see the time frame is well within its means....you really have no arguement except YOU think it was a tight fit in regards to timing.
guy

Yellowknife, Canada

#66 Jan 27, 2010
Any new information regarding the facts of this case? Is it possible they have the wrong man, or did Scott really do such a horrible thing? When is he going to court?

BTW, I knew him a little not very well and I would never have guessed he could do such a thing but you just never know what people are capable of. I will hold judgement until more facts are released.
who knows

Holyrood, Canada

#67 Jan 27, 2010
all about TRUE FACTS wrote:
<quoted text>
and just for ur records i am not his girlfriend but a friend of his and i know for a fact that he did not do this have u took the time to read the paper and see that they were looking for someone driving a silver mini van on dec 24 as well.....do ur fucking homework!!! i have two young girls myself and am a great mother and scott has been around my kids and lots of other peoples kids as well...hes a GREAT man and i hope that when he goes to court u have a hard time sleeping at night knowing that u are shooting off about something that u have no idea about. and as for me being in the car with him no i wasnt but were u? id love to know where u got ur info from saying that he was caught with his pants down!!! get a life!!!
I read the police reposts for the 24 and they were looking for someone in a green van, not say he did or didn't do it I just look to see the report
Enough is Enough

Paradise, Canada

#68 Jan 29, 2010
Thats fine, but this happend on Jan 1st. He goes to court on the 9th. He is guilty as sin...
guy

Yellowknife, Canada

#69 Jan 29, 2010
Enough is enough, is their any way you can provide us with the details that you seem to have that prove Scott's guilt? Its one thing to say he definetly didn't do it, and another to say he definetly did do it, but I'm not willing to take either side until I can base my opinion on more facts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moncton Area Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boycott all "French First" Merchants (Mar '12) Mar 19 jingo 19
News Luxury cars, diapers among truckloads of stolen... Mar 15 Operation Obliger 1
News Swelling household debt likely to slow consumer... Mar 11 layoffs at Spicers 1
News Dartmouth pedophile Roger Edouard Mercier, 39,t... (Feb '08) Feb '17 Howe Street Father 27
News Rain, wind gusts, freezing rain make messy mix ... Jan '17 Justin 1
News Christopher John Allingham and Todd Douglas Mil... (Feb '09) Jan '17 Mrmatt1974 3
News Hells Angels have two sanctioned clubs in Nova ... (Feb '09) Jan '17 Racewars 24
More from around the web